Die Borussen
Kaladin
S
63 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Upcoming Stadium projects Empty Upcoming Stadium projects

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:23 am

Roma have unveiled plans for their new 60,000-seater arena in 2016-17, “a stadium that will be second to none.”

President James Pallotta led the presentation at the team’s winter training camp in Florida, declaring the arena will be built in the Tor di Valle area of the city.

“This is an incredibly exciting day for all of us here and hopefully for all of Rome and all Roma fans around the world,” said President Pallotta.

“This announcement today has been part of our original plan for AS Roma to be a championship-calibre team for the foreseeable future. Rome deserves it. We hope Francesco Totti can score the first goal there!”

CEO Italo Zanzi added more details on the arena. “We anticipate the capacity to be around 55,000-60,000 – enough to host the Champions League final while maintaining an intimate feel and offering the fans a special experience. We also want to stress that it will be privately financed and based on current legislation.”

Roma also announced a seven-year deal with Disney to sell its merchandise in their stores and help young players to train in its scouting camps.

“On behalf of the city of Rome, I thank those who allowed the realisation of a dream that Roma fans have had for a long time,” added captain Totti.

“Our supporters deserve their own stadium, entirely red and yellow.”

http://football-italia.net/28926/new-roma-stadium-2016

cheers

Last edited by Surag on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 am; edited 3 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Stadium projects Empty Re: Upcoming Stadium projects

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 am

First Juve, then Udinese and now Roma, i just hope we can follow the same path for the sake of Serie A
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:28 am

what do you need the new stadium for if you dont have the fans

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagi Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:30 am

El Shaarawy wrote:First Juve, then Udinese and now Roma, i just hope we can follow the same path for the sake of Serie A

San Siro is one of the greatest stadiums in Europe, AC Milan deserves it.

By the way, I don't know what you want, but Napoli doesn't need a new stadium. Smile
Hagi
Hagi
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 am

Idiot wrote:what do you need the new stadium for if you dont have the fans

With an average attendance of 35k despite that stupid running track which has caused poor visibility for the spectators.

And with a population of 2.7 million people within the city..No fans indeed.

Gotta say your living up to your username mate Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:35 am

Hagi wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:First Juve, then Udinese and now Roma, i just hope we can follow the same path for the sake of Serie A

San Siro is one of the greatest stadiums in Europe, AC Milan deserves it.

By the way, I don't know what you want, but Napoli doesn't need a new stadium. Smile

The problem is the municipility of Milan strapped a huge price tag on the stadium and we're basically renting it along with Inter. Believe me i want the San Siro as much as the next guy, but buying it out will kill our finance.

The Paolo Maldini Stadium hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagi Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:40 am

That's an awkard situation. What a Face
Hagi
Hagi
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:42 am

- Will significantly increase revenue.

- Will increase attendance.

Roma's attendance is good anyway, 35k isn't bad.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:49 am

7amood11 wrote:

- Will significantly increase revenue.

- Will increase attendance.

Roma's attendance is good anyway, 35k isn't bad.
Indeed..The big Italian teams are basically living off TV Money..

Imagine Roma earning a matchday revenue of 50-60m along with the massive chunk of TV money they receive every season.That would enable them to compete on the transfer market with other big teams and hence inturn ,would enable them to compete on the sporting front as well in terms of titles/Championships.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Those pics are awesome, am rooting for Roma these days anyways so if they get more revenue and become more competitive financially then its all good in my eyes.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 pm

Half empty cavernous stadiums isn't good for the league and building these modern stadia is what everyone should be doing. It's part of the reason the league is on the decline and to the outside world looks like it's stuck in the past. But the design isn't really good, quite ordinary.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Wait sorry :facepalm:

Thats the old stadium project.

The new stadium apparently will be modelled on Houston's reliant stadium.

asroma_uk forzaroma.info - Roma's stadium plans are rumoured to be inspired by Houston's Reliant Stadium, which cost $352m

Something like this
Spoiler:

Sorry for the mistake once again.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 pm

So i believe the design of the new stadium hasnt been laid out yet but they've just picked the location of the new stadium.

Also the total costs involving the construction of the stadium is estimated to be around €200m reportedly.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 pm

i dont follow roma tbh but the few times ive seen them their stadium was more than half empty
never seen it full crowded or something

although most if not all serie a stadiums tend to have such low attendances so it doesnt surprise me silent

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Idiot wrote:i dont follow roma tbh but the few times ive seen them their stadium was more than half empty

although most if not all serie a stadiums tend to have such low attendances so it doesnt surprise me silent

Then why do you feel qualified to make assumptions about a club you don't even watch regularly?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 pm

Idiot wrote:i dont follow roma tbh but the few times ive seen them their stadium was more than half empty

Common man ,look how far the stands are from the pitch which would obviously lead to poor visibility for the spectators.This is one of the problems Juventus faced prior to playing in the new stadium.If you look at Juventus games now,the stadium is almost packed for each and every game.

But despite that Roma have a good average attendance and the stadium is almost full when Roma play against big teams.Besides Roma is very well supported club in the country as well as in the city itself with passionate sets of fans so come the time of the new stadium attendances will shoot up and there will packed houses for every game.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:35 pm

its not like i was wrong mclewis, average attendance 40 thousand or less in the last couple of years,
surag u bring a good point as yes the current stadium could be a reason for roma fans avoiding to visit although i find it not enough if correct

im certain it will be the same with the new stadium though and the capacity chosen for it, will be solely for the big games.
cute

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm

This is all great news for Serie A. I love how Serie A startsto develop slowly but still .. Great job
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 pm

60k is too big
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Idiot wrote:its not like i was wrong mclewis, average attendance 40 thousand or less in the last couple of years,
surag u bring a good point as yes the current stadium could be a reason for roma fans avoiding to visit although i find it not enough if correct

im certain it will be the same with the new stadium though and the capacity chosen for it, will be solely for the big games.
cute

Just stop talking about Roma. You know nothing about this club, its fans or its stadia.

Unless you can back of your assertions with actual sources and facts, I will consider anything else you spew in this thread as trolling and you will be punished accordingly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Idiot wrote:its not like i was wrong mclewis, average attendance 40 thousand or less in the last couple of years,

cute

-Having their own stadium ,there will be a sense of pride amongst Roma fans.

-Juventus after moving into the new stadium have had the attendances increase dramatically as opposed to a few years ago.Juve had 30,000 average attendance when they were playing in the Old 67,000 seater Delle Alpi and if you compare it to the new stadium,Juventus stadium has an average of attendance of 37,000 in a 41,000 seater stadium ,that says a lot.

-I think the capacity chosen is fair considering Rome has a population of 2.7 million people(whereas Turin on other hand has a population of 800,000 people),it definitely is more supported than Lazio in the city.In 09-10 season when Roma were battling for the scudetto ,they recorded high attendances for each and every game , who is to say they wont with their new stadium especially considering this is an ever improving Roma side who aim to win the Scudetto in the coming years.Besides that Roma play wonderful football and i'm sure the Roma owners will try to provide the best of facilities from a spectator perspective to make sure he/she have a great experience at the stadium.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 pm

freedom of speech they said

dear admin i may even know roma more than you do, just cause i dont watch the team visually and weekly doesnt mean i dont know anything about them
as far as i know its a fact that roma's stadium is half emtpy most of the times, so yeah my assumption is based on something

feel free to reduce my warning level though, no worries

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 pm

The key is going to be how much ticket prices increase as a result of a new stadium... that's always the fear. With all the new stadiums in Ligue 1 (10 of them underway), everyone is holding their breath on this issue.

Sponsorship will be the key so that the fans don't carry too much of the burden.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 pm

The majority of Italian stadiums are rented from or co-owned with municipalities or other organizations. A lot of the ticket revenue collected by the clubs go to these municipalities.

When this stadium finally opens, ALL of the ticket revenue goes to the club, which increases the club's total revenue significantly. It might also motivate fans to attend matches knowing that the money they're spending is going to the club and nowhere else. Also, the fact that this stadium is brand-new, with new and modern facilities and no running track around will definitely attract many more fans, the same way it did with Juventus.

Edit: Also, what Surag said, about the increased sense of pride and Rome's population in comparison with Turin's.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 pm

Surag wrote:

cute

-Having their own stadium ,there will be a sense of pride amongst Roma fans.

-Juventus after moving into the new stadium have had the attendances increase dramatically as opposed to a few years ago.Juve had 30,000 average attendance when they were playing in the Old 67,000 seater Delle Alpi and if you compare it to the new stadium,Juventus stadium has an average of attendance of 37,000 in a 41,000 seater stadium ,that says a lot.

-I think the capacity chosen is fair considering Rome has a population of 2.7 million people(whereas Turin on other hand has a population of 800,000 people),it definitely is more supported than Lazio in the city.In 09-10 season when Roma were battling for the scudetto ,they recorded high attendances for each and every game , who is to say they wont with their new stadium especially considering this is an ever improving Roma side who aim to win the Scudetto in the coming years.Besides that Roma play wonderful football and i'm sure the Roma owners will try to provide the best of facilities from a spectator perspective to make sure he/she have a great experience at the stadium.
and again fair points all of them although you mention both places population number as if the 1 million+ people rome has compared to turin contributed anything plus in roma's current stadium attendance all these years,
yes the new stadium will bring more people, but i dont think it will bring as many as the given capacity of 60.000, at least not weekly

it will be plus couple of thousand, just like juve

nothing wrong with it since the stadium can be sold out in the big games

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next