SuperMAG
Valkyrja
VanDeezNuts
Omniscient
14 posters

Go down

Serious discusion on formation Empty Serious discusion on formation

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 4:47 am

Ok I wanted to create a stable discussion for realistic possible changes of our formation for next season or if simply people think we will stick with the 4 2 3 1.

I personally would like to see us go with 3 strikers up front for next season, invest in a right fullback who can overlap and provide width like Marcelo can on the left. Use Di maria as a backup in the middle for Ozil or to provide width when tactically needed or to come on against tired teams or as a suitable replacement because of injuries.

Callejon and Kaka (if he stays) could be used on the left or right when needed/backup options. The only problem is we would need another striker unless we promote Morata as required.

Or we could stick with the same 4 2 3 1 which saw so much success this season and try to better it and improve on our weaknesses.

What other thoughts have you got on formations for next season? please keep this realistic no youtube bs, no trolling, no Ramos as DM crap ty.

Back to top Go down

Serious discusion on formation Empty Re: Serious discusion on formation

Post by Omniscient Tue May 15, 2012 7:01 am

I want to see more 4-4-2. There's some sort of stigma against it because of the connection with English hoofball and lack of possession and control, which is extremely stupid.

When 4-4-2 was played this season, Barcelona were utterly dominated for 45 minutes and conceded 2 goals while scoring none. Assuming:

Casillas
Arbeloa Pepe Ramos Marcelo
Ozil Khedira Alonso Di Maria
Benzema Ronaldo

I feel like La Liga defences can be unlocked easier. Di Maria is in his natural position and the one which he's had at least 8/10 of his top 10 games of all time in. Ronaldo being closer to goal is directly proportional to how well he plays. Benzema can afford to drop deeper and not play with his back to goal all the time. Ozil is more of a direct threat out wide.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 15, 2012 7:12 am

realistically we will stick with the 4-2-3-1
-- for this i think the only changes that will be made is buying an athletic RB like Piszczek, and Javi Martinez in the middle instead of sami.

i am a fan of the 4-3-3 though, as well as the 5-2-1-2. since the thread requires realism i have to say that the 5-2-1-2 will not be an option even though i think we have the perfect players for it.

anyways i think there will be times next season when the 4-3-3 could be utilized which would look like this:

ronaldo-benz-ozil/di maria
xabi--sami--sahin/granero

and here is my problem with mou, because he did not rotate players enough/ use different formations our players were not as versatile, our formation not as flexible. though we were lethal with our 4-2-3-1, had a situation called for more midfield support (which i think the bayern games did) we could not switch to the 4-3-3 because none of our players are used to it, and the players that would need to be utilized in a 4-3-3 dont play nearly enough to start big games (granero/ sahin)

so in sum my philosophy is different than mous so even though id like to see our team more flexible in squad list and tactics-- mou makes the calls and he helped win a trophy this year so i cant reaaaally complain.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 am

we need a midfield(note, not midfielder), a right back, and lucas moura.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 am

why change the formation, its the formation thats suits us the most, 4231 is our thing.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue May 15, 2012 11:25 am

i think 4-3-3 will be used more often next season
other than that i dont see any drastic changing
4-2-3-1 will be the main thing

but i would like to see a 3 man defence the team is capable of doing it

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 15, 2012 1:34 pm

How would you line up your three strikers though?

Thing about it is.....you're giving Benzema almost sole responsibility to create there....it could work, but it would have to be almost a free role because he isn't a winger.

I could see a three striker formation ending up something like this..when it's actually exacuted.

---------Benzema------------Ozil
--------------------------------------Ronaldo
--------------------Higuain------------------

And when Ronaldo goes to the middle

Higuain---------Ozil----------Benzema
-------------Ronaldo------------------

The only way I see a legitimate 3 striker formation possibly happening and functioning is.

Ronaldo-Higuain-Benzema

Which I don't think is going to be done anytime soon.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Tue May 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Yep, I think we'll play more of 4-3-3 next season too.

Xabi and Khedira were simply overrun lots of times this season, they need a third man there but the preseason will have to be a hell of a preseason to adjust the team to such formation.

4-2-3-1 is a great attacking formation, but we rely too much on creativity of some individuals more than the creativity of our team play. When Di Maria is in top form - this formation is a beast, if we have a in-form Ozil at the same time - we're unstoppable. But, what if they're injured or out of form? Our midfield provided little to chance creation this season because teams suffocate Xabi since they know Khedira won't make a long (precise) pass. That's why I think we need a 3rd option, Sahin would fit in well, even Granero imo. But if we're to rock the 4-3-3, than we need a good right wingback too.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue May 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Xabi/Sahin/Khedira
Di Maria/Ozil Ozil/Kaka Ronaldo
Benzema Gonzalo

*bleep* the defense, as long as you outscore them it's OK

/sarcastic
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Tue May 15, 2012 7:04 pm

I have wanted us to move to a 4-3-3 for a long time because it will bring more stability to our defense. Playing with 4-3-3 doesn't mean we're defensive, it's completely opposite. It will give us much more flexibility than current system which is quite static tbh, 4 attacks (+Marcelo & Khedira sometimes) and 6 defends. This brings problem that it relies pretty much on 4 players individual skills to create something (or really fast counter attack) against 6-7 man defense.

Offense
Some wishes Benzema start, some wishes Higuain start and some wishes Ronaldo will be benched. I say start all of them. Moving to 4-3-3 means that we have one more "creator" in midfield who will spray pass to our forwards. This unfortunately means that Di Maria will get the short sticks and goes to the bench next to Callejon. 4-3-3 needs guys who are scores, sure Di Maria and Callejon can score but not as well as Higgy, Benz and CR, but they will be excellent backups. Mourinho clearly doesn't rely on our Castilla youths, so I would send Morata and Jese on loan to e.g. Getafe for a year or two. They will get valuable experience and hopefully make their breakthrough there. Next step would be to bring in Drogba since he is the best and cheapest (free) option available and Mou knows him inside out and Drogba adores Mou. I have know doubt that Mou ca'tn persuade him to accept backup role. He can bring another dimension for our tactics if and when we need it.

Higuain/Drogba
Ronaldo/Callejon-------------------------Benzema/Di Maria

Midfield
The key for 4-3-3 is to drop Özil deeper. I know, many will now scream that Özil is completely useless there... maybe he will be at the beginning, but he is intelligent and good passer so he has all the skills to play that position. He is not lazy, always helps to defend and his responsibility of creating something would also be less since he would have Sahin, Alonso, Kaka or Granero next to him. They could also cover him when he gets exhausted. Kaka's ability to play as CM is question mark, but like Özil he is not stupid and he is not required to be fast in CM position unlike in AM position, although it would help. He has good long shot, is creative and good passer. If Mou can turn Sneijder and Eto'o into workhorses then maybe he can do it with Kaka too.

CM's could push up if situation requires it or when they get a good chance. It would also be much harder to mark out our playmaker since we would have two of them. Alonso as a DM behind Sahin and Özil might not work, but it would definitely bring more offensive power. But if we think about it, currently we have Khedira instead of Sahin and Özil in midfield next to Alonso and I doubt Khedira works as hard as Özil and Sahin put together. So it might not be so bad idea after all. Against big teams like Barca it might not be the smartest idea, but that's why we have, Khedira, Alonso and hopefully Martinez or if we miss him then Javi Garcia. They can park a nice fat meat wall in front of defense if situation requires it and still be able to pass a ball for our forwards.

Sahin/Alonso/Khedira------Özil/Granero/Kaka

Alonso/Martinez or Garcia

Defense
The burden on defense is lesser since we have constantly three man from midfield helping them instead of two. Like we all know, we need an offensive alternative for Arbeloa. I don't see Carvanjal as it or at least Mou doesn't see it. Therefore we should send him on loan, just like Jese and Morata and let him prove his worth (Getafe is going to have summer fiesta at next summer Razz). Bring in Isla as an offensive option, he will quite likely cost a lot, but we spent 30mil for Coentrao so Isla shouldn't be any bigger problem. He is little bit like Marcelo and Coentrao by having played in every position on wing which is exactly the kind of player we need. He is also more proven than Azpilicueta. Isla and Marcelo bombing forward at the wings would cause panic on both sides, not only on left like now.

Defense would be pretty much complete with Isla signing, unless both Albiol and Carvalho decides to leave which atm seems quite likely. Testing Inter for Lucio would be tempting. They could be willing to sell him if they get a decent amount of cash which they could use for their rebuilding. Lucio might be old now but if he could pull "Carvalho" for a season or two then it would be enough. Or maybe we could try Arbeloa as 4th choice CB if we can't find a proper CB.

Casillas will be 1st choice for at least several years, but if Adan really leaves then it gives no other options than buy backup GK. I don't really like the options that media has suggested. Villarreal's Diego Lopez would be interesting case, but he might look for 1st choice role. Other option I like would be Jääskeläinen now that Bolton got relegated. He would definitely accept bench role and he is really experienced from EPL. I don't see him any worse than Cudicini as an option.

Marcelo/Coentrao---Pepe/Varane-----Ramos/Lucio------Isla/Arbeloa
Casillas/Jääskeläinen

Final team:
Serious discusion on formation AbCEuznahI
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 pm

if we play a 4-3-3 either ozil is played as a winger or he sits on the bench, he doesnt have the work rate to play as a CM.

if the players could adjust, something like this would work

ronaldo benzema ozil
alonso sahin
martinez

the issue is we already have problems fitting in all our attackers, if we go from 4 to 3 we will have a lot of issues. this will mean 2 of our (imo) best attackers will sit out, instead of just one (typically higuain) but now either it will be higuain + di maria or higuain + ozil.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Error wrote:I Serious discusion on formation AbCEuznahI
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 15, 2012 10:46 pm

How about saying non - supermag-esque formations :lol!:

That formation posted above me looks orgasmic. But would be overkill. Marcelo is great going forward and has proven he is solid defensively. But with our work rate Di Maria would have to be on the lw if "Isla" is also going forward. Looking at that only one lone CDM with the two CM being more offensively oriented we would always be exposed on the counter.

That's not to say we should keep benzema there if we as a team learn to attack,defend, and press as a unit. And recover and track back to our positions when needed.

Seeing how we have been playing as of recently, there really isn't anything I'd change aside from maybe one or two players in our lineup. (I included Yaya. Because I <3 yaya)

So it's a standard 4-2-3-1 that we've been using alot of.

Serious discusion on formation AbCEzJmahv

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 pm

To be fair....Sahin is as defensively oriented as Yaya is these days.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Wed May 16, 2012 6:01 am

Honestly, I think we have what it takes with our current players.

I'm all for a 3 man mid with Alonso as our staple. Khedira and Sahin have what it takes to form a great partnership right in front of him.

As for 3 strikers up front? Hell no! That would mean moving our best player, Ozil, out of his best position. He should not be an afterthought and forced to play wing or CM.

If anyone should be adapted, it should be Ronaldo moving to more of a CF role, with Marcelo providing the width out left.

Yes, that means Mou bringing back the ole' Chelsea diamond.

------------------Iker
Arbeloa----Ramos----Pepe----Marcleo
------------------Xabi
--------Khedira-----------Sahin
------------------Ozil
----------Benz----------Ronaldo
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 am

Supermag esque huh! Suspect

I donno whats more realistic, everyone wanting to change formation to 4-3-3 which we clearly suck at and need like 2/3 years to master, or 4-3-1-2 or having yaya, isla and 3 strikers.

May be my formation should be:

____________Simpsons
Walker____Buyton___Demachelis___Haize
_________Scholes___gerrrard
Marcelo________Epep____________Park
______________Raul

:dance:

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 pm

^ WTF IS THAT SHIT

Serious discusion on formation Tumblr_llydvdV3x81qawbdt
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed May 16, 2012 1:08 pm

A very serious, non trolling supermag esque formation. :mental:

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed May 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Playing with a DM means, that we have to sacrifice a player from the offence and its not a good idea for me tbh. On the plus side this can easily be applied to any strong teams.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down