Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:45 am

Same actors in different characters :bow: :bow:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

American Horror Story - Page 2 Empty Re: American Horror Story

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Latest episode of Season 6 was pretty damn good.

Watched it with the lights off last night. Had to watch Atlanta afterwards before I went to bed, otherwise...dem nightmares...
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:55 am

Around episode 6 in season 2. This is alot more darker and slow paced than season 1 but equally interesting.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:27 am

Finished Ayslum. And wow, it totally blew me away.

It's often difficult to like a sequel or a follow up after being invested with the original story before it. I loved Murder house and was a bit hesitant going into Asylum despite most of the actors returning from the first season. However not only I immensely enjoyed Asylum, but for me it surpassed Murder house overall as well. I thought Asylum had a better story, better acting and incredible amount of depth and complexity. It wasn't just a horror story but a lot more than that. When you look at each of the character and notice how layered they were and the story given to them individually, it becomes apparent what a brilliant job the show runners did to fit everything in 12 episodes.

HEAVY spoilers below

I am not sure if any of you who watched this felt this way but I actually got a bit depressed with the outcome of Briarcliffe. It was incredibly sad to see the journey of a place which was 'strict but manageable' turn into a complete disaster. Sister Jude was a tough character and often unfair but she controlled the place and made it somewhere where mentally ill people can actually live their lives in a humane manner. I hated Sister Jude initially and agreed with Lana that the Asylum was not a place with good condition but I am not sure I agree with that now. It was 1946 and things were very different back then obviously. Normally a viewer is biased towards the viewpoint of the protagonist but I don't really consider Lana as a protagonist but rather a false protagonist. In comparison Kit was the real protagonist and he realised towards the end how much Sister Jude mattered to that place and she was the absolute key in keeping that place running.

It's hard to judge the entire series of events subjectively though. But the thing which sticks out as a sore thumb is the melancholy of Briarcliffe. Sister Jude, Kit walker, Grace, Dr Arden, Sister Mary-Eunice, Pepper, Shelly, Father Howard and Lana all suffered from tragedy after tragedy and a place which started off full of character ended up in shambles. Some deserved I suppose. But it's equally difficult to assess each of the character's motives. As I said before, I hated Sister Judy initially but her redemption was beautiful and her phase during the latter stages of the season was upsetting. But she got a happy death and I never thought I'd be sad to see her die in the end. Jessica Lange is an incredible actress. The way she pulled it all off was phenomenal.

I thought Dr Arden's character was pretty complex. He was evil without a doubt but he also seeked something pure and wanted to work something which would be beneficial for the human race. Mad scientist? perhaps. But he was pretty rational. I didn't think he would commit suicide in the end. I didn't realise his fixation with finding purity was this deep. It was pretty shocking but sad at the same time.

I still don't know what to make of Lana. I wouldn't say I hated her character because she put out 2 psychopaths in the end but I hated how manipulative she was. It's justified though because being a lesbian during the 40s while also trying to be a strong woman in times where sexism was quite high, it did make her actions logical.

There were far too many themes in this season compared to the old one. Aliens, anti-christ, religion etc. I am not sure what exactly the Aliens achieved in the end but it looked like they were the oppositions to the devil but we never really saw that war. I loved Kit though. Perhaps the only white character in this season. It made sense aliens picked him. Absolutely loved how Kit went back for Sister Jude. He really cared.

I don't really know why I wrote this essay but just wanted to get it off my chest. I probably can write a lot more as well lol.

I really really loved this season. I will start season 3 tomorrow but I am worried I will be comparing every other season to this one. Not sure how they will hold up.

but for Asylum I really want to rate it 10/10 but I am sure there were faults which I overlooked. I want to know what others thought of it if any of you watched. Specially Mclewis.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:55 am

Season 3

Violet is back :bow: :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:02 am

Finished Season 3: Coven

Was good but not amazing. Nowhere near as good as Season 2 or 1. Bit of an underwhelming finale as well. First half was much better than the 2nd half for sure.

Now towards season 4 which is supposed to be the worst.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:32 am

I thought season 4 was probably the best at that point honestly. Only season 2 was better in my mind.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:19 pm

That's quite hopeful if you are saying it.

I also read that all seasons are connected apparently. I can't see how?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Holy shit

Tate/Kit Walker is quicksilver from X-Men :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

wtf
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm surprised you noticed tbh.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:15 pm

I didn't. I was wiki-ing the actor since I wanted to know his other works as he is a fantastic actor. Just found out there Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:49 pm

He's my pick for lead in a Kurt Cobain biopic.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2