Error
the xcx
Onyx
Babun
Valkyrja
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA) - Page 3 Empty Re: Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA)

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
CBarca wrote:Modric would wreck La Liga, but I hope he stays at Tottenham. If he went to Madrid I would be one angry man.

i strongly disagree, Modric finds it hard to keep the ball against semi-decent midfielders in BPL, even the likes of Getafe and co have great midfielders with excellent pressing abilities and ball control, he would be a gold fish lost in an ocean if he were to come to LaLiga not to mention he would ruin his career because he will obviously not be picked after Mou realizes how bad he is

Modric himself didn't seem to have any problems keeping the ball from Alonso, Busquets, Xavi and co...a team made up of Real Madrid/Barcelona players. And this is also with the relatively average Croatian midfield that surrounded him.

Why would you implicate that he has problems against semi-decent BPL midfielders? Especially considering most people think his greatest flaw is that he doesn't show up in big games, not that he has troubles against semi-decent BPL midfielders. People know by now he has no troubles against them.

Modric is very technically gifted. I don't think he would have any trouble in La Liga. I think the Spain game was at least a small glimpse of that.

I do agree with Samourai though, I think Cazorla would be as good as an option as Modric. I don't think he's quite as good (though I've always been a fan of Cazorla, fantastic player), but he would be cheaper, and he's already La Liga proven. And I don't think you guys give Granero enough chances, he's also pretty good.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA) - Page 3 Empty Re: Modric joins Real Madrid (MARCA)

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:22 am

CBarca wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
CBarca wrote:Modric would wreck La Liga, but I hope he stays at Tottenham. If he went to Madrid I would be one angry man.

i strongly disagree, Modric finds it hard to keep the ball against semi-decent midfielders in BPL, even the likes of Getafe and co have great midfielders with excellent pressing abilities and ball control, he would be a gold fish lost in an ocean if he were to come to LaLiga not to mention he would ruin his career because he will obviously not be picked after Mou realizes how bad he is

Modric himself didn't seem to have any problems keeping the ball from Alonso, Busquets, Xavi and co...a team made up of Real Madrid/Barcelona players. And this is also with the relatively average Croatian midfield that surrounded him.

Why would you implicate that he has problems against semi-decent BPL midfielders? Especially considering most people think his greatest flaw is that he doesn't show up in big games, not that he has troubles against semi-decent BPL midfielders. People know by now he has no troubles against them.

Modric is very technically gifted. I don't think he would have any trouble in La Liga. I think the Spain game was at least a small glimpse of that.

I do agree with Samourai though, I think Cazorla would be as good as an option as Modric. I don't think he's quite as good (though I've always been a fan of Cazorla, fantastic player), but he would be cheaper, and he's already La Liga proven. And I don't think you guys give Granero enough chances, he's also pretty good.

Me too.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Modric is so underrated here scratch
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:58 pm

CBarca wrote:Modric himself didn't seem to have any problems keeping the ball from Alonso, Busquets, Xavi and co...a team made up of Real Madrid/Barcelona players. And this is also with the relatively average Croatian midfield that surrounded him.

Back when Spain won their first EC, Swedish Midfield that consisted of Tobias Linderoth, Anders Svensson and Kim Kallstrom completely outplayed Spains midfield that consisted of Marco Senna, Xavi, Iniesta and all the rest of them and won 2-0... doesnt really say much does it?? fact of the matter is that when you play for your country and aren't a mega star nobody will bat an eye lid of you do bad but will praise non-stop if you do good

semi-decent midfields:

Swansea
Norwich
Everton
Chelsea
Man U

Spurs were completely dominated in the middle by all of these, even Man U with their horrid midfield were able to, says alot really no??

And BPL are famous for not having good midfielders yet he cant seem to be able to shine despite that.... now when you think of LaLiga which team "doesnt" have an excellent midfield i can only name about 3/4 teams:

Zaragoza
Osasuna
Current Sevilla
Mallorca

All the rest have excellent midfields, he would be lost against them

he has ok techniques but that will be to no use when you see the technicality in LaLiga, if he played for a lesser team i don't he would have any troubles but if he played for a big team i don't think he would survive for over 4 games before people start calling him a flop. When you see a guy liek Sahin who toyed with the Bundesliga midfields being ostracised( Laughing ) i feel for Modrics future if he went by instinct rather than logic

Cazorla is a ball hog i dont think anybody would have liked him in our team and he is quite old which is why teams probably are a bit reluctant to buy him. Granero on the other hand gets plenty of playing time but not just regularly, the reason for that is b/c Mou has previously said him and Xabi cant play at the same time(eventho when they did we kept the ball calmly like never before).. but i still think we can gradually promote guys from our youth team there is a very promising midfielder there that in 1 or 2 season i think he will be able to take the leap
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Why would he not be able to keep the ball against lesser sides if he was able vs the Spain midfield?

I think Modric is underrated just because he doesn't have good stats.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:08 pm

It's Marca guys, it's obviously rubbish, you have nothing to worry about. Sahin is better then Modric and if he couldn't get a start then Modric has no chance.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:09 pm

It's Marca guys, it's obviously rubbish, you have nothing to worry about. Sahin is better then Modric and if he couldn't get a start then Modric has no chance.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:It's Marca guys, it's obviously rubbish, you have nothing to worry about. Sahin is better then Modric and if he couldn't get a start then Modric has no chance.

It's on elconfidencial as well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, I don't rate him that highly, I'm not nieve , he can keep posession all that stuff,but I wouldn't buy him because he's overpriced and not worth that much to me once we have Granero.

Cazorla is greedy lol. Di Maria is greedy for looking to add to his stats everytime he touches the ball, Cazorla holds onto the ball because he can, he's not nearly as greedy as Silva who we are said to want.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Well in terms of Granero I think he's average. He's only really good at passing the ball. Nothing more than a backup. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:16 pm

mtfootball wrote:Why would he not be able to keep the ball against lesser sides if he was able vs the Spain midfield?

because i already offered an analogy with the Swedish midfield, you can have a one-off doesn't really mean you're capable of doing it consistently
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:18 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Why would he not be able to keep the ball against lesser sides if he was able vs the Spain midfield?

because i already offered an analogy with the Swedish midfield, you can have a one-off doesn't really mean you're capable of doing it consistently

It's not the first time he kept the ball vs someone.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Cazorla is greedy lol. Di Maria is greedy for looking to add to his stats everytime he touches the ball, Cazorla holds onto the ball because he can, he's not nearly as greedy as Silva who we are said to want.

disagree, DiMaria is the one who should provide, the CMs/DMs are the ones who should do their useless "pass side-ways"

Also Cazorla is greedy and a half a lot more greedier than Silva who i don't even rate, also before I forget he shoots too much as well and Isco has stolen the limelight for Malaga if we wanted him then i'd be ok with it Very Happy

do you ever see Ribery, Adrian do useless back passes??? i haven't

Yellow/Red tinted glasses and dat Laughing

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:22 pm

mtfootball wrote:It's not the first time he kept the ball vs someone.
And i haven't denied that, but he cant when he gets pressured by "decent" midfielders, we have enough of those already lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:07 pm

The thing is... Madrid are a team who relies on counter-attacks against our big oponents. But against lesser teams, we rely on monopolizing possesion and being patient in our build up.
Therefore, our midfielders need to be able to make killer passes that can break down a defense, as well as the more bland, straightforward passes that can provide the platform for holding possession and creating spaces for the kind of passes that have been mentioned above to be made.
Therefore, we need a Modric type of player to run alongside Alonso AND Ozil and provide a platform where both can play their best game.

I personally think that Khedira is capable of that, and that Sahin would be able to provide as a back-up for not only Alonso, but Khedira and Ozil as well. Di Maria provides aditional effort in the middle as well which tops off our tactical stronghold very well.
So what I'm saying is that our team is actually pretty much perfect as is.

BUT, we will not be able to retain the la liga title or win the champions league unless we reinforce what is already just about the greatest squad of all time...
It needs to be done, because people are seeing Madrid as a superpower now. And, whatever is done, I can guaruntee, it will be the right decision. Why? Because Mou knows.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:14 pm

CBarca wrote:Wooaahhh no that totally went right over my head. My bad. Ouch I look like an idiot now Very Happy

Nice article though, I didn't know Modric's childhood in such detail. Makes me love him even more Heart

no worries mate Thumbs up

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

disagree, DiMaria is the one who should provide, the CMs/DMs are the ones who should do their useless "pass side-ways"

Also Cazorla is greedy and a half a lot more greedier than Silva who i don't even rate, also before I forget he shoots too much as well and Isco has stolen the limelight for Malaga if we wanted him then i'd be ok with it Very Happy

do you ever see Ribery, Adrian do useless back passes??? i haven't

Yellow/Red tinted glasses and dat Laughing

I'm curious as to if anyone actually takes you seriously anymore...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3