Pedram
guest7
ÖMARz
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OT: Arsenal v Blackburn Empty OT: Arsenal v Blackburn

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 am

Me and my mate talking before the Arsenal game about his bets on football, notice my comment on Blackburn.

OT: Arsenal v Blackburn Lolars10

Back to top Go down

OT: Arsenal v Blackburn Empty Re: OT: Arsenal v Blackburn

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:53 am

When sagna got hurt, I knew the floodgates would open. Can't have defensive weakness at both fullback positions.

Also, defensive scheme for arsenal on FKs is pathetic. They all sit way too low and allow opponent to get too much momentum before picking the guys up. There's no way you don't have fk problems on defense when you play like that. Need to come higher to impede the runs, create offside concerns and allow for some small recovery time. The OGs are Partially a result of being too low and having nowhere to clear the ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:04 am

lol saw a nice comment pop-up on facebook when the score was 4-2...

" Arsenal have been playing shit 4-2 long"

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:07 am

Hey, if Wenger gets the sack this year I'd not mind him here in Madrid lol (that is if Mou gets the sack aswell)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:10 am

omarish wrote:Hey, if Wenger gets the sack this year I'd not mind him here in Madrid lol (that is if Mou gets the sack aswell)

The aim is to win trophies Smile

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 am

ÖMARz wrote:
omarish wrote:Hey, if Wenger gets the sack this year I'd not mind him here in Madrid lol (that is if Mou gets the sack aswell)

The aim is to win trophies Smile

I also think giving our castilla a chance and playing sexy football a aim too
Seriously, if anyone should replace Mou it should be Wenger. With money I think the man can create a invincibles again
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 am

QPR up by 2 goals as well

Wow my calls are on fire tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:26 am

Wenger for Madrid ? No thanks Razz
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:32 am

joachim low after mou sounds better Very Happy

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:35 am

I'm more interested in coaches that will bring with them a certain philosophy of what football should be, a concept, something that matches spanish football already, our academy and can help us evolve.

If Mourinho stays until the world cup, getting Del Bosque back would be nice, if not, Van Gaal would be a great idea.

About Arsenal, well, they are hitting a speed bumps, and things will go wrong for them one way or another, there are times like this. Accumulation of all the wrong decisions they made in the past will just smash them over the head.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:45 am

Van Gaal? That's very interesting. You need to expand on this.

Del Bosque? As long as it's not Barca's version of tiki taka. I can't stand it. We can obviously do better in the midfield... but i prefer a more direct offensive tactic. I would love the Arsenal version of total football as long as the defensive scheme is much more solid.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:53 am

sportsczy wrote:Van Gaal? That's very interesting. You need to expand on this.

Del Bosque? As long as it's not Barca's version of tiki taka. I can't stand it. We can obviously do better in the midfield... but i prefer a more direct offensive tactic. I would love the Arsenal version of total football as long as the defensive scheme is much more solid.

I agree. I'm also in love with Arsenals football philosophy. With a better backline, I could see Arsenal win trophys. Too bad they don't spend..
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:56 am

omarish wrote:

I agree. I'm also in love with Arsenals football philosophy. With a better backline, I could see Arsenal win trophys. Too bad they don't spend..

Vermealen is coming back in a couple of weeks. He's very, very good CB. He will make a world of difference and complement Per much better than Koscielny. Sagna got injured in the first half today too... that they cannot afford that at all. If Arsenal just has a little bit of luck, they will be solid defensively this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 am

I like the way Arsenal plays as well, that's why back a couple of months ago, i said i would welcome him as a coach.

Del Bosque Real Madrid version of one touch football was delightful, he was the reason he loved madrid so much. We were associated with attacking football AND beautiful footy too.

Van Gaal, we can definitely talk about him but in a nutshell, another brilliant manager imo, very old school and stubborn but he knows total footy, possession football and he attacks. He brought back Bayern, and frankly when you engineer the creation of one of the best CMs in the game, you earn my respect; also brought up Mueller. Bayern today is still his team as far as im concerned.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

I like the way Arsenal plays as well, that's why back a couple of months ago, i said i would welcome him as a coach.

Del Bosque Real Madrid version of one touch football was delightful, he was the reason he loved madrid so much. We were associated with attacking football AND beautiful footy too.

Van Gaal, we can definitely talk about him but in a nutshell, another brilliant manager imo, very old school and stubborn but he knows total footy, possession football and he attacks. He brought back Bayern, and frankly when you engineer the creation of one of the best CMs in the game, you earn my respect; also brought up Mueller. Bayern today is still his team as far as im concerned.

Van Gaal has the same problem as Wenger, except even more extreme. He almost dismisses defensive tactics as something below him. Lahm's comments towards him were pretty damning too.

As a former defensive player, i always believe that the best way not to lose is to avoid giving up goals. Once that's under control, then you can concentrate on winning.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 am

Del Bosque is welcome forever. That is for sure. He is easily a top 10 manager Real Madrid has ever had.

Will Del Bosque forgive us though? That is the question.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:19 am

sportsczy wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Van Gaal has the same problem as Wenger, except even more extreme. He almost dismisses defensive tactics as something below him. Lahm's comments towards him were pretty damning too.

As a former defensive player, i always believe that the best way not to lose is to avoid giving up goals. Once that's under control, then you can concentrate on winning.

Van Gaal believes in possession football, that would be the part where you do not give up football. Bayern never had a great defense under him, that's true, the players were underwhelming themselves, and it never seemed to me like they were putting huge emphasis on heavy pressing.

Still wouldnt discard him tho. Thinking of it, not many coaches nowadays are know to be defensive geniuses, maybe it's the nature of the game. Barca and Man utd play the best defense i think, the rest is behind, but they also have the most quality at the back.

I know Del Bosque would play team pressure, and look to dominate most of the ball while going forward. Will research a bit more about Van Gaal and the way his team defended in general.

I do think however that in terms of style, the way i sometimes see Spain NT playing, there is a lot of confidence in the styles, and even when the team look lost on the team because they are getting kicked around, there are few basics they return to and immediately find feet again to go forward. Something i like.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:26 am

Still very curious as to how we play this year once we have both Khedira and Sahin back. Right now, Mou is trying to apply as many bandaids as he can and get us thru until we recover some midfield health.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:30 am

They will rotate, maybe a more genuine 433, with xabi-khedira/coentrao-sahin;

Still awaiting the reshuffling in defense as well. He clearly has potential to go anywhere he wants.

mourinho played with 3 man defense last season as well, we might see some interesting things.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:32 am

I can only think of Del bosque or Joequim low to be honest.

Wenger is incompetent manager nowdays,some decisions he make during game is lol worthy.I dont want him any where near madrid.

Van gal is a poor man manager,he will hit out with one or two players in our squad and he will sell them.He never care about defense as well.Dont want him.Spanish media will eat him alive.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:35 am

Wenger will just bring his trophy drought here with himself. Forget him we will play attractive football, but we will be rusty at the back.

Del Bosque I wouldn't mind he plays efficient and attacking football and not too tiky taky like Barca.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

I still think Schuster was good but maybe just me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 am

I wonder if Wenger comes to Real Madrid how many players from Castilla will get the chance to play for the first team.

I agree with Adit, only Low and Del Bosque can replace Mourinho. they are both disciplined and balanced coaches. i like their philosophy too.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:45 am

Crimson wrote:I still think Schuster was good but maybe just me
+1

I also want us to give him another chance.Played some nice football with some average players in the side.
With the squad he had at 2008 ,he beat barca pretty comfortably.He realized his squad wasnt good enough to defeat guardiola's barca,thats why he resigned.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:04 pm

You guys are rating managers like players. All due respect, those guys have career of experience with them, and all would make brilliant coaches for us. It's not a matter of "nowadays he isnt good, so i dont want him", but we have to look at whole picture.

Without getting into specifics, because this thread is too small for it, i think it's very diminutive to bring down Wenger because he is in a trophy drought with Arsenal. An educated footballer would go to the depth of the issue and look at what went wrong from the beginning.

There is no doubt that Wenger is paying for his past stubbornness, but it doesnt mean that if he starts a project anew, he will repeat the same mistakes.

Van Gaal is very old school, but focusing on this one aspect is very diminutive of everything else he brings with him, which to me is far more important.

Likewise, for Del Bosque, he is playing a different style with Spain when Xavi isnt playing, they are far more direct. Besides, he showed a very different style with Real Madrid in the past already.

Joachim Leow? he is gaining popularity with his very attacking style with Germany NT. But giving the reigns of a club as big as ours, to a coach with so underwhelming club experience is very odd to me. he plays attacking football, which is good, but we know very little about the way he would handle coaching Real Madrid. Coaching a NT is nothing like building a club, so huge risk.

All those other guys have a wealth of experience, club successes at the highest level, so Joachim low sticks out like a sore thumb.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next