FC_Hollywood
Geo
29 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 2 Empty Re: #28 - Holger Badstuber

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:12 am

Didn't know Boateng complained. Links?

Silly mistakes can't all go down to Badstuber though, dude. All the other guys are still at fault. I remember when Lahm was skimmed by Maggio and caused Badstuber to slot in an own goal (not his fault). Lahm still needs to get used to the left flank, where he's better going up but not as good defending since he's naturally right sided.

I clearly get Badstuber's criticism, but he's the best young CB we got and if Loew and Heynckes show faith in him then it must be for something. He's clearly improving, bit by bit. They don't hate Bayern nor Germany, yet still play him Very Happy

Lúcio wasn't sold for him, it was a problem with pigheaded van Gaal that got him sold. Worst sale in Bayern history. Demichelis, same reasons although he's just as error prone (watch him for Argentina, Jesus he's horrible) and can be even worse.

Just give him time, is what I say. If he repeteadly fraks up throughout the season, I'll agree with you and we're still getting a CB, anyways.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:12 am

If you go for ratings so much, you might check the ones kicker.de gives:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/spieltag/1-bundesliga/2011-12/topspieler-der-saison-abwehr.html

Breakdown of separate games:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/1-bundesliga/2011-12/bayern-muenchen-14/45699/spieler_holger-badstuber.html

There Stubsi is the third best rated defender at 2.69 with only Hummels and Van Buyten (both 2.50) before him. And mind you, kicker.de is probably the most reputable German football magazine, so I'd say they know what they are writing & rating Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:09 pm

rwo power wrote:If you go for ratings so much, you might check the ones kicker.de gives:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/spieltag/1-bundesliga/2011-12/topspieler-der-saison-abwehr.html

Breakdown of separate games:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/1-bundesliga/2011-12/bayern-muenchen-14/45699/spieler_holger-badstuber.html

There Stubsi is the third best rated defender at 2.69 with only Hummels and Van Buyten (both 2.50) before him. And mind you, kicker.de is probably the most reputable German football magazine, so I'd say they know what they are writing & rating Very Happy

I Have no Ideal how Kicker do their rating, I am talking about match for match rating with commentary on each performance.

Overrall in Bundesliga he his getting a lot of help from our defense that is better than most defense in Bundesliga, notice how DVB is there as well.

Individually there is no way Badstuber is 3rd best Defender in Bundesliga, with the likes ,f Boateng, Howedes, Hummels, Dante, Subotic. Absolutely no way
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Well, the kicker.de ratings are given by the experts there. They don't disclose the written stuff on the website (you are supposed to buy their print magazine after all), but at least they publish the match by match ratings in form of numbers.

I did read some commentary on him in German papers, and they were far more favourably than what was written by goal.com (whom I wouldn't trust in any case where ratings are concerned as they usually botch them big time).

I really think I should try and get some stats for the BL defenders (tackles etc), but I can't promise anything. But from the kicker.de marks it is obvious they do rate Badstuber higher than most others, just like Heynckes and Löw, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:40 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, the kicker.de ratings are given by the experts there. They don't disclose the written stuff on the website (you are supposed to buy their print magazine after all), but at least they publish the match by match ratings in form of numbers.

I did read some commentary on him in German papers, and they were far more favourably than what was written by goal.com (whom I wouldn't trust in any case where ratings are concerned as they usually botch them big time).

I really think I should try and get some stats for the BL defenders (tackles etc), but I can't promise anything. But from the kicker.de marks it is obvious they do rate Badstuber higher than most others, just like Heynckes and Löw, too.

Time will prove one of us right or wrong, as far as I am concern if Badstuber keeps performing the way he has been performing for the last 2 season and Half in Bayern, he will not succeed here.

I guess you have a different opinion and time will prove who is right or who is wrong.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, Badstuber seems to be a player who is either considered great or a failure. If you read German forums, you will also encounter that - with him there seems to be no middle ground.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Badstuber needs to get they *bleep* out of our defense, he messes up the defense whenever he plays...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:The Dortmund match was decided by a Boateng error, of all players., so shit can happen to anyone.

IMO, the Badstuber-Boateng combo works very well. The games where Badstuber has looked bad, most of the time he's being played alongside van Buyten. Obviously he's gonna look like crap with a similar sort of slow player besides him.

With Germany he's improved a shit lot, although playing with Hummels and even Mertesacker. He's also improved with Bayern. He's not as bad as we make him out to be, just obviously inexperienced and still pretty raw.

According to RWO he was suspended for today's game, else Heynckes would have probably started him. We definitely need more CB depth.

Yes he was suspended because of the red card and our defence played much more better without him again

The Goal wasn't just because of Boateng error, if you watch it again, there was lack of communication between Boateng and Badstuber, he went in for the tackle and fell down as usual that was what led to Boateng error.

If we are to go far, then we should play DVB and Boateng.

watch carefully our next match against Mainz, watch Badstuber carefully and you might notice how he put pressure on other defenders, he exposes them to make error.

I just knew our defence will screw up with Badstuber around.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:59 pm

He wasn't directly responsible for the goals though. You might want to thank Gustavo and Alaba for botching the game big time.

On the plus side - Schweinsteiger trained again today - he might play in the last match this year again.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:That's simply the Schweinsteiger effect Very Happy

Alaba is great and all, but he's not at that level yet. Our midfield is what has kept our defense non leaky, because individually they're not exactly awesome defenders. Obviously with Schweini missing, we lack our key midfield piece.

Kroos is also good, but no one can replace Piggy.

Also, Robben is being played instead of Mueller. Huge drop in workrate right there, but we need Robben fit so...

Are you saying Robben being played instead of Muller is as a result of the silly goals we conceded...?

The 2 goals against Napoli were silly and 1st leg own goal was also silly, to add to that Hanover both goals were silly, as a matter of fact since the 1st goal we conceded this season, most of our goals have been really silly and we can not afford that in the final.

One thing I have noticed is that, whenever Boateng and Van Buyten start ahead of Badstuber in the middle, we dont concede silly goal.

Badstuber is dangerous to our defense, you have to watch him closely before you can get this. He exposes other defenders to making error, in the Dortmund game he went in for a tackle and Boateng or any other good defender would have expect him to win the tackle or at least stop the pass to Gotze but instead he fell down and couldn't win the ball and Boateng was left to deal with a more dangerous situation, which he obviously couldn't.

I have seen this on several occasion on how Badstuber exposes other defender to making errors, time and time again. The Manager really needs to forget about the German Prejudice and Play DVB & Boateng for the good of Bayern Munich

Here are his rating for last 8 matches and compare them to Boateng or Van Buyten rating.

Bayern Vs Dortmund.
5.5 Had a very difficult first half as his passes were somewhat wayward and he was beaten on the dribble by Lewandowski. Was booked in the second half for a very poor tackle, but also showed great anticipation in several instances, and had a free kick narrowly miss the target late in the game.

Bayern Munich vs Ausburgs
5.0 The defender should take the blame for Hosogai's strike as he was caught running without purpose after the ball. Played Kapllani onside for the Albanian's chance late in the game, and generally looked shaky.

Germany vs Netherlands
5.0 Received a lot of support from Khedira, which masked what was not an entirely convincing display. Missed a headed clearance that left Kuyt in on goal, but to his credit, did react quickly to make up for Mertesacker's errors. Substituted at half-time.

Germany vs Ukraine
5.0 Played Shevchenko onside in the third minute, and thus began a less than stellar evening for the Bayern man, who was supposed to be the anchor in the centre of defence, but too often was found elsewhere.

Bayern Munich vs Napoli(2nd leg)
5.0 Was booked for a bad foul on Maggio early on, but improved immensely as the game progressed. Marked Cavani out of the match but the Uruguayan still won the battle, earning him a second yellow card and an early bath with a shameful dive.

Bayern Munich vs Nurnberg
5.5 Picked out Schweinsteiger with a perfect ball before the opener, and played in several other lovely passes: he completed a remarkable 100 on the day. Showed very good instincts to anticipate danger, but was beaten in the air once by Pekhart, and missed a tackle on Hegeler: both slip-ups ought to have been punished with goals.

Bayern Munich vs Hannover
6.0 Beaten for pace on more than one occasion, the defender looked largely shaky until his withdrawal late in the second half. Was part of a great first-half attacking move with an astute and accurate crossfield pass.

Bayern Munich vs Napoli(1st leg)
4.5 Will be remembered for conceding an own goal, and for being booked for a poor challenge. Made some great defensive plays otherwise, but deserves to be penalised for making some critical errors.

I am just going to add this rating as well..

Mainz vs Bayern
5.0 The Germany international had an abysmal game as he constantly committed petty, needless fouls and lacked the concentration needed to deal with Mainz's vibrant attack. Spent most of the time complaining, and
generally looked susceptible at the back.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:00 am

Our defense still isn't good enough. Our clean sheet streak was all due to midfield dominance.

The defense still needs depth, it was only our awesome midfield masking it the whole time. Always been that way.

I don't know why Henyckes doesn't deploy Boateng more as a CB. He was supposed to be played there primarily and Rafinha starting at RB. Dunno why Heynckes bought these guys if he's not going to use them to their strengths.

It's all down to our overall lack of depth. Those midweek games sure sap out strength.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:53 am

Sushi Master wrote:Our defense still isn't good enough. Our clean sheet streak was all due to midfield dominance.

The defense still needs depth, it was only our awesome midfield masking it the whole time. Always been that way.

I don't know why Henyckes doesn't deploy Boateng more as a CB. He was supposed to be played there primarily and Rafinha starting at RB. Dunno why Heynckes bought these guys if he's not going to use them to their strengths.

It's all down to our overall lack of depth. Those midweek games sure sap out strength.

I have no ideal why Boateng is being switch around every now and then, also Rafinha only play every now and then. The coach needs to stop messing about with the defense...

Rafinha-Boateng-DVB-Lahm. for now we do, Badstuber is all out for himself, can't work as a unit. He exposes the defense way too much.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:00 am

Would raher play either of Tymoschuk or Van Buyten in his spot next to Boateng.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 am

You sure? Tymo & Boateng together would call for yellow and/or red cards. Van Buyten is currently okay, but Boateng recently was more a liability than Badstuber.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Tymo is needed in midfield and while solid, he's not naturally a CB. Let's all remember the van Gaal era.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:01 am

The best Bayern lineup looks like this in my opinion:

Neuer
Rafinha Boateng Van Buyten Lahm
Schweini Gustavo
Robben Muller Ribery
Gomez

When Robben is injured or if hes sold, Bayern are weaker, but not by much at all. Muller is better on the right and put Kroos in the center in Mullers spot and it makes Bayern alot more creative through the middle rather than Muller being so direct through the middle. I heard people claim Bayern has no depth. Butt, Badstuber, Contento, Tymoschuk, Alaba, Pranjic, Kroos, Olic, and Petersen is some strong depth.

But back on topic, I think Tymo is still better than Badstuber as a centerback. Badstuber is actually a great defender MOST OF THE TIME, but then hell make one or two amateurish mistakes and cost them the game. Similar to Juves Bonucci with that. If Tymo makes a mistake, hell take the card to fix it at least. Van Buytens obviously the best of the 3 though, plus he and Boateng compliment each other perfectly. Also, I rate Gustavo higher than Tymo.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 am

We have depth in midfield. In defense I shudder to think what a few injuries will do to us and up front Gomez is clearly irreplacable. Petersen isn't ready yet and Olic not yet fit and not the sort of player we need up front.

Schweinsteiger has no direct backup (which is why I wanted Vidal in the summer) because Alaba is still too raw.

Sure, we have some depth which is helped out by versatile players, but I want Bayern to be in the Madrid or Barca type of game who are stacked everywhere Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Schweinsteiger has no direct backup (which is why I wanted Vidal in the summer) because Alaba is still too raw.

i thought luis gustavo was his back up

and as for the vidal issue im happy we didnt buy him (too many attitude issues rising up)
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Vidal, attitude? The only one blocking the transfer was Voeller, because Vidal repeated many times he wanted to come.

Gustavo was a van Bommel replacement, a DM. He doesn't have the technical skills needed for the Schwein role. Alaba in some future might, and Vidal definitely could have pulled it off.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Vidal might have not be happy to be mostly used as backup, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 pm

He wouldn't: he could start besides Schweini as the DM. Hell, he could even fill in for Kroos. He's that damn versatile, but that would have turned Bayern's midfield into Barca class and Voeller can't have that.

Sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Interesting thing after the seemingly disastrous ratings that Goal.com gave Badstuber (as posted above by Idrisozet), today Goal.com posted the "Bundesliga team of the season". And guess what? Badstuber was selected as one of the three defenders they chose:

#28 - Holger Badstuber - Page 2 Def10
Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/12/20/2806786/goalcoms-bundesliga-team-of-the-season-six-bayern-munich
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Badstuber was rock solid until Schweini's injury when our whole defensive setup went to crap, honestly. Our game is completely based in midfield domination. You also have to remember playing Robben isn't the same thing as playing Mueller, their workrate isn't the same and the team´s overall style changes depending on who's playing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:53 am

The Kicker journalists ranked Holger Badstuber as best Center Back in the Bundesliga for the "Hinrunde" (first half) of the 2011/12 season, ahead of Mats Hummels of Borussia Dortmund.

So far the article is only published in the print version, but I will link it right away when it shows up at kicker.de online.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:20 am

The agony, once Idrisozet finds out Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:51 am

Well, he is also the player with the 3rd most passes (1374/17 matches) in the BL (behind Lahm (1615/17 matches) and Freiburg's Julian Schuster (1448/16 matches)) and he has the 3rd best passing accuracy (93.51%) behind Schalke's Metzelder (95.42%) and Luis Gustavo (93.56%).

(Can 't really link this as the numbers are given within diashows at Sportbild.de, but you can take a look here nonetheless: http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/2011/12/24/hinrunden-statistik/die-besten-passgeber-zweikaempfer-ballkontakter.html )
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next