Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 33 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

+31
alexjanosik
Firenze
Makaveli
Zees
FalcaoPunch
punkfusion1992
titosantill
jibers
rincon
FennecFox7
NeganIsco
Turok_TTZ
Clutch
Cyborg
StrugaRock
Hapless_Hans
Adit
Kick
Freeza
Valkyrja
Thimmy
The Demon of Carthage
VanDeezNuts
Doc
chad4401
sportsczy
Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:40 pm

The lolz when we've spent nearly a decade chasing Neymar only to be hesitant when he's available rofl

I hope he doesnt come. We might have a new Bale on our hands if we get him

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Well, if we're speaking purely about talent and performance, Neymar is better and more talented than all of our strikers combined...and by a huge distance. So getting him would massively improve our attack.

My main problem with him is his off-field antics. But I don't think we should worry about that because Madrid stopped signing Galacticos and partaking in bidding wars a long time ago.

I just hope he won't go back to Barça, that's all.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Signing Neymar is about the only way we can compete for la Liga. I would even go as far as saying that if we do sign him, la Liga is in the bag. Zidane's "luck" will return...

But yeah him going to barca is not a welcome scenario.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 pm

By the way if we end up signing Eriksen kudos to him for not accepting to go anywhere else, notably turning down United recently, and holding on to his belief he would move to Madrid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:43 pm

That's a big IF because, to my knowledge, Zidane is not a fan.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:51 pm

also, there are just too many reports now to ignore about how things seem to have tensed up between Zidane and JAS/Calafat with his insistence with Pogba.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Eriksen only has to be patient. When ZZ finally accepts that Pogba is not coming he'll have to approve of the Eriksen transfer. He isn't playing today so far.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:57 pm

According to Diego Torres, United would sell Pogba to madrid for 160 millions but Madrid have not made an official offer.

if that's true, and that's a BIG IF, i can see how Perez is reluctant to pay that.

In the meantime, since we have not had any comunicado oficial from Madrid denying the Neymar stuff, everyone journalist that i know as reliable is saying it's true and we are negotiating. also adding PSG would much rather sell to us than Barca if we make a comparable offer. Also, Qatar has cut the money well with PSG, and since they need players, we could possibly see them wanting to take players if a deal is made.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Zidane can fuck off at this point.

He shouldn’t have a say in transfers anymore.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 pm

i feel conflicted about Zidane. When he was in madrid, i thought he was very overrated and a golden madrid generation carried him. thn he left, CR left, we had a shit season, and he came back like the savior. that felt pretty good, i assumed with him in control, he would steer things the right way, but so far it's been a dud. I give time because it's preseason and we are not in competitive conditions just yet.

Some journalists are already speculating that Perez is lining up Mourinho in case the season goes to shit. But if we sign Neymar, Zidane's luck is gonna come back.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:02 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:..he came back like the savior. that felt pretty good, i assumed with him in control, he would steer things the right way, but so far it's been a dud. I give time because it's preseason and we are not in competitive conditions just yet.

I really, really, genuinely never understood that part. I suppose it wasn't outright impossible that he would return and our underperforming players would somehow start performing, purely due to sheer willpower and a resurgence in motivation, but that was always extremely unlikely. I suppose it was considered one of my obnoxious, Pogba-like rants back then, but it still  baffles me how many people on here naïvely thought he'd return and things would just *poof* turn to gold, as if the problems were never really there to begin with.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:48 am

I never expected him to come back just to bring those guys back to form, i think he knew when he left they were on the decline, he has played them so far imo because he doesnt alternatives that he likes. Ceballos, Llorente, Isco to some extent are not, in Zidane eyes, good enough to play over MCK when they are all fit. Or i should say that he prefers his old guard anyway.

Pogba is the kind of player that would force that change and bring about a midfield turn over imo. I think even Zidane understands there is a turnover to make but he has been so focused on Pogba that he hasnt really thought about other options.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 am

I do see the appeal in Pogba's talents. I really don't understand what Zidane sees in him considering his actual sustained performance output, though. I know I've already mentioned this countless times. Surely, he must've actually watched a good amount of his matches at club level over the past 3 years? I refuse to believe that the interest in Pogba stems solely from the two of them knowing each other on a personal level. That's absurd. Talent aside, I really don't think someone with his approach to the game would make a substantial impact towards our title winning chances outside of isolated matches, and even those are highly unpredictable.

A midfield turnover sounds great, but you still need reliable performers. One could argue that he had the league stats to back up his consistency last season, but I'm pretty sure I watched every single one of those goals and assists, and yet I see relatively little to be impressed about. His team mates are not to blame. If anything, they made it possible for him to rack up the majority portion of those stats with little effort. I can't think of another CM out there with Pogba's sheer talent, as well as a more reliably motivated, more work-oriented attitude, but I definitely prefer someone who's less talented and more reliable. I'm insanely fed up with watching our players displaying a blatant lack of motivation, and  he's the fucking king in that regard. Therefore, I struggle to see how he would be the face of our widely discussed makeover or overhaul. That said, I suppose it's still possible that he might join us in the future, or in january already - provided, he lies down flat on his stomach and tells his club that he refuses to eat unless they let him move. That would be quite funny, considering his recent, in my opinion rather patronizing appeals to Man United fans.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:58 pm

150M for Pogba Laughing i am so happy the club refused to buckle. He would've been a nightmare to get rid of if he flopped
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 pm

As far as a Neymar signing will likely boost this year’s squad, I am against it for three reasons.

1) his behaviour mostly off field is awful and will be a detriment to club. I don’t believe he will alter his behaviour issues ( I see him heading down same path as Ronaldinho).

2) the real prize / objective at PSG is Mbappe, and a Neymar signing will likely kill that possibility.

3) he will use up the non EU spot that Valverde has just freed up. While that would be ok for this season, it creates a nightmare situation for next year plus probably a couple more as no room for Rodrygo or Kubo plus restricts any pursuit of non EU talent for several seasons. Unless they flop or seriously injured, there is no way Militao, Vinicius plus Neymar frees up a non EU spot for several seasons.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm

I think you get Neymar if you can get Neymar... he's that good.  There's no guarantee that Mbappe will come next year or ever.  He's just as likely to go to EPL as Real Madrid.  Klopp/Liverpool are getting close to his entourage (his father mainly).

Regardless of any problems, you just sign Neymar and deal with the rest downstream imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Rafaella (Neymar’s sister): “WHAT A DISGUSTING AND DISRESPECTFUL HEAPS OF HUMAN Y’ALL ARE! You wish you still had my brother at your team. You will win nada without him. F*ckers”

he’s not staying in Paris
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:54 pm

I expect no less from Neymar's beloved gf tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:32 pm

I don't like Neymar.

If he comes he will impede Vinicius' growth and maybe even influence him negatively off the field.

But this teams need all the quality it can get. Neymar is a quality players. Flo loves him, he will bring in lots of marketing money.

If his injury issues are sorted, green light the signing.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:27 pm

On one hand, like Sports pointed out, it's a no-brainer that you should get Neymar if you have the chance to do so. He's a generational talent, someone who's pretty much guaranteed to positively influence a game in any given match. He provides flair, star power and impact that others can only dream of achieving. He has nothing to prove.

On the other hand, he turns 28 in february of next year. He's a pacy, technically skillful, and skillfully boastful, Brazilian forward - a profile that's traditionally known to offer shorter than average longevity. He's already injury prone, and he carries some luggage as well.

I have no doubt that he would instantly improve us, but acquiring him might hurt us in the longer term, as well. We don't know if he'll manage to stay fit when it matters, whether or not he'll follow in the footsteps of many other, fellow Brazilians of similar profile and go through a rapid decline in the near future, or if his occasional, egocentric douchebaggery will negatively influence the dressing room. A guaranteed improvement, but also by far the most potentially expensive, long-term risk we've ever made. So, in summary: He could be our best signing since CR7, but he could potentially, also be a shot in the foot. I've noticed that some on here like to trivialize large transfer fees, but 200m+ is not spare change. I'm neither for, nor against buying Neymar, but if it's a matter of priority spending, then I think we would all prefer the safer, more long-term and reliable purchase in Mbappe.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Timmy, you have for the most part echoed what I had said Saturday. One of the scenarios I hear was a one year loan agreement with an option to buy. This scenario apparently is being discussed to avoid any FFP concerns. It isn’t cheap, but it may be worthwhile given we can deal with longer term issues such as no non EU spot for Rodrygo, Kubo later.

The other significant factor that Sports brought up was keeping him from Barca!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Keeping him from Barca is a sound plan, but if he's going to be walking around in expensive crutches anyway, then I don't mind him and his sister enjoying the beaches of Barcelona at the local club's expense Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 pm

I just read from Sport (that’s the barca paper, not our Sports!) that the negotiations have begun. Madrid offered 120M plus James. PSG said they didn’t want James, but would take Isco. Madrid said Isco not for sale!! PSG said they would take either Courtois or Navas. That actually makes some sense as they need a GK and apparently have Dybala lined up in place of Neymar.

But of course, we have to take anything that paper puts out with a grain of salt.

I would offer Bale, James and Navas (or Courtois) and call it even!

Note: just before finishing this post, I’ve read from Marca that Lunin will be lent to Vallalodid! That would kill any movement of Navas!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Van de Beek is staying at Ajax, according to to their coach Ten Hag.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Doubt it. If Isco was what they wanted we'd be stupid not to offer him. He barely fits in our plans, never really has.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:08 am

If we sign Neymar I'll go to London and drive Eriksen to Madrid on a bike. I'll stop by Amsterdam and pick up can de meh too Smile
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next