Myesyats
BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
34 posters

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 12:29 pm

Vibe wrote:They really do, don't they. Can't wait till this is over.

If anyone is willing to scroll a few pages back I think Muscats and me predicted most of these events correctly and were relatively objective about it and now that it's all unfolding, I guess those calling us out on it might not share the same sentiment anymore.

Spot on. I've been as objective as one can be, praising the wins and pointing out the losses on both sides. I was trying to look at the bigger picture from the beginning. I praised Kamala for a great debate- nobody called me a contrarian then. God forbid I say Vance is a regular person! I feel that many dems are disconnected from reality, they feel superior and dont understand the average person. They dont understand how a person like trump can win and probably will win, they are blindsided. They think that everyone that doesnt endorse Kamala is just racist and Trump=Hitler. It's that simple folks!

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Yesterday at 12:37 pm

Myesyats wrote:@elitedam That's a totally different argument... he is an opportunist like most politicians but I wouldn't say he's "weird", comes off as a regular guy. Still, at no point i am or have been dickriding him

What his messages reveal is what many republicans felt I believe, that his rhetoric was way too radical. But they still can't find a better candidate so they have to get behind him, that's politics . Same as dems have to pretend that Kamala is competent enough but probably scoff at this candidacy in private.

If you dont think Trumps media run has been way better then you're just biased. Even if he spouts BS he comes off as confident, relaxed and has a comedic sense. I praised Kamala for the debate but the following interviews she had have been really poor and unsuccessful and that's not contrarian, its what many people feel

You can't really deny the fact that dude has an unhealthy obsession with unmarried women tho. what's so bad about some small portion of the female population preferring to live with cats all their lives? by going after them he kinda outs himself as someone who sees women as nothing more than a tool for child-bearing and basically raising kids all their lives and not doing anything productive. idk seems a bit authoritarian to deny the opposite sex of their own bodily agency.

He does sounds like someone who is too stuck in online spaces, you don't talk like that in real life unless your brain is really poisoned by fringe parts of the internet.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Yesterday at 12:40 pm

This guy is the most genuine normal human being in politics.

This is what I was responding to. There's nothing genuine about this guy. I see nothing of a normal, everyman in him. Very smart, yes, but as disingenuous as they come. He compared Trump to Hitler FFS, and now he is his VP candidate.

We all have our biases, and I do like and respect you, but what makes you think you're the objective one in this election?
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 1:03 pm

elitedam wrote:
This guy is the most genuine normal human being in politics.

This is what I was responding to. There's nothing genuine about this guy. I see nothing of a normal, everyman in him. Very smart, yes, but as disingenuous as they come. He compared Trump to Hitler FFS, and now he is his VP candidate.

We all have our biases, and I do like and respect you, but what makes you think you're the objective one in this election?

I don't think, I know I am more objective. There's a reason why these people can easily win elections. You struggle to name one positive about either Trump or his VP. You attack anyone that does. Just because dems think they have the moral high ground doesnt win them elections, because they fundamentally dont understand regular bread-eating people

You're talking as if Kamala were a 100% genuine person. She just lied about working at Mcdonalds as a teen when she never did, or at least she did not provide evidence to prove it.

Trump's PR stunt at Mcdonalds was objectively hilarious in that context, something that is campaign gold which Kamala can't pull off

Kamala's candidacy was completely a media creation, whereas Trump controls the media narrative. That is the difference between them
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 1:13 pm

elitedam wrote:but I don't understand how you can say that Trump is smashing it. He sounds Biden level of confused.

Yes he is smashing it, doesnt sound confused at all... Kamala declined the invitation to this charity dinner bc she knows she couldn't pull it off

Watch his podcast on Flagrant also.. His every interview/podcast/public appearance is a hit. He simply is an entertainer and feels great in that space

he lost the debate imo but ever since then he's been relentless
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Yesterday at 1:20 pm

Nah, my dude. You're an enlightened centrist who thinks his bothsidesism makes him more objective than everyone else. Sometimes a treasonous piece of shit is just a treasonous piece of shit.

Look at your JD Vance horseshit post. You say he's a genuine guy. I call BS on it. And your response is to bring up Kamala Harris and how she's probably just as bad. I never said anything about her.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 2:15 pm

elitedam wrote:Nah, my dude. You're an enlightened centrist who thinks his bothsidesism makes him more objective than everyone else. Sometimes a treasonous piece of shit is just a treasonous piece of shit.

Look at your JD Vance horseshit post. You say he's a genuine guy. I call BS on it. And your response is to bring up Kamala Harris and how she's probably just as bad. I never said anything about her.

Yeah well these weren't my words, it was a YouTube comment that I quoted and I admit "genuine" is not the word I would've used. I focused more on the "average everyday dad" part

And my response was this:
Myesyats wrote:Being objective in today's society is now "contrarian" ! Rolling Eyes

I just called him not weird and a "regular guy", how is that dickriding? I'm following both media runs by dems and reps and objectively Trump/Vance are smashing it in comparison, that's what people bet their money on too

Just pointing out that the "weird" narrative that Kamala campaign was pushing kinda fell flat is dickriding??

Politics really brings out the worst in people..

Nothing about Kamala there specifically as a person. I clarified that it was about the "weird" narrative yet you're still clinging on to that and you still don't understand

Both sides pretend their candidate is the best. You think dems in private are thrilled about Kamala's candidacy? Laughing I never said she's just as bad, that example was to make a point that all politicians pretend. Just like Obama pretends to endorse Kamala but deep down he'd want Michelle to run
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Yesterday at 5:45 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Blue wrote:If Kamala losses the election like Hilary, it will no be because of their gender it will because they are mediocre candidates. She is not a good candidate, she wouldn’t even when the primary.

Kamala is only in this position because the Democratic Party is pushing her down the throats of their voters.

Yeah i know its not the only or main reason but it is a factor that trump doesnt have to face, as a woman you need to be basically flawless to even stand a chance in the first place

I disagree actually Trump has overcome a lot more, media has a natural favorability toward Kamala while a negative one toward Trump.

What Trump has done and overcome is much more significant than Kamala. If you recall in 2016 republicans were trying their best to have someone other than Trump to be their candidate, he overcame that and the media. On the other hand Kamala is only in this position because she is a sheepish solder of the DNC, didn’t even have to face a primary.

Trump is a much better candidate, has garnered a cult following. I might not like him but I cant question his ability to garner votes.

Women in other countries have been able to lead their country, and I do not believe those countries to be less raciest or sexiest than the USA.

I ask myself if Kamala was a generic white male and everything else the same would she do better? Imo no maybe worse since political identity would not do any favor.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Yesterday at 5:56 pm

Trump is inspiring voters to vote for him, while Kamala tactics is “I am not Trump, he is a bad man”

Truth of the matter that tactic is not good enough since he had 4 years of presidency and those fears didn’t come to fruition.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Yesterday at 6:37 pm

Well “I am not Trump" is basically the reason why Hillary lost in 2016. every time Democrats fail to provide a genuine alternative to GOP's madness, they lose.

Kamala is out there campaigning with Dick Cheney and repeating generic Republican talking points like "tough on border", basically outflanking Trump in conservatism. i'm not sure how many votes she can gain by sounding like a Republican but she's potentially alienating her own base in the process with this move. we'll see if this Faustian bargain works out or not i guess.

US elections are a true enigma man. Laughing it's always a race to the bottom and which candidate is trying harder to lose the election.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37