halamadrid2
terrance511
Onyx
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga Empty Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Good backup for Modric, signed a 6 year contract.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2015/08/official-announcement-mateo-kova%C4%8Di%C4%87

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga Empty Re: Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga

Post by terrance511 Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:25 pm

what's the fees? 30+5m ?

anyway, good addition, banana
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Yeh reading €35m on a lot of sites. Not bad imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Not a bad buy considering we wasted 30 million on a pointless buy this winter. At least we got our priorities straighy for a change. Now hopefully we sell the useless Crooktrao and buy a lb possibly highjacking Sandro from Juve and if they want we could give them Danilo who was unnecessary anyways. Wouldn't mind Llorente either and for the love of God don't overspend on DDG, we are not desperate

Benitez has all the players now, not a single player we wished to have hasn't come, not even Carlo's non rotation and playing players out of position can screw this up. Benitez better deliver with results
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Rafa better deliver along with the players. Particularly the Welshman, the fans would not tolerate that donkey crap he served up last season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:19 pm

After Contreao for 30+ millions , illara 30+ millions here is the new 30+ millions buy of the year . Never 2 without 3 ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Will be a huge waste of talent if he goes just to warm the bench

Also the fee is pretty good for today's market
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Modric is constantly injured though and was during the preseason so Kovacic will get plenty of time. He is too raw to start games for us yet he is no Veratti but if given the chance I think he can continue developing. I like how Benitez has treated Jese this preseason and his confidence in him especially now with Benzemas injury. No reason why Kovacic won't be given chances imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Modric is not consistently injuried, I might be wrong but I checked and over the last 3 seasons he played 33-34-16 games. Last season he was injuried for a long time otherwise he didn't miss a lot of games overall. Good luck to this guy Kovacic tho. RM is not an easy place.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:06 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Not a bad buy considering we wasted 30 million on a pointless buy this winter. At least we got our priorities straighy for a change. Now hopefully we sell the useless Crooktrao and buy a lb possibly highjacking Sandro from Juve and if they want we could give them Danilo who was unnecessary anyways. Wouldn't mind Llorente either and for the love of God don't overspend on DDG, we are not desperate

Benitez has all the players now, not a single player we wished to have hasn't come, not even Carlo's non rotation and playing players out of position can screw this up. Benitez better deliver with results

llorente lol. should have just kept chicharito then.

how was danilo unnecessary? Madrid needed another right back. Im surprised that a centre back wasn't signed.

I remember nacho getting run over versus atleti. the defense needed reinforcements not the attack. arbleoa and nacho cant cut it.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Our whole team was run over against Atleti. Nacho wasn't even the worst defender on the pitch. lol at singling Nacho out

Llorente brings something none of our forwards have so it'd be good to have him against certain teams that our other forwards can't deal with *cough" Atleti *cough*

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Sad
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Why are you sad we finally bought Kovacic from them Serie Z scrubs. You should be happy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Cyborg wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Not a bad buy considering we wasted 30 million on a pointless buy this winter. At least we got our priorities straighy for a change. Now hopefully we sell the useless Crooktrao and buy a lb possibly highjacking Sandro from Juve and if they want we could give them Danilo who was unnecessary anyways. Wouldn't mind Llorente either and for the love of God don't overspend on DDG, we are not desperate

how was danilo unnecessary? Madrid needed another right back. Im surprised that a centre back wasn't signed.

I remember nacho getting run over versus atleti. the defense needed reinforcements not the attack. arbleoa and nacho cant cut it.

Pepe , Ramos and arane is enough for one more year at least.
Is danilo better than Carvajal ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Yes I feel as you when Di Maria signed with Manchester United. So extremely glad hmm

Anyway , I hope he will perform greatly for you.
Real Madrid is probably the most difficult place in the world. but anyway Inter is very hard too (probably the hardest in Italy) . Used to pressure.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 pm

these days i'm skeptical about every signing we make, especially if the signings not a big name or isn't one of florentino's pets (this was definitely a rafa signing). I'm not skeptical about their talent, quite the contrary, i think they can thrive in the right system and with the right manager willing to take risks (ofcourse such risks comes with impatience from fans if they make one little error)

what i'm skeptical about is whether politics won't play a role in hampering their development. we always here whispers on how "player x has to start", "we mustn't sign a certain player so he doesn't outshine player y and player y remains happy". there are so many players in our squad, who have to play regardless of form, that's not a problem, the problem is, they have to play but don't have a standout position....the msn in barcelona for instance, they have to play but the positions they have to play in are set.....

with us, irrespective of form, cristiano has to play (well his numbers make it hard to dispute), benzema has to play, bale has to play but we don't know where his position is; james has to play, but he too hasn't been provided with a permanent position (he's not a central midfielder, nor a right winger), kroos and modric have to play, but neither are defensive mids....

all the above affect youngsters coming in; lack of structure, youngsters being played out of position (already i hear kovacic has been tried in multiple positions both at inter and croatia), and "all players being equal....but some more equal than others, irrespective of form"

he's signed a six year deal, which means he should be around for the long haul right? sergio canales signed a 6 year deal, illaramendi signed a six year deal(cost 30 million) lucas silva signed a 5 and a half year deal...my point is, the guy will have to play his heart, mind, body and soul out anytime he's brought in games; not only to fight for a place (his aim should be to dethrone modric, so should our other subs), but remain at the club......if not, when a shiny new central midfield toy arrives on the market next year, guess who florentino's going to use as a bargaining chip to drive down the price? the iscos, kovacics, jeses, casemiros, etc....that's if he doesn't sell one of the starters who may be important to the team

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:47 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Our whole team was run over against Atleti. Nacho wasn't even the worst defender on the pitch. lol at singling Nacho out

Llorente brings something none of our forwards have so it'd be good to have him against certain teams that our other forwards can't deal with *cough" Atleti *cough*

nacho is terrible, you cant disagree with that hala.

paritcularly that game vs atleti. he looked like a school boy defender and yes, he was the worst defender. but i agree, the entire team was bad during that game.

i understand that llorente brings something different, but is it quality?. does he have enough quality to make an impact at madrid. I doubt it.

if he doesn't come, this squad should still be able winning titles next season. this a a great squad.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:48 pm

oh come on now. Nacho is by no means terrible.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Cyborg wrote:

Pepe , Ramos and arane is enough for one more year at least.
Is danilo better than Carvajal ?

pepe is currently injured

varane always has niggles during the season

ramos is oft suspended

just saying.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Our whole team was run over against Atleti. Nacho wasn't even the worst defender on the pitch. lol at singling Nacho out

gotta love the hypocrisy the team plays for cr every game, but any team that beat us its the "forwards" fault, no its cr fault too and llorrente is meh, been meh for a long time now.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:43 am

Nacho is great as the 4th CB lol
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:16 pm

chad4401 wrote:
gotta love the hypocrisy the team plays for cr every game, but any team that beat us its the "forwards" fault, no its cr fault too and llorrente is meh, been meh for a long time now.

I'm pretty sure you also think Ronaldo is to blame for the Great Flood of Noah's time.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:43 am

Think we will be seeing a Kovacic - Casemiro partnership for CDR?

I'm glad we have these two I actually feel confident in our back ups for our mid
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:23 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
chad4401 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you also think Ronaldo is to blame for the Great Flood of Noah's time.

if coming second to messi can produce that many tears, then yes i would Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:54 am

So how is he doing so far?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor