Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Roma Hall of Fame

5 posters

Go down

The Roma Hall of Fame Empty The Roma Hall of Fame

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Roma unveil Hall of Fame
By Football Italia staff

Roma’s American owners have announced the club will form a new Hall of Fame, but Francesco Totti is “in no hurry” to join it.

“Aspart of the celebrations for the club's 85th anniversary, AS Roma has decided to launch its own Hall of Fame,” read a statement.

“The aim of this new initiative is to enshrine the memory of an elite group of players who, since 1927, have had an impact on the history, success and heritage of AS Roma and its fans.

“The club will inaugurate the Hall of Fame in the early part of the 2012/13 season. Starting with an initial list of 85 candidates, the club will first reduce the number to 55 and then, with the help of the fans, choose one goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders and three forwards from the various players who have written AS Roma's history, and who have been retired for at least two years.

“AS Roma, the first Italian club to set up its own Hall of Fame, has decided to hand the vote to a panel of five experts as well as the entire Giallorossi fanbase.

“Alongside Giallorossi historian Massimo Izzi, the club has chosen three big names from the world of sports journalism: Luigi Ferrajolo, Gianfranco Giubilo and Mario Sconcerti.

“The fifth member is Maestro Ennio Morricone; the Rome-born composer, winner of an Academy Honorary Award in 2007, is a huge Roma Giallorossi fan.

“AS Roma's Hall of Fame will initially exist in a virtual setting but the aim is to create a physical location where a tangible memory of the club's legends may be preserved.”

Because the players must be retired, current captain Totti cannot yet have his place in the American-style Hall of Fame.

“I think it’s a wonderful idea and it must be gratifying to be included in the history of Roma,” wrote Totti on his blog.

“I’d love to be a part of it one day, but I hope that is as far away as possible. I’m in no hurry.”

--------------------------

This is commonplace in American sports, but will feel very odd in the football-world. I think it's a great idea though.

So who do you guys think is worthy of making that final XI?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

The Roma Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Roma Hall of Fame

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:07 am

McLewis wrote:Roma unveil Hall of Fame
By Football Italia staff

Roma’s American owners have announced the club will form a new Hall of Fame, but Francesco Totti is “in no hurry” to join it.

“Aspart of the celebrations for the club's 85th anniversary, AS Roma has decided to launch its own Hall of Fame,” read a statement.

“The aim of this new initiative is to enshrine the memory of an elite group of players who, since 1927, have had an impact on the history, success and heritage of AS Roma and its fans.

“The club will inaugurate the Hall of Fame in the early part of the 2012/13 season. Starting with an initial list of 85 candidates, the club will first reduce the number to 55 and then, with the help of the fans, choose one goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders and three forwards from the various players who have written AS Roma's history, and who have been retired for at least two years.

“AS Roma, the first Italian club to set up its own Hall of Fame, has decided to hand the vote to a panel of five experts as well as the entire Giallorossi fanbase.

“Alongside Giallorossi historian Massimo Izzi, the club has chosen three big names from the world of sports journalism: Luigi Ferrajolo, Gianfranco Giubilo and Mario Sconcerti.

“The fifth member is Maestro Ennio Morricone; the Rome-born composer, winner of an Academy Honorary Award in 2007, is a huge Roma Giallorossi fan.

“AS Roma's Hall of Fame will initially exist in a virtual setting but the aim is to create a physical location where a tangible memory of the club's legends may be preserved.”

Because the players must be retired, current captain Totti cannot yet have his place in the American-style Hall of Fame.

“I think it’s a wonderful idea and it must be gratifying to be included in the history of Roma,” wrote Totti on his blog.

“I’d love to be a part of it one day, but I hope that is as far away as possible. I’m in no hurry.”

--------------------------

This is commonplace in American sports, but will feel very odd in the football-world. I think it's a great idea though.

So who do you guys think is worthy of making that final XI?

ughhh
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:36 am

I could try to name the top 55, I had a hard time keeping it down to 11. Here's what I got so far. Not a best 11, but club legends worthy of being in the hall of fame.

Goalkeeper: Massetti

Defenders: Losi, Aldair, Nela, Carboni

Midfielders: Conti, Di Bartolomei, Ferraris

Strikers: Pruzzo, Balbo, Amadei

Others: Tancredi, Candela, Cafu, Bernardini, Tommasi, Giannini, Voeller, Di Biagio, Ancelotti, De Sisti, Montella, Batistuta and Delvecchio.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:54 am

hmm Do they have to be playing in Roma or doesn't matter if they went to other clubs later in their career?
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 am

I believe that they have to have had their best years at Roma and made a huge, significant impact for the club.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 am

Aldair, Bruno Conti, Roberto Pruzzo,Agostino Di Bartolomei, Giacomo Losi,Giuseppe Giannini
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:28 am

Ok I really don't know who I want to vote for between Falcao and Giannini in this round. ps- can't believe i forgot falcao in my original list.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeahh that's a rough choice.

I would personally have to choose Falcao though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Went with Giannini, tough one. Talent-wise, Falcao takes it, but Giannini was a true legend for us, dragging our team through extremely tough times.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Prior to the Atalanta game, The Class of 2012 was officially inducted into the inaugural Roma Hall of Fame. The players selected by the fans, media and a panel out of a final pool of 55 were:

-------Franco Tancredi-------

-------Cafu-------Giacomo Losi-------Aldair-------Francesco Rocca--------

-------Fulvio Bernadini-------D'agostino Di Bartolomei--------Falcao-------

-------Bruno Conti-------Roberto Pruzzo--------Amadeo Amadei------

Here's the original link to the announcement of the players - http://www.asroma.it/en/news/hall_of_fame_/

Here's the link to pictures from the recipients - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.411612985566188.93863.209630315764457&type=1

The daughters of Fulvio Bernadini and Amadeo Amadei as well as the wife of Ago Bartolomei accepted the celebration jerseys on behalf of the players, who are deceased. Cafu was unable to make it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:08 pm

No love for Vincenzo Montella??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:04 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No love for Vincenzo Montella??

Much love, but he can't bump Pruzzo lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:06 am

Rocca was probably the biggest "surprise", thought Nela would've taken it.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:48 am

Nela was definitely the favorite along with Candela and I too was surprised to see Rocca chosen, but it's a good choice since he made an incredible impact despite how short his stay was with the club. He was even classy enough acknowledged that himself when he accepted the award. Great man.

As for Montella, I think he made the final group, but there was always going to be difficulty getting ahead of Pruzzo. This is only the 1st class though so I'm absolutely sure we'll see Montella in there sooner than later.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

Who's Totti taking over after he hangs up his boots?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Totti is in line to be a director within the club when he retires as far as I know.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 pm

That's a great role for him in which I feel he will excel in.

Lemme rephrase the question lol

Where does Totti feature in the Roma Hall of Fame? If in the starting XI, who does he replace?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Maybe Amadeo Amadei as I don't think you could remove Pruzzo or Conti from that XI.

It would fit as well considering Totti's current position as a left winger.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:22 pm

ynwa wrote:That's a great role for him in which I feel he will excel in.

Lemme rephrase the question lol

Where does Totti feature in the Roma Hall of Fame? If in the starting XI, who does he replace?
McLewis wrote:Maybe Amadeo Amadei as I don't think you could remove Pruzzo or Conti from that XI.

It would fit as well considering Totti's current position as a left winger.

I don't think that's how it's going to work, meaning having a starting 11, bench and so on. It's kind of mean to bump a player off the starting 11 once Totti retires, no matter who the players in question are. I think they should just add a couple of players to the hall of fame each year and that's all, no need to bump someone off the starting 11.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:25 am

I do agree with that Pupone. But at the end of the day, a starting XI hall of fame has always existed.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:39 am

Well both Totti and De Rossi will be in lineup when they retire so I'm wondering where they'll fit in. Di Bartolomei is untouchable I think in midfield so will it be Falcao or Bernardini??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Statements from the new 2014/15 Hall of Fame members

Alcides Ghiggia - “From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank the fans and commission members who chose me, despite the fact that nearly sixty years have passed since my last game with Roma. My thanks also go to the club for the invitation and the desire to recognize me along with the other ex-Roma players that were chosen.”

Carlo Ancelotti - “I feel honored and proud to be a part of the AS Roma Hall of Fame. The club and its atmosphere are something I’ll always keep in my heart. A big thanks to all the fans and coaches that have kept me in their thoughts and who still remember me so fondly. All the best.”

Rudi Voeller - “It’s a great honor to be part of this Hall of Fame and the history of this club, along with so many great players. Roma have always been a part of my life, so much so that in Germany I always say I’m half Roman rather than half Italian. I’ll never forget my five years with the Giallorossi. We won a Coppa Italia and in that stadium, my Stadio Olimpico, I was crowned as a world champion. Roma and the city of Rome will always have a special place in my heart.”

Vincent Candela - “I send a big thanks to the thousands of people – fans, assistants or staff members, coaches, players, journalists, friends and presidents – who took part, along with my family, in that fantastic path I set out on in 1997 and that still continues today. Our lives couldn’t be so special had we not had the good fortune to share so many amazing memories together. Thank you, Roma.”
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down