Pip
halamadrid2
M99
Winter is Coming
terrance511
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Busquets: The referee did not do his job Empty Busquets: The referee did not do his job

Post by terrance511 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:13 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/12/01/4447967/busquets-the-referee-did-not-do-his-job?ICID=HP_HN_1

watcha think
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Busquets: The referee did not do his job Empty Re: Busquets: The referee did not do his job

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 am

He's just giving his opinion on this matter and is partially correct, but it doesn't matter as these calls happen sometimes. Neymar could've kept his footing and kept going forward.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Busquets: The referee did not do his job Empty Re: Busquets: The referee did not do his job

Post by M99 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 am

Who is the one with the tears now Laughing

Busquets Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:31 am

http://movil.as.com/noticia/futbol/busquets-siempre-pierden-usan-excusa/daspor/20131026dasnasftb_52/Tes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:31 am

Busquets: The referee did not do his job B615rkq

I assume that's the incident he is on about. Iturraspe wasn't the last man to me, but I doubt Balenziaga would have been close enough to Neymar to actually stop him from getting a shot off in time.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:11 am

By rule, to even be considered as "the last man", you need to have no other teammate on the same line or behind you... doesn't matter if he's on the other sideline and has no chance. Balenziaga was, by rule, the last man when the foul was committed. This is cut and dry. No grey area here.

Busquets needs to learn the rules.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:21 am

Neymar was poor that game. Not sure why didn't just run straight there, instead of cutting in. He wasn't the last man.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:By rule, to even be considered as "the last man", you need to have no other teammate on the same line or behind you... doesn't matter if he's on the other sideline and has no chance.  Balenziaga was, by rule, the last man when the foul was committed.  This is cut and dry.  No grey area here.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/28/law12-en.pdf
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Neymar was poor that game. Not sure why didn't just run straight there, instead of cutting in. He wasn't the last man.
He cut in because he was looking for that foul

if the guy focused on actually scoring instead of looking for penalties/red cards he wouldn't be this disappointing

Lets be real here. Neymar got into the defenders way and fell down because the defender was in such high velocity he couldn't stop just to give neymar that extra space. much like Ramires vs west brom I bet he was gutted it wasn't within the box because that would have been job well done for him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:24 pm

RG will love this imo hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 pm

If Neymar wouldn't have been going down under every contact before, and maybe tried to keep going for a few more meters in this scene, he would have either:
-managed to actually score
- or get a penalty/ a red card
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm

It depends on the country i guess. For example, in Spain, a hand ball is an auto yellow and it's not like that anywhere else. I know in France that, in order to get the last man type call, you need to literally be the last man on your defensive line. You get a yellow if you're not that last man and you make a play for the ball despite being an obvious scoring opportunity... if you are the last man, it's an auto red card regardless of intent. It's very black and white here.

Maybe in Spain it's different. Don't know how the rule is interpreted there. If it's random then my bad...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Pretty sure a handball is not a straight yellow every time in spain, I have seen some handball not being awarded with a yellow this year. I just think some referees have a personal preference for awarding them tbh Laughing It's like they have some competition in giving the most yellows tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Busquets: The referee did not do his job Tumblr_mvcph7sX1C1snb3oxo1_500
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Freeza wrote:Pretty sure a handball is not a straight yellow every time in spain, I have seen some handball not being awarded with a yellow this year. I just think some referees have a personal preference for awarding them tbh :lol:It's like they have some competition in giving the most yellows tbh.
They changed the rule this season. Handball was automatic yellow last season. Not anymore.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Freeza wrote:Pretty sure a handball is not a straight yellow every time in spain, I have seen some handball not being awarded with a yellow this year. I just think some referees have a personal preference for awarding them tbh :lol:It's like they have some competition in giving the most yellows tbh.
That's the thing. FIFA rules aren't that detailed or clear tbh. A lot of leagues create additional interpretation that makes it clearer for the refs to call... so something that's black and white in one place, could be different in another depending on the interpretation applied.

So i take it back. I have no clear idea how things are called in Spain anyhow Laughing Seems fairly random.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:By rule, to even be considered as "the last man", you need to have no other teammate on the same line or behind you... doesn't matter if he's on the other sideline and has no chance.  Balenziaga was, by rule, the last man when the foul was committed.  This is cut and dry.  No grey area here.

You need to learn the rules to be honest. Last man is a straight red, but denying a clear chance with a foul is also a red, last man or not.

anyway, I agree that Busquets is crying and he shouldn't cry, because we lost deservedly, red card or not.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 pm

M99 wrote:Who is the one with the tears now Laughing

Busquets Proud
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:
 That's the thing.  FIFA rules aren't that detailed or clear tbh.  A lot of leagues create additional interpretation that makes it clearer for the refs to call...  so something that's black and white in one place, could be different in another depending on the interpretation applied.  

So i take it back.  I have no clear idea how things are called in Spain anyhow Laughing Seems fairly random.
Hand ball rule is pretty clear. In no circumstance is it a yellow. If it is intentional, it is a foul and a yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct or red for stopping a goalscoring opportunity. It's very clear, its interpretation on the other hand is very different.
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 pm

futbol wrote:
They changed the rule this season. Handball was automatic yellow last season. Not anymore.
Well that makes sense, it was an awful rule to begin with.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 pm

free_cat wrote:

You need to learn the rules to be honest. Last man is a straight red, but denying a clear chance with a foul is also a red, last man or not.

anyway, I agree that Busquets is crying and he shouldn't cry, because we lost deservedly, red card or not.
As i mentioned in subsequent posts that you obviously didn't read, that depends on the interpretation of each FA regarding the FIFA general rules. It's very clear in France and, since he's not the last man and there's clear intent on the ball, that's a yellow here. The first Cavani pk last night is a perfect example of it. The keeper got a yellow because there was a defender on his line and he had made a play on the ball... much clearer than Neymar's play tbh. Don't know how it's called in Spain.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

No one else feel that Busquets making the quote makes it seem like the Referee works for Barca? hmm 

"He didn't do his job, he's not getting his bonus this year"
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Honestly, it's a 50/50 call. It's so close that either yellow or red car wouldn't get too much argument from me... from a personal preference standpoint, if there's any doubt that it doesn't deserve a red, it should be a yellow. To me, red cards need to be indisputable because they have such a massive impact on the game.

In fact, i'd like there to be video review for red card decisions.... but with Platini, that will never happen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:http://movil.as.com/noticia/futbol/busquets-siempre-pierden-usan-excusa/daspor/20131026dasnasftb_52/Tes
doing it wrong

Busquets when madrid lose: " they always complain about the referee when they lose"

Busquets when barca lose: " the referee didnt do his job"

Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Dem tears Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next