Blanc talks about new stadium  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Blanc talks about new stadium

Go down

Blanc talks about new stadium  Empty Blanc talks about new stadium

Post by pasquale22 Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:20 am

Juventus' special adviser Jean-Claude Blanc believes that the imminent move into the new Juventus Arena will enable the club to return to their former glories.

Blanc resigned as the club's chief executive officer in May but has special responsibilities pertaining to the opening and promotion of the new ground, which is built on the site of the old Stadio delle Alpi.

"I have a direct line to [Uefa president] Michel Platini and when I spoke to him, I realised that he was serious about Financial Fair Play," he told La Corriere dello Sport. "Our television rights are managed collectively and our marketing was fine but the new stadium will allow us to return to the highest level, not only in Italy but in Europe as well.

"The key word is planning. We bought the old Delle Alpi 10 years ago now and we focused on saving the club after Calciopoli. Despite Italy not getting to host Euro 2012, we did not give up on the project."

Blanc believes that Juventus will now finally have a stadium, which enables them to compete with their main rivals Inter and AC Milan, who share the Giuseppe Meazza.

"Inter and Milan are lucky enough to have a great stadium with a huge capacity but it is not a decisive factor in their turnover," he stated. "Our stadium is ready and will help us generate a lot of revenue even if it will take time."

Having shared the Turin's Olympic stadium for the past five years with Torino, Juventus will officially open the ground on 8 September, three days before their opening home match of the Serie A season against Parma.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum