Art Morte
LeVersacci
M99
Zealous
Adit
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pass it to wings---------->Cross it to box - Page 2 Empty Re: Pass it to wings---------->Cross it to box

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:24 am

I don't see why scoring 2 goals is such a disgrace. It should almost always be enough... the issues for Man U are defense and injuries. Hard to settle into anything when you're leaking goals and can't settle on a starting XI.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Pass it to wings---------->Cross it to box - Page 2 Empty Re: Pass it to wings---------->Cross it to box

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 am

sportsczy wrote:I don't see why scoring 2 goals is such a disgrace.  It should almost always be enough...  the issues for Man U are defense and injuries.  Hard to settle into anything when you're leaking goals and can't settle on a starting XI.

It is is that they scored one of those goals off a deflected a shot, and didn't look like scoring at all with their only game plan involving crossing it to the box, 81 times.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Ten minute video of crosses :bow:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Dan Burn sticking the knife in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26120927

Fulham defender Dan Burn has likened defending against Manchester United to playing in the Conference.

Burn, 21, played 10 times in the division for Darlington in 2011 and helped Fulham field 81 crosses in their 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

"I've never headed that many balls since the Conference," said Burn. "We knew that was going to happen and I was happy for them to play like that."

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen said United's style was "straightforward".

United's 81 crosses broke a Premier League record that had stood since 2006, but only 18 found a player in red.

Darren Bent's injury-time header secured Fulham's first point in four matches but manager David Moyes defended his side's tactics, stating playing with width was "in United's genes".

"I'm six foot seven so it helps when dealing with those sort of balls," added Burn, who made 22 clearances in the match.

"Manchester United still have amazing players - on another day they could have scored more often but we defended really well."

Fulham sit bottom of the Premier League and host Liverpool on Wednesday while United travel to Arsenal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I don't see why scoring 2 goals is such a disgrace.  It should almost always be enough...  the issues for Man U are defense and injuries.  Hard to settle into anything when you're leaking goals and can't settle on a starting XI.

It is is that they scored one of those goals off a deflected a shot, and didn't look like scoring at all with their only game plan involving crossing it to the box, 81 times.
 It's always a good idea to cross... much better chance of success than trying to pound the middle because, if you miss, you can always get lucky with another player behind the one intended. Going down the middle... it's the keeper's ball of you miss your target. Much harder to clear a cross too from a defender's standpoint.  The problem is the accuracy of the crosses, the variety of crosses (there are 10 different ways of crossing the ball) and the presence in the box.  Like any play in footy, it comes down to details.  I personally see no problem with the tactic in itself.  The execution remained to be desired this time obviously.  Also, the deflection happened as a result of taking shots... so that's just part of the game.  There wouldn't be a deflection if pressure isn't put on.

Scoring 2 goals is nothing to be ashamed of.  Giving up 2 goals against a bad team is more of an embarrassment.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:52 pm

With a van Persie, Rooney, Januzaj, Mata front four you'd expect some creativity against a shat side like Fulham and less aimless crossing.

Shouldn't laugh tbh, we're absolutely conceding to one of these crosses on Wednesday.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Fußball wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:----------------------------------DDG------------------------------
Rafael-----------------------------------------------------------Evra
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Nani-----------------------------------------------------------Young
Mata---------------------------------------------------------Januzaj
Valencia-----------Rooney------Fellaini-------RVP-----------------

Too many players in the center. Need more width.

rofl

Yeah I think DDG is a waste of a position, need to replace him with Bebe
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:18 pm

That must have been torture to watch for United fans. This was by far the WORST defense in the league and their only possible strength being their aerial ability and Moyes' genius tactical plan is to go and play a crossing game at home Laughing

I don't know in what universe that makes any sense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:31 pm

All joking aside how if he even a manager, and a 'top' one at that?

Seriously if somebody can land the United job when all they do is put together shit training sessions and set up to play 1 dimensional football then I don't know why i'm not doing my coaching badges right now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:32 pm

but but Tom, Moyes is a winner. He has not won anything in his life yet is still a winner. The British press says so. How can you doubt that?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Sad I guess you're right

The good news is, United are lining up a double swoop for Vidal and Pogba. Allegedly 30M euros each so they won't need to bypass the midfield anymore.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:With a van Persie, Rooney, Januzaj, Mata front four you'd expect some creativity against a shat side like Fulham and less aimless crossing.

Shouldn't laugh tbh, we're absolutely conceding to one of these crosses on Wednesday.
 A cross can be just as effective as anything else...  Barca and Spain NT, when they're flying, go at it wide.  Bayern too obviously with Ribery and Robben. They just cross it on the ground to the pk spot or the edge of the box... rarely in the air.  Or they go wide and then cut back in.  31 shots in a game is a great number.  9 on target is poor as you need to be around 50%.  

The problem is... like you said... if the crossing is aimless as opposed to being well executed.

Not defending Moyes' way of doing it.  But i am a big proponent of attacking wide as a first option.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Pass it to wings---------->Cross it to box - Page 2 Moyes-utd-heat-map

Moysie Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:52 pm

This gets funnier and funnier. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:30 am

In the last two games Van Persie and Rooney have passed to each other just 8 times, 4 of them from kick off.

Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:33 am

i hope chicharito jumps ship soon.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:42 am

Busby Babe wrote:Pass it to wings---------->Cross it to box - Page 2 Moyes-utd-heat-map

Moysie Proud

please tell me that is real
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:44 am

So reading that Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs will all be leaving the team!

Hernandez is a great goal poacher, im sure he will be wanted by many clubs!

The downfall of Man U finally well and truly underway! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by anh165 Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Pass it to wings---------->Cross it to box - Page 2 Moyes-utd-heat-map

Moysie Proud

Good find.

Looks like the players are stuck in their starting line up positions under Moyes there.

anh165
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:26 pm

I'd still like to know what data/time frame this comparison is based on.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

More crosses than the Vatican.

St. Moyes  Proud 
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'd still like to know what data/time frame this comparison is based on.

SAF 2012/13 season
Moyes 2013/14 season (I think it's a month old)
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I'd still like to know what data/time frame this comparison is based on.

SAF 2012/13 season
Moyes 2013/14 season (I think it's a month old)

thank you, sir.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Zero wrote:More crosses than the Vatican.

St. Moyes  Proud 
More balls in the box than a pack of Christmas baubles :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:So reading that Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs will all be leaving the team!

Tbh their wages will be much better spent on their replacements.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Lex wrote:
Zero wrote:More crosses than the Vatican.

St. Moyes  Proud 
More balls in the box than a pack of Christmas baubles :bow:

rofl

Moyes telling Clevs to pass it sideways....to the wings.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next