Die Borussen
VanDeezNuts
the xcx
izzy
Dnmac4
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Arsenal better without Jack Wilshire - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Arsenal better without Jack Wilshire

Post by futbol Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:17 am

He's trolling you because the player's name is Wilshere and not Wilshire. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is Arsenal better without Jack Wilshire - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Arsenal better without Jack Wilshire

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:07 am

RedOranje wrote:Honestly I couldn't say whether Arsenal are better with or without Jack Wilshire, as I've never seen them play with him in the side. What position does he play? How old is he? What's his nationality?
He's the best Jamaican LB in europe by far. Though sadly this latest injury may have been his last, he's 36 and might retire after the season. Will be tough to replace
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:35 am

Dnmac making a thread about Wilshere/Arsenal. Original.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:04 am

RealGunner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

ESPN

Is that an article, do you have a link?

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/1109?cc=5739

Why was this never responded to past this?

You want to talk about numbers...well now you have them. They don't support your argument.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:46 pm

CBarca wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Is that an article, do you have a link?

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/1109?cc=5739

Why was this never responded to past this?

You want to talk about numbers...well now you have them. They don't support your argument.

Actually the numbers are incorrect as that article was written in March. I don't know if you have noticed or not but it's April now.

2 weeks have gone by since the article and another 2 wins for the Gunner's w/o Wilshere in the EPL.

It also talks about win percentage and gives no credence to tie's or losses. I don't know if you have figured this out or not but you do get points for a tie. That has been in the rules for a long time, but I thought I would fill you in anyways.

Now it's 6 wins/13 games which = 6 wins, 6 draws 1 loss, which is a win percentage of 46%. They have only lost one EPL game when he doesn't play so they gained 24 points for a points per game average of 1.85 when he doesn't play.

Out of the 18 EPL games he's played he's won 10 lost 5 drawn 3 for an average points per game of 1.83.

So as you can see the numbers are horribly misleading.

Not to mention they don't take into account that every time Arsenal has been knocked out of a tournament he plays in that game except second leg of Bayern because the damage was done in the first game when Bayern wiped the floor with Arsenal in London not the second when Arsenal wiped the floor with Bayern W/O Wilshere.

So that's 3 more losses right there and 2 of those were terribly humiliating losses to Blackburn and Bradford City to knock them out of the FA cup and Carling cup.

So there you go, you wanted a response you got one. Sorry it wasn't the one you were looking for but maybe you should have looked at the numbers before you opened your mouth.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 pm

I noticed this trend of people accusing Arsenal fans of showing some sympathy towards Wilshere lately

one has to realise that Wilshere being a proper cockney will always be loved more

secondly, Wilshere does not show Arsenal in him, when he plays a bad game he compensates its with passion and legal thugness. that what we Gunners want to see

as for topic... stats in football are as useful as a Bible to a satanist
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Lol dnmac they still hardly support your argument.

Even with your new numbers and all your mathy math you took 10 minutes on, they're about the same statistically wise.

So...??????

Hey, you know what. How about we ask Wenger. I wonder what Wenger thinks. Cause when he's fit you know who plays?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:21 pm

CBarca wrote:Lol dnmac they still hardly support your argument.

Even with your new numbers and all your mathy math you took 10 minutes on, they're about the same statistically wise.

So...??????

Hey, you know what. How about we ask Wenger. I wonder what Wenger thinks. Cause when he's fit you know who plays?

See I'm old enough to have taken real Math courses so it didn't take me 10 minutes to do anything. But seeing as you're still a schoolboy I understand why you think simple math is so time consuming.

You asked for an answer and you got one, too bad it wasn't what you were looking for, and again the numbers only looked into EPL games not all the tournament games against those really hard and gritty lower division clubs he lost to like Bradford City and Blackburn.

And yea, lets ask Wenger because he doesn't play favorites, right? I mean have you seen the keepers he keeps faith in? Or the games Ramsey plays in that he shouldn't. That's a great idea as everyone knows he values certain players much higher then anyone else does.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Ok before I was just f*cking with you but now... you seriously think you know more than Wenger?

Honest question.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 pm

I dont think its as complex as made out.

Team, missing key players for long periods or not go through ups and downs in form, fitness and confidence through out the season.

When Arsenal werent winning, I dont think anyone was thinking it was Wilshere's fault.

To me, correlation isnt the same as causation.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3