Jonathan28
BarcaKizz
The Franchise
The Sanchez
messixaviesta
20 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Let's List Our Own Top Ten Of 2011-12 Empty Let's List Our Own Top Ten Of 2011-12

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:40 am

Since it's been asked for, here is the thread.

I am making these rankings really quickly without being able to think too much. This is just to get things going and I reserve the right to change them later. Smile

1. Cristiano Ronaldo
2. Lionel Messi
3. Andres Iniesta
4. Andrea Pirlo
5. Iker Casillas
6. Xavi
7. Mesut Ozil
8. Xabi Alonso / David Silva
9. Vincent Kompany / Sergio Ramos
10. Sergio Aguero / Didier Drogba / Zlatan Ibrahimovic / Radamel Falcao

Last edited by messixaviesta on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Let's List Our Own Top Ten Of 2011-12 Empty Re: Let's List Our Own Top Ten Of 2011-12

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:56 am

Please tell me how Ronaldo is in front of Messi... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Let's List Our Own Top Ten Of 2011-12 Empty Re: Let's List Our Own Top Ten Of 2011-12

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:24 am

paxtonpale wrote:Please tell me how Ronaldo is in front of Messi... :coffee:

I knew this question would be asked and was mentally preparing for it. It's even more difficult as a Barca fan. Given below is my point form analysis but please note that saying this obviously does not please me.

1. C.Ronaldo won La Liga while Messi lost it. He even scored what can be called the goal that won the league title.

2. Both didn't reach UCL final but while Real was edged out on penalties, Barca lost on a 3-2 aggregate. More importantly the crucial second leg decider against Chelsea was said to be Messi's career worst performance.

3. Messi obviously didn't play the Euro for no fault of his. So in such a scenario depending on how C.Ronaldo performed at the Euro he could have gone significantly ahead or behind Messi in the pecking order. If he had won the Euro and been MVP, he would be clearly ahead of Messi now. If he had crashed out in the group stage with big match flop performances he would probably be well below Messi. What happened was something in-between and perhaps we can say on the higher side. Portugal reached the semi finals and took Spain all the way up to penalties. Although C.Ronaldo didn't play great in that match, he did have two MOM performances leading to it and ultimately people will see it more as an over-achievement on his team's and his part rather than a disappointment.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:27 am

I thought you was just kidding around JD.

What the hell?

Cristiano isnt better than Iniesta, forget about Messi lol

Those reasons you named are TEAM oriented, not individual.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:58 am

Didn't expect this from you JD. Very interesting. First I'll look at your points. Then I'll try to come up with a 10.

messixaviesta wrote:

1. C.Ronaldo won La Liga while Messi lost it. He even scored what can be called the goal that won the league title.

Important... but not important enough to overlook the fact that Messi's season was individually better. Like Dani said, this is an individual award. At the end of the day Cristina won La Liga, but failed in other tournaments. Messi won quite a few trophies himself actually, don't forget that. Neither of them won the Euro or Champions League which is usually given so much weight.

2. Both didn't reach UCL final but while Real was edged out on penalties, Barca lost on a 3-2 aggregate. More importantly the crucial second leg decider against Chelsea was said to be Messi's career worst performance.

This is probably your worst argument. Messi was top scorer and had a bette UCL campaign than Cristiano anyway. He had one very bad game, but CR7 was also completely invisible against Bayern.

3. Messi obviously didn't play the Euro for no fault of his. So in such a scenario depending on how C.Ronaldo performed at the Euro he could have gone significantly ahead or behind Messi in the pecking order. If he had won the Euro and been MVP, he would be clearly ahead of Messi now. If he had crashed out in the group stage with big match flop performances he would probably be well below Messi. What happened was something in-between and perhaps we can say on the higher side. Portugal reached the semi finals and took Spain all the way up to penalties. Although C.Ronaldo didn't play great in that match, he did have two MOM performances leading to it and ultimately people will see it more as an over-achievement on his team's and his part rather than a disappointment.

CR probably had the most overhyped Euro of all. He had 3 bad games, one of them was utterly atrocious. His 'incredible game' came against a Dutch team which had to win big, and their defence was inexistent. Finally he wasn't even that great against the Czechs... It underlines the fact that he is nowhere near capable of carrying his team individually like Messi is.

Finally, well besides those points... just as said. To me its just so clear that Messi is better... I don't even see the need to argue it. Is Iniesta a better player? Maybe, but I guess CR had a better season.

Actually... I'll think about the top 10 and come back to you.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:13 am

Lets not pretend that trophies don't count when the Ballon D'Or winner is chosen. They always have been taken into account over individual seasons and will always will be. Last season we, no, I didn't, Barca fans slated Ronaldo for scoring meaningless goals after Madrid had been knocked out of every competition and only won the Copa, the very next season the same thing happens to us where Messi scores loads of goals but he only wins the Copa, now, the shoe is on the other foot so the logic changes. Ronaldo has performed better in the most important games of the season then Messi this season, don't dare deny it, we all know its true.

2nd leg of the Copa where he and Madrid destroyed us, Clasico in the Camp Nou where Xavi and Iniesta just happend to have their worst ever games in Barca shirts, he was also brilliant in the semi-finals against Bayern, just happened to miss a penalty which before I know someone brings up Messi missed a more important penalty against Chelsea which would have taken us through.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Lets not pretend that trophies don't count when the Ballon D'Or winner is chosen. They always have been taken into account over individual seasons and will always will be. Last season we, no, I didn't, Barca fans slated Ronaldo for scoring meaningless goals after Madrid had been knocked out of every competition and only won the Copa, the very next season the same thing happens to us where Messi scores loads of goals but he only wins the Copa, now, the shoe is on the other foot so the logic changes. Ronaldo has performed better in the most important games of the season then Messi this season, don't dare deny it, we all know its true.

2nd leg of the Copa where he and Madrid destroyed us, Clasico in the Camp Nou where Xavi and Iniesta just happend to have their worst ever games in Barca shirts, he was also brilliant in the semi-finals against Bayern, just happened to miss a penalty which before I know someone brings up Messi missed a more important penalty against Chelsea which would have taken us through.

This is what I think of your post :facepalm: I don't actually think you understand how he actually performed in that semi final.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 am

We already had a scandal where Messi won the FIFA Ballon D'Or over Snijder who played a very important role on helping Inter win the treble and Holland reach the World Cup final, in fact, it was discovered if the votin format had not been changed Snijder would have won. I'm all for Messi winning an individual award but please lets not suddenly change our tune on the importance of goals which led to only a Copa which people used to totally discredit Ronaldo and Madrid last season. It's hypocrisy and we are above that, credit where credits due. If goals were the sole deciding factor Gomez and Huntelaar should be in the top 5 this year,

My top 10 list

1. Ronaldo
2. Messi
3. Ibrahimovic(if anyone questions why I've put him 3rd you havent watched Milan this season)
4. Iniesta
5. Ozil
6. Pirlo
7. Xavi
8. Alonso
9. Casillas
10. Aguero
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:29 am

This is what? Is it a picture? I disabled images and videoson my phone to avoid seeing pointless gifs, videos or pictures which contribute nothing to discussion.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 am

Where to start. :facepalm:

Jonathan28 wrote:Lets not pretend that trophies don't count when the Ballon D'Or winner is chosen. They always have been taken into account over individual seasons and will always will be.
Trophies count, but it's not the only criteria, and certainly winning La Liga over Copa and three other trophies doesn't warrant you the Best player prize. If it was that, Torres or Mata would be shoe in this year. People have won Ballon d'Or without trophies, and will win it without trophies. It isn't a team prize, it's basically what you do during the season/ year.
Last season we, no, I didn't, Barca fans slated Ronaldo for scoring meaningless goals after Madrid had been knocked out of every competition and only won the Copa, the very next season the same thing happens to us where Messi scores loads of goals but he only wins the Copa, now, the shoe is on the other foot so the logic changes. Ronaldo has performed better in the most important games of the season then Messi this season, don't dare deny it, we all know its true.
Scoring meaningless goals? Laughing You're joking right? Who was it that scored and assisted so that Barca could be in the CL-semifinal in the first place? Whose goals and assists brought us 35 points in La Liga, compared to 25 of the other? And who actually carried Barca to the point, that it could fight till the end? Messi was individually better than Cronaldo in every competition he played.

2nd leg of the Copa where he and Madrid destroyed us, Clasico in the Camp Nou where Xavi and Iniesta just happend to have their worst ever games in Barca shirts, he was also brilliant in the semi-finals against Bayern, just happened to miss a penalty which before I know someone brings up Messi missed a more important penalty against Chelsea which would have taken us through
What on earth are you talking? Messi was better than him in Copa legs, both were influential in one goal in the last Clasico, and both missed crucial penalties in CL-SF? Who assisted Iniestas goal against Chelsea, and who gave Fabregas 1on1 chance in the 1st leg to but the tie into bed?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:06 am

Jonathan28 wrote:We already had a scandal where Messi won the FIFA Ballon D'Or over Snijder who played a very important role on helping Inter win the treble and Holland reach the World Cup final, in fact, it was discovered if the votin format had not been changed Snijder would have won.
It's isn't very important role in the winning team prize either. It's the best player of the season/year. You should try to understand the meaning of it really. Milito was chosen best player of CL and SerieA that season in Inter.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 am

Performance and trophies are the two thing that are looked at, Messi has performance, Torres has trophies, Ronaldo has both. Unlike the 2010 season which Snijder should have won, Messi did have both trophies and performance on his side so it was understandable.

I never said Messi scored meaningless goals, just that Ronaldos goals the season before which kept Madrid in touch with Barca in the league scored the winner in the Copa final and many Barca fans called them meaningless. The exact same thing happens the next season where Messi carries us like Ronaldo carried Madrid and suddenly the whole argument changes, thats hypocrisary and biaz and has no place in any place in any serious discussion, its utterly embarresing.

I'm sorry Messi was better on the 1st leg of the Copa, 2nd leg was all Ronaldo and Madrid, we were so lucky not be knocked out by the end of that game. Messi was pior in thw CL semifinals, the 2nd leg especially, Ronaldo performed better then him there.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:25 am

One thing you are right on is that its not all about goals. CR7 scored loads of goals too, but his overall game doesn't come close to Messi's... Every single poster on here will say that.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am

Isn't Ballon also take in account what happens on the pitch (both club and international) and also what happens off the field (dealing with media, scandals etc.)?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:38 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Performance and trophies are the two thing that are looked at, Messi has performance, Torres has trophies, Ronaldo has both. Unlike the 2010 season which Snijder should have won, Messi did have both trophies and performance on his side so it was understandable.
Performance > trophies. Again this isn't a team prize, nor is it the random player of the winning team prize. Do even understand the difference of individuality and team performance?

I never said Messi scored meaningless goals, just that Ronaldos goals the season before which kept Madrid in touch with Barca in the league scored the winner in the Copa final and many Barca fans called them meaningless.
And if Pedro would have been couple centimeters back, Barca would have won that title also:

Let's List Our Own Top Ten Of 2011-12 Di-GV52

The exact same thing happens the next season where Messi carries us like Ronaldo carried Madrid and suddenly the whole argument changes, thats hypocrisary and biaz and has no place in any place in any serious discussion, its utterly embarresing.
So I presume Cronaldo scored and assisted more last year? And won CL this year? Cronaldo carried Madrid nowhere near like Messi did this year. Comparing those seasons are truely idioticly moronic.

I'm sorry Messi was better on the 1st leg of the Copa, 2nd leg was all Ronaldo and Madrid, we were so lucky not be knocked out by the end of that game. Messi was pior in thw CL semifinals, the 2nd leg especially, Ronaldo performed better then him there.
So Cronaldo was better in one game? Must be Ballon d'Or material. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:Performance and trophies are the two thing that are looked at, Messi has performance, Torres has trophies, Ronaldo has both. Unlike the 2010 season which Snijder should have won, Messi did have both trophies and performance on his side so it was understandable.

I never said Messi scored meaningless goals, just that Ronaldos goals the season before which kept Madrid in touch with Barca in the league scored the winner in the Copa final and many Barca fans called them meaningless. The exact same thing happens the next season where Messi carries us like Ronaldo carried Madrid and suddenly the whole argument changes, thats hypocrisary and biaz and has no place in any place in any serious discussion, its utterly embarresing.

All you said is true to an extent.But I still dont agree that CR was better than Messi in the last Clasico or any Clasico for that matter.
Just answer one question.
Would Messi have been left completely unmarked and allowed to run through on goal one on one against Casillas?
When was the last time Messi was allowed such freedom?
Thats the difference between the 2.CR is left pretty much unmarked against us and we dont put 5 players on him everytime he touches the ball.
I dont need to tell you how many Madrid players converge on Messi everytime he touches the ball.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm

1) Messi
2) Iniesta/Ronaldo
3) Ronaldo/Iniesta
4) Xavi/Pirlo
5) Pirlo/Xavi
6) Ibrahimovic
7) Gomez
Cool Casillas
9) Falcao
10) Aguero
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:33 pm

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta
4. Pirlo
5. Xavi
6. Kompany
7. Casillas
8. Ramos
9. Ozil
10. Falcao

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Ok fine, from now on to get people off my back, I'm going to stop being my objective self and become as biased as most football fans(not all are biased).

1.Messi
2.Iniesta
3.Xavi
4.Busquets
5.Mascherano
6.Puyol
7.Pique
8.Sanchez
9.Valdes
10.Fabregas
98947281. Ronaldo

Happy now?
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

messixaviesta :facepalm:

now la liga defines ballon dor. messi destroyed madrid 5 times out of 6 matches, ronaldo did once. why all count that 1 match i dont know. also its proven fact that la liga won by whole madrid team, benzema has 32 goals 20 assists, higuain 25 goals, ozil has 25 assists. in barca after messi its fabregas with 15 goals. messi's season was best individual season by any player ever. he also won 4 titles that in 2 of them R.Madrid participated and lost to messi

worthless discussion and this jonathan28 guy is ready to jump on any bandwagon that downplays messi
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 pm

I find it odd that the argument used by the Messi haters is that the last clasico only mattered.. is that only because that's the only one Madrid won or what.. lol someone please enlighten me
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Downplay Messi.... :/

Just because I'm not a Messi fanboy doesn't mean I'm a Messi hater. The only players you could ever accuse me of downplaying their acheivements are the English.

Oh flower of Scotland, when will we see, your likes again!
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:Downplay Messi.... :/

Just because I'm not a Messi fanboy doesn't mean I'm a Messi hater. The only players you could ever accuse me of downplaying their acheivements are the English.

Oh flower of Scotland, when will we see, your likes again!
there are only few messi fanboys here, rest are neutrals. and they dont ask stupid questions like what messi did against chelsea, what he won for us and c.ronaldo was better than messi last season. show me any neutral here who said this. so stop saying you are not a messi fanboy or hater. you need just few posters like you to be hater you are on the way to become a successfull messi hater
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:Ok fine, from now on to get people off my back, I'm going to stop being my objective self and become as biased as most football fans(not all are biased).

1.Messi
2.Iniesta
3.Xavi
4.Busquets
5.Mascherano
6.Puyol
7.Pique
8.Sanchez
9.Valdes
10.Fabregas
98947281. Ronaldo

Happy now?

Jiopsi does not speak for all of us, he just speaks for himself.

Give or take a couple posters, the Barcelona section is probably the most intelligent section in GL, I wouldn't generalize us as you just have.

I'll post a top 10 later
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 pm

jiopsi is better poster than few boring posters here. without jiopsi barca section would have no GIFs and stats. also he is a fighter in general section who always defends barcelona and owns people with his weapon (gifs+stats). overall useful poster and needs some respect
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next