Is Modric finally living up to his talent? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Is Modric finally living up to his talent?

4 posters

Go down

Is Modric finally living up to his talent? Empty Is Modric finally living up to his talent?

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Since his dinamo days, Modric always been a fantastic prospect. He was courted by few clubs in england but decided to go at spurs, supposedly for play time. He was a very good midfielder in england, very talented, but criticisim was always that he never quite lived up to his gifts in the most important moments, that he wasnt a difference maker in big games. Even his first year in madrid was complicated, juggling between CM and AM, but finally this year, Ancelotti has found him a role in its midfield. He had a fantastic la liga campaign, became pivotal to the way Real madrid plays, and his hustle and defending for his size and skill level is quite unique.

His talent, which we knew he always had was showing more and more, and even in big games. By no means has he been transcendental all season long, but in the second half of the year, we started seeing a Modric that figured how to become a key players in games like vs Bayern in CL semis, copa final vs Barca, and even CL final vs Atletico. So it's a fair question to ask to his detractors, has he turned a corner? since i am one of them, i positively think he has.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is Modric finally living up to his talent? Empty Re: Is Modric finally living up to his talent?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 27, 2014 2:19 pm

He wasn't great in the CL final tbh, Di Maria and Isco changed the game. Modric didn't do anything impactful.

I can only speak about the games i watched..
i.e. Two league Clasico's and two Atletico derbies.

But in those games i fail to see the improvement you speak of, fair play if he has though took him long enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Is Modric finally living up to his talent? Empty Re: Is Modric finally living up to his talent?

Post by Onyx Tue May 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Aren't there people right now saying he still isn't good enough? For those who said he wasn't good enough in the big games with Spurs, we'd have to watch every game to actually see whether he was or not. It's subjective. I mean Graeme Souness called him a borderline 5 a side player who doesn't assist, tackle or score. Except he does tackle, he does assist and it isn't his job to score.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 27, 2014 2:28 pm

MT knew it  :bow: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum