Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th)

+5
CBarca
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
urbaNRoots
Jay29
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th) Empty Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th)

Post by Jay29 Fri May 13, 2016 1:32 pm

At long last, this highly disappointing season will end on Sunday. I don't know about all of you, but I can't wait.

It's safe to say Sunday will be a low-key affair. Arsenal will be wondering what could have been, as usual, while Villa will be keen for their own disastrous season to end as soon as possible. In front of what will doubtlessly be a quiet Emirates Stadium - I've not seen any protests planned - the two teams will likely half-arse it.

But the game isn't without something at stake, for Arsenal at least. After last week's draw at City, we need just a point to secure third spot and a route straight into the Champions League group stages. A win and a Spurs defeat at Newcastle would see us usurp them into second, which would be hysterical considering how much better they have been this season. St. Totteringham's day is still a possibility, somehow.

That aside, the other interesting aspect of this match will be the number of players playing their final game for both clubs involved. It will be goodbye to Matheiu Flamini, Mikel Arteta and Tomas Rosicky, and you wonder if we'll see any of them make an appearance. At the very least, I hope Rosicky gets one final run out. And with doubts over the futures of the likes of Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud, and even Alexis, it could be the final time we're seeing them in an Arsenal shirt, too. Not to mention David Ospina, Kieran Gibbs and Joel Campbell on the bench.

Then there's the lap of honour after the game, which will be a polite and subdued affair.

Predicting the team for this one is tricky, not knowing if Wenger will make some sentimental decisions on certain players. Mertesacker remains unavailable, and of course Welbeck is out for the next 9 months. Ozil returns from his slight hip injury, and there was talk of Wilshere being ready to start now. So maybe we'll see:

Cech

Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal

Elneny - Wilshere

Alexis - Ozil - Walcott

Giroud

But who knows, really? It's the final day with not much to play for. Anything could happen.

Should Arsenal lose and City win, however, we will finish 4th. Could you imagine losing at home to this Villa team?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th) Empty Re: Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th)

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 13, 2016 1:52 pm

I hope Arteta and Rosicky start and receive a proper send off, as befits these two classy players. No matter what you think of them now, they deserve this.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th) Empty Re: Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Sunday, May 15th)

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 13, 2016 2:13 pm

I dont know about starting them but bring them on in the second half with 15min to go.

I dont want them to pick up a injury with few minutes in to the game and taken off.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 13, 2016 2:24 pm

THAT feeling again lol. Last game of the season. Feet up and nothing to worry about. Sigh

Oh well. I agree with Urban that both Rosicky and Arteta need to make an appearance.

Apart from that, let's just end the season with a win at least and put this nightmare of a season behind us(again).

Hope we give Chambers a chance at CB but can't see it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 13, 2016 3:23 pm

You guys think Ozil would start?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 13, 2016 4:12 pm

yup
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 13, 2016 7:13 pm

10 years at Arsenal. A decade ffs.

Molenation

Should have had a testimonial.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 14, 2016 6:04 am

Much respect, I've always loved Rosicky
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun May 15, 2016 4:22 am

Wneger
I believe there is something special in the team on the mentality front and there is something happening inside the club that is very positive.
'We could not get that completely into materialising into success this season. But there is something happening inside the club that is very positive and a very healthy mentality.
Laughing

'We all want to win, but then we have to add what we missed this season and analyse what we missed. And I have said many times we did not score enough goals as a team to win the championship.'

Says the man who said we dont need striker Arsenal has 4 world class strikers. Laughing Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 15, 2016 2:03 pm

No Rosicky in the squad Sad

No Walcott in the squad either hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Walcott can pls go to West Ham

Rosicky Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 15, 2016 2:07 pm

What formation is this?

Wilshere RW or Ozil lol?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Wilshere RW with Coqzorla? That was among the better football we played in the early part of this season, iirc?

Was tempted to watch the game at least for Rosicky - you know how much I love that guy. Now I am even more ambivalent. Lol

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Mikel Arteta says “it was a dream” to join Arsenal.

The Gunners skipper has made 149 appearances since joining from Everton in 2011, but will not renew his playing contract in north London at the end of this season.
Arteta has helped Arsenal win two FA Cups during his time at the club and says he will look back on a “spectacular experience”.

“I would just like to thank you all so much for the way in which you’ve supported me during my time here,” Arteta wrote in his final Arsenal captain’s notes. “It’s been a huge honour, a privilege, and I can only promise that I’ve done my best.
“I tried to behave in the most professional way and maximise the resources we have. I’m at peace with that. Our ambition this season was to win the Premier League and we’re so disappointed that we came short with that aim, because it’s not good enough for this club.
“But I’ll always be proud that I was able to help give the fans some trophies, which they had been waiting for a long time for.
“Winning two FA Cups in a row was special but for me, it’s not enough for a club like this. It shouldn’t be the ambition.
“Hopefully the new generation will be better than us and will become fantastic leaders and heroes here.
“I’ve enjoyed every minute. For me it was a dream to come here because I always admired this club."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Molenation

I'm gonna miss his lego hair.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 15, 2016 2:31 pm

At the end of his notes, Arteta said his next step is to think about what to do; that he has options open and is very excited about what's to come.

Sounds like he's off to City tbh.

Also Rosicky will be presented with a silver canon in honour of his decade at the club.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 15, 2016 2:50 pm

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/731843693594836992

Wenger said Cazorla starts alongside Coquelin. So Wilshere wide.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 15, 2016 2:53 pm

final day stream hunting Molenation

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 15, 2016 4:55 pm

It's happened again rofl

Dying over here.

Also Arteta in tears as he leaves the pitch. Sad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 15, 2016 4:57 pm

2nd LFMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LADSSSSSS

Arteta :bow: Sad https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/731875715319091205

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 15, 2016 4:59 pm

LOOOOOL!

IDGAF what anyone says, that's an Arteta goal forever.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun May 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Arteta Sad

Gracias por todo senor,

The guy held the midfield together when Cesc and Nasri left, his contribution was not always appreciated. I hope he comes back and works for us.

Good ending to a crap season, Spurs providing the banter as usual Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Arteta's farewell suggests he's not staying with us Sad

Players gave guard of honour for Rosicky. All wearing Rosicky 7 shirts.

Genuinely emotional atm.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next