buddytaller
Vibe
Freeza
EarlyPrototype
ÖMARz
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Higuain firing on all cylinders - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain firing on all cylinders

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 am

Wanna take a bet he's gonna miss his PK?

Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Higuain firing on all cylinders - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain firing on all cylinders

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:46 am

Well why not Smile
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:46 am

already imagining the trollfest if messi is to miss.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:46 am

HIguain didnt do good tonight, his goal is a meager consolation prize, he missed way too many chances. it happens...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:53 am

Interesting predicament we got here. Higuain, despite being severely unfit did more than the supposed fitter and big game players in Tevez and Lavezzi in all their matches. However, dropping my obvious love for the player, he really didn't have a good game, had some chances that needed to be really put away.

So indeed, Vibe is correct, t'was not his best performance.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 am

Awesome Penalty by Higuain :coffee:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:58 am

The irony is that he missed,bumped back in by Muslera's back.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:58 am

VibeTribe wrote:Wanna take a bet he's gonna miss his PK?

Best penalty from both teams came from Higuain lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:59 am

lol higs pen was lucky
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:00 am

lol yeh I know I was joking.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:01 am

VibeTribe wrote:The irony is that he missed,bumped back in by Muslera's back.
it was all calculated :coffee: Very Happy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:02 am

Sorry guys,I felt like trolling but it was really not a great game.

His goal was pretty simple,however great movement to get into the chance.Rest of the game he was pretty horrible..
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:11 am

well tbh all of Argentina was horible in the latter part of the game
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 am

Higuain played like a striker today, could have done better with his finishing but his movement was impeccable today, the same couldn't be said about his future "replacement" at Madrid, Aguero was totally lost throughout the match.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:50 am

imo aside his goal, his movement was so good too. a constant threat for Urgays defenders.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:10 am

Meh, meh, meh... I'll leave it at that. Of course, Argentina was meh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:16 am

buddytaller wrote:Higuain played like a striker today, could have done better with his finishing but his movement was impeccable today, the same couldn't be said about his future "replacement" at Madrid, Aguero was totally lost throughout the match.
He's always positioning himself excellently. With experience he's only going to become better ... And he's still not fully fit from the back surgery.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 am

His problem was never placement... that's always been his strength. His issue is efficiency, especially in big moments. That reared it's ugly head last night again.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 am

sportsczy wrote:His problem was never placement... that's always been his strength. His issue is efficiency, especially in big moments. That reared it's ugly head last night again.

Agreed. His placement and movement doesn't matter if you aren't even efficient with it. And Higuain was not efficient that game.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:26 am

omarish wrote:
sportsczy wrote:His problem was never placement... that's always been his strength. His issue is efficiency, especially in big moments. That reared it's ugly head last night again.

Agreed. His placement and movement doesn't matter if you aren't even efficient with it. And Higuain was not efficient that game.
If he can regain his usual form he won't have any efficiency problems.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:31 am

Senor Penguin wrote:
omarish wrote:

His problem when he was in full form has always been efficiency and performance in big games/moments. If he can fix that, he's improved his previous full form. He also tends to disappear from games for large periods as he's completely reliant on service from teammates. He's not an individualist at all.

All strikers have weaknesses. These are his.

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:43 am

sportsczy wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
omarish wrote:

His problem when he was in full form has always been efficiency and performance in big games/moments. If he can fix that, he's improved his previous full form. He also tends to disappear from games for large periods as he's completely reliant on service from teammates. He's not an individualist at all.

I think the "big game" argument is overplayed. People always refer to the Lyon game in which we were eliminated and there were 2 chances that he spurned. The one where he rounded Lloris and hit the post with an empty net was just bad luck, and the other was a shot inside the penalty area that Lloris took superbly (I don't know why people blame him for this). Against Barca, Higuain has always played pretty decently. Not spectacular but decently. We also saw it in the semis of Champions League this season - had a goal annulled and in general played very well considering his return from a serious injury. Against Milan he scored one and had a header saved off the goal-line - another occasion of bad luck that he then also had a few games earlier against Auxerre.

The big game I remember most vividly where he was really crap was against Liverpool. I hardly remember him doing anything at all. He was also pretty bad against Germany with Argentina. But as I see it, he has improved with the more experience he has gained.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:45 am

Senor Penguin wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
omarish wrote:

I think the "big game" argument is overplayed. People always refer to the Lyon game in which we were eliminated and there were 2 chances that he spurned. The one where he rounded Lloris and hit the post with an empty net was just bad luck, and the other was a shot inside the penalty area that Lloris took superbly (I don't know why people blame him for this). Against Barca, Higuain has always played pretty decently. Not spectacular but decently. We also saw it in the semis of Champions League this season - had a goal annulled and in general played very well considering his return from a serious injury. Against Milan he scored one and had a header saved off the goal-line - another occasion of bad luck that he then also had a few games earlier against Auxerre.

The big game I remember most vividly where he was really crap was against Liverpool. I hardly remember him doing anything at all. He was also pretty bad against Germany with Argentina. But as I see it, he has improved with the more experience he has gained.

He does miss the best chances when it matters the most... His Europe statistics talks by themselves. 6 goals in total I think
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:05 am

omarish wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
omarish wrote:

He does miss the best chances when it matters the most... His Europe statistics talks by themselves. 6 goals in total I think
In those statistics we mostly have group games - we've played against teams that were arguably on par with or worse than Spanish teams (a few better, of course) and Higuain certainly has no problem scoring against Spanish teams. If you consider the way Raul and Van nistelrooy performed, I think Higuain did good for a 20 year old lad in Europe.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:18 am

Senor Penguin wrote:
omarish wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
omarish wrote:

In those statistics we mostly have group games - we've played against teams that were arguably on par with or worse than Spanish teams (a few better, of course) and Higuain certainly has no problem scoring against Spanish teams. If you consider the way Raul and Van nistelrooy performed, I think Higuain did good for a 20 year old lad in Europe.

But he didn't play regularly for Madrid until he was 21 and started when he turned 22... he has 2 goals in 14 games previous to last year in Europe and 2 goals in 4 games in pool play only this past season.

When it comes right down to it, he takes advantage of the mismatches against La Liga defenses who are in general less physical than the rest of Europe. In European play, you get bumped around and get pushed out of comfort zones a lot more... that's where he struggles. He doesn't have that extra creative flair to cope. When you miss a couple, you also get a bit of a mental problem.

He'll get there. But it is his weakness. La Liga officiating does not allow for the bumping that occurs everywhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:10 am

so what kind of health do you guys think higuain will come in at? 90 percent? 80?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next