pUsHa
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 25 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:21 am

Would give anything for game companies to advertise like that nowadays. l know as a whole the game industry is as good as its ever been.. but Man ..some of the more intangible things about the industry as a whole..just seem to have lost their magic Sad

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by M99 Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
M99 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Those who have played WWE2K14 is it worth £19.99?

Because they are selling it for that on PSN right now till the 27th and i'm considering it hmm

I got it for free and had some fun with it. If you want to play 2 player or online then don't get it. The main fun is the 30 Years Of Wrestlemania mode which can be finished quickly and of course the random exhibition matches you will have. I say get it if you are not planning to buy anything else this month.

Went ahead and bought it   Laughing 

30 years of Wrestlemania is great fun so far, i just finished Diesel vs HBK.

Took me quite a bit to get used to the mechanics as its totally different to what i was used to on the PS2 lol.

For example i couldn't counter to save my life at first but now it feels a lot more fluid.

Is the online really that bad btw? even for like just 1 v 1s?

I don't like it as matches are always a reversal fest. Reversal after reversal. You can try it and see if you like it, ladder matches, extreme rules and steel cage matches can be fun.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Theif, and Lord of Shadows 2 both got released.

Well, the reviews are mostly right about them. Both are somehow mediocre, and I am upset about it because I was looking forward to both. Also, as a fan of LoS 1, I expected LoS 2 to at least be a passable game worth completing.

Thief might warrant a purchase though, because it is somehow unique in this crowded samey market, and from what I played, does have some high points.

Myself, I am sticking to my backlog and SNES games for now.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:20 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Would give anything for game companies to advertise like that nowadays. l know as a whole the game industry is as good as its ever been.. but Man ..some of the more intangible things about the industry as a whole..just seem to have lost their magic Sad

The same thing applies to the movie and music industry.. where's the charm/magic gone? Are they even trying anymore? Am I just being sentimental about it all because I was more impressionable when I was younger? I have a feeling that I'll become a grumpy man when I get old Razz I've noticed that, on the PS1 and PS2 there were tons of good games that weren't very popular, or had little to no media coverage, unlike today where there's a huge gap in quality between the popular titles and the less known ones. After the PS2 launched, my dad got me a few random games that were all mostly awesome. If I remember correctly, out of the games that I got, Tekken Tag Tournament was the only well known title. Nowadays, people are complaining about the XB1 and PS4 launch titles, because they're only anticipating the ones that have already been hyped up... and that pretty much covers every single launch title for the two consoles.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:36 pm

The Elder Scrolls Online will be having another beta weekend this weekend. I can post a few links from websites that are giving out keys if you guys want them. Make sure you start your launcher and update the game if you are already in!
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 pm

Vendetta and Thimmy the answer to that is MONEY.

Back in the day these mediums of entertainment where not as mainstream as they are today so instead of using cash to cut corners they actually spent time and effort to get as much quality from their product as possible.

Take music in games as an example and i believe Spencer discussed this in the SNES thread.

The reason why great music was more prevalent in those days was because the graphics were not as impressive so instead of eye candy it was the ear candy that was pushed as hard as possible.

Now they just don't bothere because they just use graphics to catch your attention.

There are exemptions like Nintendo games for example still have fantastic music but its a rare commodity these days sadly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Playing one of my all time favourite games atm

Spyro 2 Gateway to glimmer/Riptos rage

ffs Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:30 am

As long as we're on the topic of nostalgia and games...I remember this game being ridiculously awesome.

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 25 Gauntlet_Dark_Legacy_Coverart
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:36 am

shit dude i remember playing that game on the xbox original at my friends house Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:49 pm

M99 have you tried the streak mode Laughing

Its absolutely f*cking impossible.

Played him with Diesel.... Jacknifed through two tables, jacknifed him through an announcer table, repeatedly hit him with sledgehammer in the ribs about 15 times, repeatedly followed this method with chair and the ring bell.

Jacknifed him again, i proceed to pin him and he puts me in hells gate as i approach him lol.

I get out of it jacknife him again, proceed to pin him he grabs me by the throat and chokeslams me, then tombstones me for 123.

I gave up lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:38 pm

Lmaooooooo f*ck that
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:11 am

Streak mode Laughing

My friends say it it literally impossible unless you do it with someone 95 or above like Hogan, Cena, Rock. I tried but I got effed. Used SuperCena but the same thing happened. About 8 FUs later, counter, chokeslam, tombstone. Which is what will happen in real life in Wrestlemania 33 hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:30 am

try it with Bryan mole

running knee >
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Thief flopped. No games to buy in February. It's time to buy ICO Collection HD.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Firenze lmao rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Dk tropical Freeze is really awesome.

Super hard with some brilliant level design.

Great music too.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:12 pm

You played it VR?

Honestly DKC returns was the best 2D platformer I have played since the SNES era.

And honestly Tropical Freeze looks like it blows it out the water in every facet imaginable.

I already decided to buy a wii u on that and Mario Kart alone lol.

Still want to see a 3D Donkey Kong adventure but oh well it will do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:20 pm

My memories of DK64 Collectethon. ALL THOSE COLLECTIBLES
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Spencer Laughing

I know a lot of people don't like it because of all the collecting but it's for that reason I loved it so much lol as it kept me busy.

It really disappoints me that 15 years later no 3D DK game.

Hell it took them 11 years to bring out a proper DK game full stop lol.

If there's one thing that annoys me about Nintendo as a company, it's their tendency to let some of their franchises go to sleep as it were.

As an example its been like 10 years since an F Zero game lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:46 pm

Yeah just bought it the other day and it is awesome.

l was so disappointed when they announced it, because l was expecting Retro to have been making either Metroid Prime 4, or a new lP or something.. l really want Nintendo to get on making big budget, 3D games that push the tech they have.. but oh well..Now that lm over that l can enjoy the game for what it is.

While it is a 2D game, the graphics really seriously pop and there are brilliant fur and grass effects, with each level having some wonderful art design and nice parallax scrolling in the foreground and backgrounds. Haven't gotten too far into the game despite being around 5-6 hours in.. But thats how hard it is lol. Well atleast someone OCD like me trying to get as many collectables as l can the first time through. lts very challenging, but totally fair. Some reviews said the game was cheap but all that is hogwash. You are responsible every time you die. The game never deals a cheap unavoidable death.

the controls are similar to the first, but much better in that you don't have to shake the controller to role, which was sooo frustrating. l don't ever die now because l was trying to groundpound but rolled off the edge by accident for example.

l really like the partners and how different all their skill-sets are.. Makes how you go about playing a level totally different depending on how you choose.

The boss battles and level design are just soo creative. The minecart levels in this game  :bow: 

l wouldn''t say lt totally blows the original away, but it is a much better game. Everything about it is either marginally to vastly better than what the original offers. l doesn't do anything worse. Perfectly executed sequel.  

l have a wiiU and l really like it. lts totally worth a purchase even right now, but ld say to hold off on it till summer after e3. Mario kart and Bayonetta should be out around that time, with Smash Bros and some other great stuff coming soon after.  Thumbs up 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Yeah I was planning on getting it after May when Mario Kart comes out.

The only reason I wasn't that bothered about a new Metroid is because with Other M and the Prime Trilogy I'd argue it's not exactly a franchise which has been neglected recently.

Still want one made in the near future though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:50 pm

PlayStation 4 Outsells the Wii U Worldwide

Sony launched their 8th generation home console, the PlayStation 4 launched in North America on November 15 and November 29 in Europe. This is almost exactly one year after Nintendo launched their 8th generation home console, the Wii U. In just over three months the PlayStation 4 has topped Wii U worldwide sales to become the bestselling 8th generation home console.

The PlayStation 4 has managed 5,847,194 units as of the week ending February 22. The Wii U has managed to sell 5,765,484 units as of the same date. The PlayStation 4 launched in Japan this week with sales of 319,689, which is what helped it top the Wii U.

The PlayStation 4 has been selling out almost everywhere since it launched. When you align the launches with the Wii it has managed to sell one million more units in the first three months.

Sony Molenation
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:16 pm

So many people buying consoles based on hype and future promises. Laughing

Because they sure as hell are not buying it for the actual entertainment available to them.

Good for Sony though, if they can sell 5m consoles with no games imagine what they can do when get some actual bloody content. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:19 pm

Yeah i'll buy it when Destiny is out along with Infamous.

Watch Dogs should be out in Q3 hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm really only interested in Witcher 3 atm tbh the rest seem very blah if I'm honest.

A lot of Thief style games will come which get quite a bit of initial hype but fail to reach expectations.

Oh Order 1880 something as well looks good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 am

F off mole with signing in and out.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next