McLewis
Kick
CBarca
zarola
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy! - Page 5 Empty Re: Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy!

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:34 pm

maybe just in Scandinavia is not used whatsapp tbh , going on whatsapp is one of the everyday actions hmm

Anyway happy anniversary to the GOAT forum Proud

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy! - Page 5 Empty Re: Happy 11th Anniversary GoalLegacy!

Post by M99 Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Robespierre wrote:maybe just in Scandinavia is not used whatsapp tbh , going on whatsapp is one of the everyday actions hmm

Its not used that much in the US either because all the contracts give you unlimited text messaging so people just use normal SMS.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:01 pm

And tons of FB messenger. Feel like I see people use that more than normal SMS tbh. Unless you have an iphone and imessage
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Robespierre wrote:maybe just in Scandinavia is not used whatsapp tbh , going on whatsapp is one of the everyday actions hmm

I have Whatsapp, but the majority of my contacts are non-Scandinavians. I don't think it's that popular or well-known here.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Forgot to bump this this year

But it has been 7 years now (and 3 months) with all of you Proud

Closing on decade. Won't take long till it's here with how fast time is going.

Well done comrades
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Smile

7 years, 3 months and no more Man United subforum. pale
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:02 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Smile

7 years, 3 months and no more Man United subforum. pale

says a lot about those many bandwagoning fake fans who were only their to claim the glory of the good times that I always knew most of them were Wink
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Not necessarily true. Some people just leave because they have other responsibilities to take care of and it has nothing to do with gloryhunting. That's life.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Not necessarily true. Some people just leave because they have other responsibilities to take care of and it has nothing to do with gloryhunting. That's life.

wasn't really talking about the United fans on this forum specifically, just their fans in general. Still though, I adamantly believe the dry years could have had an impact on the decrease in numbers.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:43 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Not necessarily true. Some people just leave because they have other responsibilities to take care of and it has nothing to do with gloryhunting. That's life.

:bow:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:21 am

RealGunner wrote:Forgot to bump this this year

But it has been 7 years now (and 3 months) with all of you Proud

Closing on decade. Won't take long till it's here with how fast time is going.

Well done comrades

Next month marks the 10 year anniversary for me, as a registered member + an additional 6 months or so as a lurker. Coincidentally, it’s also my birthday. Never thought I’d stick around for this long. I really miss the original, Goal.com forums, though. This place was so busy, back then.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

If we include Goal.com i'm currently on 8 years or something i think lol.

I know i joined in 2010.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:09 pm

I even remember my first post on goal.com, it made me the man I am today.

There was a Brazil game and Maicon came off bench to replace Dani Alves and I said he was MOTM and basically all hell broke loose on me, and it was at that very moment that I developed a defense mechanism where I trolled people and the rest is history.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Vibe wrote:I even remember my first post on goal.com, it made me the man I am today.

There was a Brazil game and Maicon came off bench to replace Dani Alves and I said he was MOTM and basically all hell broke loose on me, and it was at that very moment that I developed a defense mechanism where I trolled people and the rest is history.

I had a similar experience, back on the lithium forums I think it was, when there was a period where pretty much all serious discussions regarding football were de-railed by trolls. Haven’t felt like discussing football in depth on here since. It’s enough of a bother when people scrutinize my posts in the off-topic section, where I literally just copy/paste a headline for the sake of bumping a thread lol.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Joined in 2010,Spring towards the end of 09/10 season
initially started lurking cause Sam's match previews in Arsenal section were better than goal.com's

my first post IIRC i wanted Arsenal to sign Sebastien Frey and Gary Cahill eco smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Think I joined goal.com forum back in year 11 so around 2009. Basically know some of you for 10 years ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Lurked the last year of Goal.com forums like 2011 ish, then lurked GL for a year before joining in 2012
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 pm

was tired of the numpties on EA forums discussing real life football, so started to lurk the old goal forums in like 2010/2011 IIRC. Saw a bunch of Madrid fans and thought, christ, even bigger numpties over here! eventually found my way over to GL though. Honestly thought the forum would have died by now like a lot of others and sure the activity isn't huge but it's not bad. hoping we can keep it up for a couple more years at least.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:29 pm

i ended up here because i was banned from every other forum on the internet. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:Think I joined goal.com forum back in year 11 so around 2009. Basically know some of you for 10 years ffs

Same here, about exactly September 2009 for me, IIRC. (so 9 years back now. 9 the number of God Level, the epitome of the Universe. Ya'll have been good friends, indeed.). I was like 12 at the time Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Joined in December 2010

Made a post just before Juve - Man City Europa League game , disappeared and then came back around the summer fishing for news on the new stadium. Stuck around for a while and then eventually like everyone else , landed in this lost island known as Goallegacy.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 pm

I keep thinking this would be me every year but somehow i have still stuck around for so long.

There will be a point where all the active members around here would have their saturation point imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:31 pm

how can some people say they dont have time or are to busy to post. what on earth do they do in life where you dont have time to type a sentence. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:36 pm

Joined in November 2013
Of course it was a random thing, I remember I was googling something on Gerrard and Lampard and I got this forum.
I thought to log in also because I had the idea to write on a forum because I hadn't done for a while... and I wasn't satisfied about recent "experiences". So I tried. I found curious that it was full of ppl from everywhere( still one of most beautiful thing about GL). Moreover I had never written on an English forum... Curiosity moved me on it. I didn't think it would have lasted tbf
I remember RWO and McAgger welcomed me immediately.
The general hospitality was nice, and definitely this is crucial on every forum . First impressions are decisive. I remember to have left other forums because I felt "distrust" towards me. Never felt distrust here.
I remember my first avatar was Cabaye with French kit Laughing And my first thread was about  Leighton Baines.(very overhyped by me )  Laughing
Despite this, it was easy to chat with others and I never left this forum anymore.
It has also the merit to have improved my English language, and I'm serious.
When I got my B2 in English language I feel that that good writing text was also because of Goallegacy. By dint of writing and reading.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:06 am

Unique wrote:how can some people say they dont have time or are to busy to post. what on earth do they do in life where you dont have time to type a sentence. Laughing

There was a time when I was in college, where I really didn’t find the time to post more than a few times a week. I spent pretty much every minute of every day in class, in the gym, jogging outside, hanging out with friends/girlfriend, or playing sports.. and eating. I posted a few times before heading to bed, but I was usually so tired that I even skipper brushing my teeth. I don’t suppose everyone is that physically active during the day, but I can see how some people struggle to find time to post.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:how can some people say they dont have time or are to busy to post. what on earth do they do in life where you dont have time to type a sentence. Laughing

There was a time when I was in college, where I really didn’t find the time to post more than a few times a week. I spent pretty much every minute of every day in class, in the gym, jogging outside, hanging out with friends/girlfriend, or playing sports.. and eating. I posted a few times before heading to bed, but I was usually so tired that I even skipper brushing my teeth. I don’t suppose everyone is that physically active during the day, but I can see how some people struggle to find time to post.

This is basically what happens to me most of the time. I finished my studies, but now I will start working...when I'll find some energy to post, I'll do it. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next