Sina
McAgger
CBarca
windkick
rincon
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Steven Gerrard retires from football - Page 2 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard retires from football

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:28 am

Brazilian legend Ronaldinho.

“For me, in the position he plays, he is one of the very best in the world. For the job he performs, for me he is one of the greatest.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Steven Gerrard retires from football - Page 2 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard retires from football

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:29 am

Jose Mourinho.

“It’s my time to honour Steve Gerrard and say, with opponents like him, that I am the manager I am.

“I learn through my players and my best opponents. Steven Gerrard is for sure one of my favourite enemies and for sure my dear enemy, the one who made me a better manager.

“To stop him, or try to stop him, has been very, very difficult. I lost against him, I won, I drew. I am very sad it’s the last time I play against him. I need people like him to make me a better coach.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:30 am

Guus Hiddink.

“I love Gerrard’s qualities as a player and a leader. Technically and tactically he is the best. He is a player who fans can identify themselves with and a man who carries the love for his club on his club badge.

“There is not another player in the world who combines all those qualities.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:30 am

Patrick Vieira.

"I heard what Alex Ferguson said about him being better than me. He’s probably right. Gerrard is England’s best player. He is the complete player.

“He can score, he has a great final ball, he can tackle and he drives the team forward. He is a winner on the pitch, which is why I really admire him."
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:31 am

Zinedine Zidane.

“I would have really liked to have played alongside him, but he has always remained loyal to his own club, Liverpool – the club of his heart.

“That also is another characteristic that is particular to him, I don’t think there are too many players who have spent their entire career playing for just one club.

“Why did I like him so much? Perhaps there was something about him that reminded me a little bit of myself.

“He made a lot of noise out there on the field but was quiet off it, meaning that he was someone down to earth and grounded away from the game who just said what needed to be said.

“He preferred to do his talking on the field, using his voice, his combative spirit and above all his ability on the ball that could make the difference in a game."
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:32 am

Carlo Ancelotti.

“Gerrard knows very well the tradition of Liverpool. The shirt is ‘inside’ him. It’s the same with John Terry and was with Paolo Maldini. They show young players and those who arrive in the club what is expected of them at Liverpool, Chelsea or Milan.

“The reason I’d like to manage him is because I’ve managed a lot of fantastic players and he’s on the list of the best players. When you can manage the best players, it’s easier to win.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:32 am

Arsene Wenger.

“I would like to pay tribute to a fantastic career. For me he was an absolutely fantastic player.

“He has remained loyal to his club for his whole career and we don’t see that a lot, especially that kind of quality of player.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:33 am

Thierry Henry.

“I can’t think of a striker in the world who has scored as many important goals, never mind a midfielder. He is, for me, Liverpool.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:34 am

unique.

gerrard is god Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:24 am

one of the best english player for club in all time

salute...........

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:58 am

I have never seen someone like him :bow:
and probably will never see !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:45 pm

I will always remember his performance in the CL final Liverpool won to Milan. He was everywhere in the second half and extra time.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Watching all these Gerrard videos the last couple days has really hit me in the feels. Sad
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:54 pm

He's synonymous with the word "inspirational" in my mind. I don't think I'll ever use that word again and not think about Gerrard.

Astonishingly awesome player.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Legend and a leader.

Thank you for all the joy !

zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:52 pm

His goal against Olympiakos still sends chill in my spine man.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:20 am

Fantastic player.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:17 pm

The term legend is tossed around too often, these days. However, Steven Gerrard ticks every box.

From his incredible goals, to his indisputable loyalty; his audacious on-field performances, to his understated personality off the pitch, he was everything you wanted in a player.

He embodied everything about our wonderful club. Ancelotti's quote to the effect that the shirt is "inside" him is absolutely perfect. Though his loyalty was tested at times, he always remained faithful to his boyhood club. I sincerely doubt we will ever see a similar story in football.

Steven Gerrard retires from football - Page 2 2747377200000578-0-A_young_looking_Steven_Gerrard_was_pictured_in_the_paper_alongsi-a-43_1428151806677
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:33 pm

GOAT midfielder :bow:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Unique wrote:Roma skipper Francesco Totti.

“Steven Gerrard would be the captain of my World XI dream team.

“Would I have liked to play alongside him? I think anyone would love to play with players of that calibre.

“He’s a terrific player; he’s a match-winner, so I think he’s a player any club in the world would want.

“Gerrard is a complete player because he can play in every position and can do everything with a football at any time in a game. He’s a player who scores goals, who builds the play, he’s a sensational player.

“I think people all over the world know that Gerrard has been a Liverpool legend. He’s spent many years playing for one team and has always fought for that club. He should be respected and thanked for everything he’s achieved.”

Its always surprising when Totti says something sensible and eloquent. Laughing

I guess Gerard is a player he can probably identify himself with.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2