pUsHa
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Watch dogs first week sale: PS4: 1.8mil XB1: 900k

201k ps4 sales & 52k XB1 this week.

Sony Shocked

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:03 pm

athletes rofl More like professional competitors... There's a difference
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:31 am

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rockstargames.com/
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:33 am

Also wanking at both Battlefield Hardline and COD Advanced Warfare or whatever its called. Love what EA(well, Visceral) and Activision have done by trying something new. I'm definitely getting BOTH.

And I that new AC Unity looks nice. Looks better than Black Flag.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:22 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Also wanking at both Battlefield Hardline and COD Advanced Warfare or whatever its called. Love what EA(well, Visceral) and Activision have done by trying something new. I'm definitely getting BOTH.

And I that new AC Unity looks nice. Looks better than Black Flag.

Black Flag was awesome man. I am unsure about Unity, reminding me too much about Assassin's Creed III.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Got nothing to play atm so going to GAME tomorrow and might get 4-5 old games which I haven't played

I guess everyone is going to insist on uncharted series?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Did you play Okami? If not then do so immediately.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Probably going to finish the uncharted Series too hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:45 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Did you play Okami? If not then do so immediately.

Was looking at it and FFX/X2 HD but they are both crazy price atm on PSN so will wait.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 pm

smh play Uncharted man
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:Got nothing to play atm so going to GAME tomorrow and might get 4-5 old games which I haven't played

said you would check out dark souls/demon's souls last year :facepalm:

you should check out journey hmm

think it's about a fiver on PSN, might not be your thing but you might appreciate it too.

Uncharted is a legit must. Shocked you never show an interest in it.

I've not played Uncharted 1 though, start with Uncharted 2 hmm

UC2 best game I played last gen easily
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:13 pm

also definitely buy this

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 39 Game-of-thrones-rpg-ps3-cover-1

jk it looks shocking Laughing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:15 pm

GoT has potential to be an amazing game adaptation one day, but it'll go the way of other tv show/movie games and be absolutely disgraceful because of scrub companies.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Disagree Walking Dead's video game was 10x better than the show.  :coffee: 
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Been playing Uncharted 1 recently its legit.

Uncharted 2 is the best though, found the exploration to combat ratio in Uncharted 3 a bit too heavy in the combat direction but its still one of best games on the PS3 IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Get a PS4 and FIFA so we can play clubs tomorrow before the WC. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Firenze wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Got nothing to play atm so going to GAME tomorrow and might get 4-5 old games which I haven't played

said you would check out dark souls/demon's souls last year :facepalm:

you should check out journey hmm

think it's about a fiver on PSN, might not be your thing but you might appreciate it too.

Uncharted is a legit must. Shocked you never show an interest in it.

I've not played Uncharted 1 though, start with Uncharted 2 hmm

UC2 best game I played last gen easily

Yea Dark Soul is on my list to get tomorrow. Along with few of the AC I haven't played.

I don't know why I never played Uncharted. The only reason I can think of is that when they were out, I was a massive CoD fan and played that game 24/7. Missed out on many other single players as well. I had Mt's shitty mentality of Multiplayer > Single campaign back in the days :facepalm:

Will look at Journey but I will most likely buy it when I buy Okami and FFX HD.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 pm

I got Dark Souls on my Xbox atm waiting to be played lol.

Got it for free as part of Xbox's PS+ rip off thingy.

I'll try and get through that and a few others before i get a ps4.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Journey's only about 90 mins long so keep that in mind if you think that's not worth whatever it costs now. It's basically the 5cm per second of videogames though RG so I think you'll like it.

Mole :bow:

Hope you do get into it, want to hear your thoughts. I quit it the first time I ever played it myself, once you get the game mechanics down it's GOAT action RPG.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:08 pm

If you are looking for older, cheaper games to play RG, then here are a few I suppose. The price differences may very though as I don't know how available some are in the UK, but for the most part they should be around the pound equivalent as they are here.

-Chrono Cross:Psone

Whether you download it on PSN, or even buy the original copy, won't cost anymore than 5 bucks and one of the best, most affordable RPGs out there. Most other games of its quality/age are super expensive these days. It isn't as good as chrono trigger, but what is honestly.. It is a fantastic RPG, the kind they just don't make these days anymore.

-Valkyria Chronicles: PS3

By far the most underrated PS3 game out there. A tactical third person RPG game set in an alternate WWI timeline, its gameplay, setting and theme are incredibly fun, and beautiful. Can dumb countless hours into this one and should only run you about 10-15$

-Persona 4: PS2/PSN

One of my personal favorite games of all time. Almost nothing matches this game, in my opinion. Everything about it is just purely awesome. The story, characters, setting, overall design will get you hooked and always leave you wanting more. The best RPG in decades, and while the PS2 copy should run for a bit more, it was released on PSN not to long ago for a reasonable price.

Shadow of the Colossus: PS2/PSN

The ps2 copies is affordable these days and the HD remaster is on psn for not too much money either. An absolute classic. A game that really just needs to be played, explaining it won't do it justice.

-Bayonetta: PS3/360/WiiU(soon atleast)

Hack and slash doesn't get any better than this game. The gameplay in Bayonetta is just a joy from start to finish. Most other games in the genre suffer from the feeling of getting repetitive, as you start to grow tired of disposing of enemies in the same ways over and over.. But not so with this game. It keeps you on the edge of your seat with serious high octain combat and really cool character design. Really affordable these days, shouldn't run more than 10$, recommend the 360 version.

-Catherine: PS3/360

One of the most original games of all time. A puzzle, social, horror game, from the makers of persona that is one of the most entertaining experiences in gaming. There is absolutely nothing like it, and is also something were telling you what it is like just won't do it justice, really just needs to be played. There is so much to love here. Wish more developers took risks as big as this game. SHould be able to get it for around 10-16 bucks.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks for the list Vendetta. Chrono Cross sounds like a FF-esque game so I will try that first. The reviews are unbelievably good with most 9s and 10s. I have heard of Chrono tiger but not Cross.

Always wanted to play Persona 4 since I saw the Anime but never got round it. If i have time then I'll try it.

Have already played Shadow of the Colossus on PS2. Was pretty good
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Firenze wrote:

Mole :bow:

Hope you do get into it, want to hear your thoughts. I quit it the first time I ever played it myself, once you get the game mechanics down it's GOAT action RPG.

So that's what people meant by "its hard" Laughing

Most RPGs or action adventures i ever played its about learning the mechanics of each fight to move on, so i don't think i'll have to big of a problem.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Vendetta, why didn't you tell me you played Persona 4 ffs :bow:

I even made a thread about it and no one replied hmm

Can't wait for Persona 5
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:35 am

RG my man since people have already recommended Uncharted, Journey and Dark Souls I recommend BioShock Infinite and the Mass Effect Triology.

BioShock Infinite is one of the best FPS of the last generation. The story, setting, them and characters are incredible and it has one of the most mindblowing and discussed endings in gaming history. Seriously people wrote dissertations interpreting the ending. The gameplay is sound as well, it combines shooting with powers like electrecity, levitation, fire etc. No recharging health or multiplayer (sorry MT Sad ) You don't need to play BioShock to play this. BioShock was great too but it came in 2007 and you might find it a bit backdated now, get that too if you don't mind 2007 graphics and gameplay.

Mass Effect is one of the best series of last gen and probably the best RPG series. The triology pack is the only way you can play the first Mass Effect on PS3 and imo that game is essential to experience the complete series. Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games I have ever played and Mass Effect 3 was carries the same standards though the ending is underwhelming. Should not miss out on this series at all.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Spoiler:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Hardline BETA seems fun from the short amount i've played it, I didn't play the last Battlefied so I don't know how it compares, I can imagine it's almost the same and this cops and robbers/heist stuff could have been DLC for it though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next