The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus

+3
Juventude
DeviAngel
Luca
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus Empty The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 pm

The problem is his mouth and the media.
If he would not have come out and said "Aguero, Rossi, Ribery"
The media would not blow these names out of the water with report after report.

Due to the mass media flood of these names, the fans build up expectations. I mean try and tell me your eyes didn't water the first time you read "Aguero to Juventus" I know mine did.

Then comes Vucinic, is he a bad player? No, but he certainly isn't Aguero. Is that a bad thing? No, you can't judge a player for not being another player, that isn't fair to him. Mirko cannot be condemned by the fans for not being Aguero, that isn't fair.

Is it Marotta's fault though? Truthfully, he gets some of the blame for voicing names like Aguero and Rossi but I don't think it is his fault that he didn't land them, not completely at least. Let me explain.
Imagine if no one said Aguero to Juventus or Rossi to Juventus.
Then Vucinic (who was always linked at the same time as other transfer talk) signed for Juventus, would people react the same way? Definitely not, as there was no better alternative it was just Mirko, people would discuss Vucinic to Juventus and not the fact that they were "promised" world class players.

Is it Juventus' fault? Yes, Juventus has lost prestige. They are at a low point in their history, they are on a bad run of form and are on their fourth manager in the past couple years. (Ciro>Zach>Del Neri>Conte)
Juventus cannot pull Aguero from Atletico to Torino with Manchester City and Real Madrid in his rear view. First of all, both of those clubs can offer him a far better salary and both leagues are in a better state than Serie A.

Is it really Juventus' fault? It is the fault of calciopoli and mismanagement on Juventus' end. Money has been spent awfully from the time Juventus has returned to Serie A. After making the champions league they should have made better moves, they should have hired a different manager but I can go on and this is useless.

In conclusion,
Calciopoli has broken down Serie A and Juventus.
Juventus returned on the backs of their veterans and with fire in their hearts, they made the champions league but failed to strengthen their team in the right way.
Mismanagement has doomed Juventus for the past couple years.
Marotta has done a fair job to replenish the team and get them in the champions league but his big mouth fairly angers fans. The squad is deep and promising and it should be good enough for a top four finish, with some luck top three.

Juventus will return, after two horrid seasons Conte will bring them back.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus Empty Re: The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:43 pm

hmm I think and after reading marotta's all news ..he said ' Rossi,Aguero are quality players ...kind of players that juve needs '

and nothing more ..media always twist the words
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus Empty Re: The "Problem" With Marotta and Juventus

Post by Juventude Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Good post, Luca. We always seem to think alike on the larger Juve management issues. You took the words out of my mouth.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks ^^

I agree Dejan but Marotta is at fault somewhat
He should have just said something like:
"players will arrive, we have names of interest and we will try and bridge the gap from seventh to third as soon as possible"

When you do name Aguero or Rossi you're asking for trouble if they aren't landed.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Luca wrote:Thanks ^^

"players will arrive, we have names of interest and we will try and bridge the gap from seventh to third as soon as possible"

When you do name Aguero or Rossi you're asking for trouble if they aren't landed.

In terms or public relations and getting fans excited, you're probably right. However, it could have been a bargaining strategy to bring down the prices of players we ended up buying. I guess no one really knows but him. I don't want to start a Moggi vs. Marotta debate, but I did always love Moggi's surprises on the last day of the transfer window and his ability to manipulate the media to positively affect his transfers. It was like Christmas in August. Hopefully, Marotta can deliver a surprise again like he did with Quags.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Luca wrote:Thanks ^^

Well he was enthusiastic as us no1 knew that our targets will be kind of ' I want ucl, I want bigger salary' .....plus media twists his words
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Yeah in 5 days we'll see an Aquilani, Krasic, Quagliarella type deal.
All those players were signed after August 20th Smile

It is definitely the media Dejan but you can't give them anything to twist, which is why I put a very vague statement, don't use names, don't use terms.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Luca wrote:Yeah in 5 days we'll see an Aquilani, Krasic, Quagliarella type deal.

It is definitely the media Dejan but you can't give them anything to twist, which is why I put a very vague statement, don't use names, don't use terms.

I get what u say and I agree with some parts of it ...but Marotta is not to blame for the refusal for the players ,...and I aprove not spending big ...we need gelled squad and intelegent spending to make the philosophy of the coach thats most important

p.s. let us not forget we offered Aguero tracks and all cars that Agnelli and Elkan had and formulas and driving on the formula track ...and he refused us
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:42 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:Yeah in 5 days we'll see an Aquilani, Krasic, Quagliarella type deal.

I get what u say and I agree with some parts of it ...but Marotta is not to blame for the refusal for the players ,...and I aprove not spending big ...we need gelled squad and intelegent spending to make the philosophy of the coach thats most important

p.s. let us not forget we offered Aguero tracks and all cars that Agnelli and Elkan had and formulas and driving on the formula track ...and he refused us

Oh, I don't blame him. However, if he was quiet about the transfer market I bet a lot more fans wouldn't blame him, a lot of people even here do.
I don't blame Aguero either.
First of all, he wanted England.
Second of all, they pay more.
Third of all, they play in the champions league.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Oh, I don't blame him. However, if he was quiet about the transfer market I bet a lot more fans wouldn't blame him, a lot of people even here do.

Forth of all WE will win Scudetto and he will be in EU cup next season Razz Razz Razz
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Forth of all WE will win Scudetto and he will be in EU cup next season Razz Razz Razz

Doubt it, Manchester City has a deadly squad and a good manager
There is just too much talent there and Nasri is set to arrive...
It's unfair!

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 pm

He needs to work on being more "savvy" in his handling of the media.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

It's unfair!

I was joking :/ .......

About the scudetto part I was serious
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

It's unfair!

I was joking :/ .......

About the scudetto part I was serious

I know and I didn't debate that part

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 pm

LUCA;;;;

MAROTTA made great offers considering the economy and stuff;;;

and the offers we made were rejected;;

and there were no reason to make ridiculous offers that damage our club and i don't see anything bad about that

but you are right about bad emotions and high expectations but that is more about MEDIA panic;

we should be proud and happy with our players

we should not let the media pressure and panic to effect us and not let us enjoy watching JUVENTUS happy

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:48 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:LUCA;;;;

MAROTTA made great offers considering the economy and stuff;;;

and the offers we made were rejected;;

and there were no reason to make ridiculous offers that damage our club and i don't see anything bad about that

but you are right about bad emotions and high expectations but that is more about MEDIA panic;

we should be proud and happy with our players

we should not let the media pressure and panic to effect us and not let us enjoy watching JUVENTUS happy

+1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Well put ^^

I am happy with the situation and I am looking forward to a great season

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 am

after reading various posts i can really see a strong amount of self awareness between the fans here.

you guys are smart, and all your comments make me think about this thing i always have on my mind.

why do the most well informed, intelligent fans know what to do and the club's organization does not?

now of course thats not perfectly the case here but main point being that sometimes some things obviously go the wrong way for several factors from all sides.

anyways good posts and i wish you guys well. when i look at your squad i look at a deep squad that has more than enough to make it to the cl atleast, having said that you just need integrity and intelligence to get to where you want.

i hope conte brings that relief,believe, and balance that juventus need.

its going to be a long season but what you guys need is concistency, patience, belief and you have to hope that the club, coach, and team delivers. if you give them time, then things will get better and maybe get closer to how they once were.

forza juve, believe guys, believe.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 am

You know what the main problem is... He didn't keep his promise. No top player arrived and no Vucinic is not considered a 'top player', great player, but not top sorry. Nothing in CB, nothing in LW and no they will not be top players. Lugano, Alex, Ramierz, Vargas.... None.

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:10 am

DeviAngel wrote:

Giuseppe Rossi did not refuse Juventus...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 am

juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

common he never wanted to come here ....even in Jan he said he won't if Juve don't play UCL ....and when we write to him on Twitter he doesn't want to speak about juve but about napoli he praises them and invitres them about jvue he had no comment
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:17 am

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

common he never wanted to come here ....even in Jan he said he won't if Juve don't play UCL ....and when we write to him on Twitter he doesn't want to speak about juve but about napoli he praises them and invitres them about jvue he had no comment

His sister Tina gave an interview to an Italian paper and said her whole family wanted Pepito to go to Juve. Tina and Pepito are very close, she talks to him every day apparently, so I do not believe that he would ever refuse Juventus.

As for Napoli, I never actually read that he said he wanted to go there, so I would need to see that article for proof.

I actually think Pepito is happy in Spain. What single guy wouldn't be? Beautiful women all around him, a big Italian star playing in Spain. If I were him I'd stay there too...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 am

Luca wrote:The problem is his mouth and the media.
If he would not have come out and said "Aguero, Rossi, Ribery"
The media would not blow these names out of the water with report after report.

Due to the mass media flood of these names, the fans build up expectations. I mean try and tell me your eyes didn't water the first time you read "Aguero to Juventus" I know mine did.

Then comes Vucinic, is he a bad player? No, but he certainly isn't Aguero. Is that a bad thing? No, you can't judge a player for not being another player, that isn't fair to him. Mirko cannot be condemned by the fans for not being Aguero, that isn't fair.

Is it Marotta's fault though? Truthfully, he gets some of the blame for voicing names like Aguero and Rossi but I don't think it is his fault that he didn't land them, not completely at least. Let me explain.
Imagine if no one said Aguero to Juventus or Rossi to Juventus.
Then Vucinic (who was always linked at the same time as other transfer talk) signed for Juventus, would people react the same way? Definitely not, as there was no better alternative it was just Mirko, people would discuss Vucinic to Juventus and not the fact that they were "promised" world class players.

Is it Juventus' fault? Yes, Juventus has lost prestige. They are at a low point in their history, they are on a bad run of form and are on their fourth manager in the past couple years. (Ciro>Zach>Del Neri>Conte)
Juventus cannot pull Aguero from Atletico to Torino with Manchester City and Real Madrid in his rear view. First of all, both of those clubs can offer him a far better salary and both leagues are in a better state than Serie A.

Is it really Juventus' fault? It is the fault of calciopoli and mismanagement on Juventus' end. Money has been spent awfully from the time Juventus has returned to Serie A. After making the champions league they should have made better moves, they should have hired a different manager but I can go on and this is useless.

In conclusion,
Calciopoli has broken down Serie A and Juventus.
Juventus returned on the backs of their veterans and with fire in their hearts, they made the champions league but failed to strengthen their team in the right way.
Mismanagement has doomed Juventus for the past couple years.
Marotta has done a fair job to replenish the team and get them in the champions league but his big mouth fairly angers fans. The squad is deep and promising and it should be good enough for a top four finish, with some luck top three.

Juventus will return, after two horrid seasons Conte will bring them back.

Good post Luca. You make some good points. Perhaps Moggi can give Marotta some tips on how to handle the media and maybe that will help him in the future. Being media savvy is just as important as the actual players you sign in my opinion, so he definitely needs to improve that part of his job.

And I agree, if Marotta never said he was bringing in the champions this summer, then the Vucinic signing would have looked alot better in my opinion. When you say you are going after Aguero, then that turns into going after Rossi, which turns into being that you signed Vucinic, then that is a big letdown to the fans and to the team. If all he said was we are going to upgrade our team and then he signs Vucinic, it would have looked much better.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:26 am

I am to sleepy ....but his family wanted to Rossi to go to Juve but rossi didn't ...

I say this every player that wants to join Juve badly prove it like Krasic .....ge even payed for private airplane out of his own pocket to get to turin
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:24 am

Let's clear everything up though.

Aguero agreed with the Juve move, we didn't have enough for him.

Rossi agreed terms with us, his agent confirmed he was interested in the move, his family wanted him to go to Juve. He admitted that he wanted to join an Italian club and hinted Juventus for that.

So no, both players did not refuse us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next