windkick
billy_gr
jibers
Deja Vu
Donuts
guest_07
10 posters

Go down

barcelona 2nd best player in all time Empty barcelona 2nd best player in all time

Post by guest_07 Sun May 17, 2015 6:51 am

for me, messi already got the title "barcelona best player in all time" based on current time

how about barcelona 2nd best player or 3rd & so on

who is your pick & why

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

barcelona 2nd best player in all time Empty Re: barcelona 2nd best player in all time

Post by Donuts Sun May 17, 2015 6:57 am

Xavi
Iniesta

don't really need much explanation but in their prime they have done more for the club and their country than most players ever will.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

barcelona 2nd best player in all time Empty Re: barcelona 2nd best player in all time

Post by Deja Vu Sun May 17, 2015 7:21 am

I can't think of any player who had such a remarkable impact on the club in his debut season as Cruyff did. His performance that season did a lot for the spirit of the Catalans, especially after thrashing RM in the Bernabeu.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun May 17, 2015 7:41 am

i would put
1. messi
2. cruyff
3. xavi
4. ronaldinho

i for some reason thought we were talking about current active players Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun May 17, 2015 9:27 am

how about guardiola or m.laudrup?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun May 17, 2015 11:59 am

What do you mean by best player? What is the criteria?

Individual Ability? Impact on or off the pitch or both? Longevity?

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun May 17, 2015 12:36 pm

jibers wrote:What do you mean by best player? What is the criteria?

Individual Ability? Impact on or off the pitch or both? Longevity?

everything you mentioned can be considered, except off the pitch impact

football should be judge on the pitch only

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun May 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Xavi
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 18, 2015 12:04 am

Cruyff, Xavi then Ronaldinho
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 18, 2015 12:06 am

Messi
(:

Then Laudrup
(:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 18, 2015 8:18 am

In terms of legacy and greatness it got to be Xavi. He's the player with the most titles ever, most games played and the icon of our style.

In terms of sheer quality, Cruyff and Ronaldinho would be tied in second IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 18, 2015 8:19 am

Freeza wrote:Messi
(:

Then Laudrup
(:

Laudrup wasn't even the best player during the Dream Team. Whenever Cruyff had to choose between Romario, Koeman, Stoitchkov and Laudrup... Laudrup stayed in the bench.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 pm

He's just saying that because they're both Danish.

Between Cruyff and Xavi, with the later edging him just because of the sheer amount of titles as a player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon May 18, 2015 12:57 pm

free_cat wrote:
(:

Then Laudrup
(:

Laudrup wasn't even the best player during the Dream Team. Whenever Cruyff had to choose between Romario, Koeman, Stoitchkov and Laudrup... Laudrup stayed in the bench.

Sure,but that was after Romario came and after he had a falling out with Cruyff.
But before Romario,there was a time when he was truly the talisman of the team.That Dream Team reestablished us as a force in world football.Cruyff played a great role in our resurgence as a coach but as a player,Laudrup had a major role to play as well.There was a time when he was arguably the best player on the planet.Obviously,I have not watched all of his games back then.But I have seen enough and he was a magical player.The most creative and genius passer I have ever seen and there was nothing he couldnt do with a ball at his feet.As good as Koeman and Stoichkov were,Laudrup was a step up.From what I have seen,and reading the accounts of former players and coaches(including old man Johan himself), I feel you are severely underrating him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon May 18, 2015 1:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He's just saying that because they're both Danish.

Between Cruyff and Xavi, with the later edging him just because of the sheer amount of titles as a player.

Not entirely sure about Cruyff.Great player and he is the single biggest reason we are where we are as a club.But I dont think in his time with us as a player,he did enough to be named our second best player of all time.I think there are others who have done more for us on the pitch.Obviously, Cruyff didnt have nearly as good a team as some of the other mentioned players but nevertheless, titles need to be taken into consideration.
I think players like Kubala,Laudrup and Koeman from the Dream team,Rivaldo,Ronnie,Eto'o,Puyol,Alves,Xavi and Iniesta have arguably a stronger case for being our second best player of all time than Cruyff.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Ugh, how could I forget about Kubala! That being said, none of us have seen more than a few Kubala clips, so it's hard to say. But on contribution, importance and so on, Kubala should be up there with Xavi, Cruyff and Ronaldinho. I think Iniesta, Rivaldo, Puyol, Stoitchkov, Alves, etc, are a little behind them.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon May 18, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 18, 2015 2:22 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
free_cat wrote:
(:

Then Laudrup
(:

Sure,but that was after Romario came and after he had a falling out with Cruyff.
But before Romario,there was a time when he was truly the talisman of the team.That Dream Team reestablished us as a force in world football.Cruyff played a great role in our resurgence as a coach but as a player,Laudrup had a major role to play as well.There was a time when he was arguably the best player on the planet.Obviously,I have not watched all of his games back then.But I have seen enough and he was a magical player.The most creative and genius passer I have ever seen and there was nothing he couldnt do with a ball at his feet.As good as Koeman and Stoichkov were,Laudrup was a step up.From what I have seen,and reading the accounts of former players and coaches(including old man Johan himself), I feel you are severely underrating him.

Well, I did watch most games of Dream Team era (at least most of those who were on TV... in those days not every game was broadcasted incredibly). And Laudrup surely was the most talented player before Romario, but that doesn't make him a better player. Football isn't only about talent, and in everything else Sotitchkov was above him, with his hunger.

Off course I was only a kid then, but the kid in me will always have Stoitchkov above Laudrup.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down