Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'

+5
Adrian0911
Tomwin Lannister
marottalad
Juventude
DeviAngel
9 posters

Go down

Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'  Empty Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 pm

John Elkann, spoke at the National Automobile Museum to present an exhibition dedicated to his grandfather, the lawyer Agnelli, has closed its doors to the return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Juventus, aired in the last few days. "Ibra him regain? Ibrahimovic is the history of Juventus, but we are building for the future - said Elkann - And this team has proven to work well as a team and do not need a superstar"
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'  Empty Re: Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Juventus chief John Elkann has slammed the door on talk of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s return. “He is the past, this team doesn’t need superstars.”

The last few weeks have seen increased rumours of Ibra coming back to Turin, as he is unsettled at Paris Saint-Germain and ranted angrily at fans.

Bianconeri director Pavel Nedved opened the door to a return, but FIAT President Elkann slammed it shut again.

“The Swede is part of Juventus history,” said Elkann today. “However, this team doesn’t need superstars.

“The real strength of this Juventus is the team unit.”

Ibrahimovic left the Bianconeri in the summer of 2006 after their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal, joining arch rivals Inter.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'  Empty Re: Elkann : ' We don't need superstars. Ibrahimovic is the past, we look to the future'

Post by Juventude Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Sometimes, I wish Elkann would keep his mouth shut when it comes to Juve. He should just let Andrea Agnelli do most of the talking for the Agnelli family when it comes to Juve.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Juventus chief John Elkann has slammed the door on talk of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s return. “He is the past, this team doesn’t need superstars.”

The last few weeks have seen increased rumours of Ibra coming back to Turin, as he is unsettled at Paris Saint-Germain and ranted angrily at fans.

Bianconeri director Pavel Nedved opened the door to a return, but FIAT President Elkann slammed it shut again.

“The Swede is part of Juventus history,” said Elkann today. “However, this team doesn’t need superstars.

Ibrahimovic left the Bianconeri in the summer of 2006 after their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal, joining arch rivals Inter.

"this team doesn't need superstars" statements like that from the juventus hierachy scare the hell out of me. i thought we were supposed to strive for the top at Juve and do what ever it takes to get there. we only need 1 more superstar up front and were done for afew seasons. I thought we were juventus not the other black and white team siena
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 pm

marottalad wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Juventus chief John Elkann has slammed the door on talk of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s return. “He is the past, this team doesn’t need superstars.”

"this team doesn't need superstars" statements like that from the juventus hierachy scare the hell out of me. i thought we were supposed to strive for the top at Juve and do what ever it takes to get there. we only need 1 more superstar up front and were done for afew seasons. I thought we were juventus not the other black and white team siena

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Elkann has a tendency to say stupid things.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Juventude wrote:
marottalad wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Elkann has a tendency to say stupid things.

yeah and unfortunately he is on our board and would have a big say in things Evil or Very Mad
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Lapo is the boss of saying stupid things.

Remember when he said that he would invest crazy amount of money in Juve
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 pm

I'm sorry Elkann but that's very retarded.

You become recognised as a superstar by performing at an elite level, so in effect Elkann is saying we don't want elite players.

This is not Chievo Verona.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 am

i disagree with all of you guys.

i say elkann is actually sane enough to know Juve can't afford to spend the money intended for our star signing on a 32-year old lazy striker.
the part were he says juve don't need a star...that i agree is stupid. Wenger tried that and for 7 years failed to win anything by avoiding a big name transfer.

this year...winning the scudetto again, selling naming rights to the stadium and reaching at least the quarter finals in UCL will bring a unique chance for Juve to afford to spend a lot of cash on a player to make us on par with Barcelona, Real, Man Utd and Bayern.
wasting that on a striker that has 2 years left in his feet max is a Secco way of thinking.

maybe conte will handle him..maybe he will take a massive pay cut..maybe he won't ruin the dressing room atmosphere...maybe he won't be a bad influence on youngsters like Pogba (that's a lot of maybe's..and there a a lot more i'm not mentioning)..

...but sure as hell he won't run to help defense...or help marchisio and vidal get back the ball (and not necessarily because he's lazy..but his fuel is running out..he wasn't a hard working player even when he was younger) ..or sacrifice sitting on the bench for the good of the team and tactics..or youngsters...or even sacrifice scoring goals to make space for midfielders to score.
3-4 years ago Ibra...i would welcome...this one...i really pray..never.

we already got Llorente as ST...we keep Matri/Quags as alternatives and sign that damn SS we need....splash 30m for Jovetic/Sanchez/Isco/whatever big young talent is out there.
that's would be a smart investment.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:46 pm

If were gonna go for an SS, i say Suarez. 30 mil i think could get him. But Jovetic is a downgrade from an on-form Vucinic in my opinion so im not convinced on him. I dont think we really need an SS though. I think Vucinic and Giovinco are great, and then bring back Pasquato, sell one of Quags or Matri, and bring in depth. Right now Llorente is coming here to be a starter. If he does well then bring back Immobile to get some time here and there, if Llorente doesnt do well then we can look at a starting striker. But next season i think our starting strikers should be Vucinic-Llorente. We need depth at the striker position more than anything.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 pm

He is right about Ibra, wrong in everything else though.
Ibra wouldn't be a long term solution, he still got a few years ahead of him but I don't think he would be able to keep up his current form for more than 2 years, and his price and wages would be still extremely high.
Considering this, just buy Suarez and I'm happy Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Liverpool finally is building a team and I love watvinh them tbh I like them very much and I don't think that they'll make 10 steps backwards and sell Suarez
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Ibra definitely isn't a long-term solution, but for the right price he could be worth it. Maybe, I'm blinded by my love for Ibra. I want him back in the black and white. I'm still all for a Jovetic or Suarez signing, but you won't hear me complain if Ibra returns for a price around 15 million.

Also, I've never been a big Elkann fan. I know that he oversees Exor, so he basically oversees Juve, but, for some reason, he reminds me of the Secco and Blanc era. I think he influenced a lot of those horrible transfers and mismanagement of the club. Andrea Agnelli represents the rebirth of Juve. Whenever Elkaan speaks about the club, I just don't respect his opinion.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Buffon/Leali
Barzagli/Caceres - Bonucci/Marrone - Chiellini/Peluso
Lichsteiner/Isla - Vidal/Pogba - Pirlo/Poli - Marchisio/Marrone - Asamoah/De Ceglie
Llorente/Vucinic - (Suarez)(Jovetic)/Giovinco

pretty good. you need one SS/treq
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 am

Juventude wrote:Ibra definitely isn't a long-term solution, but for the right price he could be worth it. Maybe, I'm blinded by my love for Ibra. I want him back in the black and white. I'm still all for a Jovetic or Suarez signing, but you won't hear me complain if Ibra returns for a price around 15 million.

Also, I've never been a big Elkann fan. I know that he oversees Exor, so he basically oversees Juve, but, for some reason, he reminds me of the Secco and Blanc era. I think he influenced a lot of those horrible transfers and mismanagement of the club. Andrea Agnelli represents the rebirth of Juve. Whenever Elkaan speaks about the club, I just don't respect his opinion.

well ive always wanted to know why seeing as our owners are billionares why they can't give us a gift of a top name striker once in every blue moon it would be nice wouldn't it? Gianni Angelli would have. Not that I am complaining, I am just left dumbfounded by how we can have billionare owners but they don't seem to really give us transfer money the club runs itself in that sense as far as im awere
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:43 am

I agree in a way, I've always said to people who tell me we don't need to do what City and the rest do that I agree with them, but the difference is we only need to spend big on ONE single position. Not 5 or 6. Making a big one off transfer is not what the unbalanced clubs do, they make a ton of them.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:51 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:I agree in a way, I've always said to people who tell me we don't need to do what City and the rest do that I agree with them, but the difference is we only need to spend big on ONE single position. Not 5 or 6. Making a big one off transfer is not what the unbalanced clubs do, they make a ton of them.

excactly my train of thought im not greedy and expect a man city job from the club but just those 1 or 2 players thats gonna make the difference. it would probably bring us revenue because we would be cl title contendors for years to come. you haveto spend money to make money, but u don't need to spend hundreds of million just enough. plus when the starts start coming to juve it makes us a more attractive club to play for
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:54 am

Exactly, I love Marottas bargain deals which have propelled us to a level we've not witnessed as fans since 2005. However, we need that one name that we can rely upon upfront. And it needs to be a ss type player to fill the black whole Del Piero left behind him. Obviously we can't replace Il Capitano outright, but we need to do a good job of it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:01 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Exactly, I love Marottas bargain deals which have propelled us to a level we've not witnessed as fans since 2005. However, we need that one name that we can rely upon upfront. And it needs to be a ss type player to fill the black whole Del Piero left behind him. Obviously we can't replace Il Capitano outright, but we need to do a good job of it.

EXCACTLY which is why i posted the other day about marotta should be sacked if he can't deliver us that top player. yes i am grateful for what he has done but we need to go to the next level he should try and put pressure on the board to come up with funds( yes i no funds don't come out of thin air) but we are juve surely we can get a bank loan or something to get a player like suarez in
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Juventude wrote:Ibra definitely isn't a long-term solution, but for the right price he could be worth it. Maybe, I'm blinded by my love for Ibra. I want him back in the black and white. I'm still all for a Jovetic or Suarez signing, but you won't hear me complain if Ibra returns for a price around 15 million.
Don't forget the fact how much PSG paid for him, and he is carrying the whole team on his back, and PSG isn't and will not be in the need of selling Ibra in the near future. That's why I'm skeptic about Ibra, they will only sell him when he won't be playing like these days.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 pm

I totally agree with Elkann.

We dont need or want Ibra.

We sign stars and make them into superstars, hes not saying keep buying scrubs like matri, quags, gio.

I personally dont see us splashing 50 million for one striker like other clubs but rather 25-30 million for a star player like Jovetic and then making him into a huge superstar. lets be honest in todays day and age Suarez isnt going to leave for less than 40 million and players like that who already play for big teams will go for even more (unless real have a fire sale). But even if we unearth another gem like we did with Barzagli im not bothered. The price doesnt matter, only the perfomances.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum