futbol_bill
guest7
Zealous
I-no
Turok_TTZ
Le Samourai
12 posters

Go down

Is a 3 centre back system suicide ? Empty Is a 3 centre back system suicide ?

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 pm

W e have now reached a point where Arbeloa is more effective than Ramos at rb , due to the decline of his speed and atacking effectiveness. However Ramos has the ability to be the best centre back in the world. Many have suggested that we buy a RB and move ramos to cb , but I have a different Idea . Instead of buying a new rb how about a 3cb system .

For example...................................Casillas.............................................................................................
Pepe........................................Carvalho.......................................Ramos.

This in my opinion would be suitable defensive cover against most La Liga sides in my opinion.I make it clear though that I do not want to drop Marcelo , but I want to allow him to attack without all the responsibilities of a traditional LB. His will be an entirely adjustable role , depending on the ebb and flow of each match, ranging from traditional LB to left midfield , possibly even to Left forwad.Left wing back is in my opinion his ideal position.

The clear problem with this is the lack of defensive cover on the right.This could be a real problem especially since the quality of wingers in La liga is exceptional. I think that this can be solved by using a three man midfield where the defensive focus is right sided.

.............................................Casillas...............................................................
Pepe...................Carvalho....................Ramos.................................
.................................................................................................................Marcelo
Corentrao/Khedira....................Alsonso..........................Sahin................................

Is this enough defensive Cover on the right side?

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Is a 3 centre back system suicide ? Empty Re: Is a 3 centre back system suicide ?

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:28 pm

*looks @ thread title*
alrigth ill bite

*looks @ OP*
lol wut, why is carvalho chosen? Carvalho too slow for a 3 cb to work. all three cb must be fast enough for a 3 man defense to even work.

so yeah its suicidal unless u switch carvalho with varane but even then its still slightly suicidal.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Is a 3 centre back system suicide ? Empty Re: Is a 3 centre back system suicide ?

Post by I-no Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:37 pm

turok benzema was best player for borefrance.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Lol carvalho is chosen because he is who we have and there's no way mourinhio would start an 18 year old.I guess corentrao could play there but that's pointless , he might as well play rb.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:59 pm

A formation only really matters when defending and our current formation doesn't really have anything that wrong with it.

I personally like three man defences because there is an extra sweeper in the box but I don't think it's really necessary.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Zealous wrote:A formation only really matters when defending and our current formation doesn't really have anything that wrong with it.

I personally like three man defences because there is an extra sweeper in the box but I don't think it's really necessary.

I really want it not to add anything to defence but to start an extra player in midfield, so that we can start Alsonso and sahin without having to drop khedira/corentrao.Also if we continue with the current system , ramos may end up getting dropped which is something I also don't want.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:15 pm

We do play a 3 man defense often with Marcelo high, sometimes Marcelo can sit in the midfield for the rest of the game

guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:52 pm

To answer your question, yes a 3 man defense is sucidal. Notice for example Barca, playing 3-4-3 and last night Chile contra Spain. IT might work against weaker team, but as a norm no it doesn't work. With Marcelo runs we basically achieve this when strategically advantageous.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:01 pm

It's pretty much a 3 man defense when Khedira and both the fullbacks attack anyway.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Not at Barca Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Lahm-----Caravlho-----Ramos-----Marcelo
----------------------Pepe
--------------Alonso
------Ozil------------Benzema-----Ronaldo
-------------Higuain

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:58 pm

futbol_bill wrote:To answer your question, yes a 3 man defense is sucidal. Notice for example Barca, playing 3-4-3 and last night Chile contra Spain. IT might work against weaker team, but as a norm no it doesn't work. With Marcelo runs we basically achieve this when strategically advantageous.

This is true. However this would be more compact since Ramos wouldn't be running up and down the pitch.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:03 pm

we pretty much play a 3 CB system as it is..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperFloren Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:13 pm

The best second half Ive seen from Madrid was , Real Madrid vs Villareal last year, and we played with 3 defenders, ozil and kaka in midfield ronaldo and di maria and benzema.
SuperFloren
SuperFloren
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:40 pm

SuperFloren wrote:The best second half Ive seen from Madrid was , Real Madrid vs Villareal last year, and we played with 3 defenders, ozil and kaka in midfield ronaldo and di maria and benzema.

where have you been SuperFloren ? Suspect
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down