Art Morte
Doc
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Harmonica
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

VAR is dead, say hello to VRMR - Page 3 Empty Re: VAR is dead, say hello to VRMR

Post by Doc Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 am

For starters, that is Serie A business and different refs would be used and judge PKs differently. 2ndly, no Jjuve fan is gonna complain about PKs that weren't called against them lol.

Also, it was PK.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

VAR is dead, say hello to VRMR - Page 3 Empty Re: VAR is dead, say hello to VRMR

Post by Myesyats Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:07 am

if Dany says it wasnt a penalty, i know it was a 100% clear cut penal lmao
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:53 am

Sit down keyboard warriors :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:11 am

It's a pretty borderline PK

You can give it, you might not give it. It's not as bad as the Kimpembe decision, and I understand both sides of this one.

It's just too bad because soon the only thing defenders can do is try and block standing up with their arms behind their back looking like muppets. Penalties like this keep being called and it disincentivizes any sort of lunging, sliding, jumping where your arms naturally come out away from your body at all.

And to me that's a shame. I don't think players should be punished for doing completely normal football actions like sliding and jumping.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am

Man please, any of you have ever played football ffs?

You simply CAN NOT put your hand anywhere else when you slide like that. It's just impossible. Literally.

I maintain, the ball to hand was neither an intentional handball nor the hand was in an unnatural position.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:11 am

If VAR had been introduced a couple of years earlier, two of Real's glorious three in a row CLs would be Bayern's.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:29 am

danyjr wrote:Man please, any of you have ever played football ffs?

You simply CAN NOT put your hand anywhere else when you slide like that. It's just impossible. Literally.

I maintain, the ball to hand was neither an intentional handball nor the hand was in an unnatural position.

Then, maybe don't slide like that? Just slide and don't roll over trying to turn your back like a pussy. Take it in the balls if you have to (like D'Ambrosio versus Cutrone) or learn to keep your arms below your shoulder line.

Clear penalty, just like it was in PSG-MU and like it shoudl have been in Juve-Milan.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:29 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:If VAR had been introduced a couple of years earlier, two of Real's glorious three in a row CLs would be Bayern's.

They never played in the final, so that's a maybe at best.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 am

CBarca wrote:It's a pretty borderline PK

You can give it, you might not give it. It's not as bad as the Kimpembe decision, and I understand both sides of this one.

I honestly thought Kimpembe's situation looked more likely to be intentional. He was jumping, not sliding. He could've easily pulled in his arm if he wanted to. Instead, he made himself bigger while he was in the air.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:35 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:If VAR had been introduced a couple of years earlier, two of Real's glorious three in a row CLs would be Bayern's.

You keep forgetting that pos Muller was offside for Ramos' own goal and nothing was called. Also, hurry up and get over the fact your team has yet to beat Madrid in 6 attempts with 3 different managers.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:38 am

Also, I've played football and you can slide in without your arm up in the air like that. It was a hell of a call but the ref wasn't wrong to give it. He wouldn't have been wrong to not give it either.

Essentially, cBarca be right imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3