Dante
Art Morte
The_ItalianFool
Zealous
DeviAngel
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey - Page 2 Empty Re: SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Juve doing it Right.

Ronaldo wearing our #7 is a pain in my heart.He should've just stuck with the 9 , it was a bitch move.

I disagree. I mean, I am a Raulista as much as anyone (I dont hate Cristiano though Laughing ), and Ronaldo is the only one worthy of taking the 7 from Raul. He has proven himself more than capable.

Also, the whole disrespect to other legendary Sietes (Buitre? Hell, JUANITO?) and Sh1rt salez FTW lulz

I don't want them to retire the 7.

But I also don't want some fool like Ronaldo wearing it

If anybody should be wearing it it should be Pipa.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey - Page 2 Empty Re: SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey

Post by vivabarca38 Tue May 15, 2012 3:59 pm

They should withdraw it forever IMO.Or until someone worthy to succeed ADP comes...Which wont happen in atleast 20-30 years.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Juve doing it Right.

Ronaldo wearing our #7 is a pain in my heart.He should've just stuck with the 9 , it was a bitch move.

I disagree. I mean, I am a Raulista as much as anyone (I dont hate Cristiano though Laughing ), and Ronaldo is the only one worthy of taking the 7 from Raul. He has proven himself more than capable.

Also, the whole disrespect to other legendary Sietes (Buitre? Hell, JUANITO?) and Sh1rt salez FTW lulz

I don't want them to retire the 7.

But I also don't want some fool like Ronaldo wearing it

If anybody should be wearing it it should be Pipa.

I wanted Pipa to get it too. When the shirt numbers for that year were announced, I was quite angry Laughing I expect Pipita to pick up at least either 7 or 9

In any case, Ronaldo is not a fool. He is more deserving of the 7 than any player we have ATM, yes, more than Pipa will ever be.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 15, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm not going to go down this path because with Higuain possibly leaving it could turn into a very ugly argument.

But you and me have different measures of deserving, and to me Pipa deserves it more than Ronaldo and at that particular point in time there was no question.

I didn't see Ronaldo tackling a Ossasuna LB in the 93rd minute of the most important game of his career for Madrid winning the ball , playing a one two and scoring a goal that won us the title.

To me , giving Ronaldo the number despite the fact that at that point, he had done infinitely more for the club than Ronaldo had ever done , was a slight to him.

I think it pissed him off too , because Ronaldo's attitude that entire season was that of an individual obsessed more with personal success than for driving Madrid towards success, he focused more on outscoring his own teammate than doing the best he could for the team.

It materialized itself in the game deciding match as well. In the classico he had an open Pipa, a simple layoff to an open Pipa, that's all it wouldve took and instead he chose to shoot. We lost the match and we lost the title (by 3 points....despite losing both classicos).

But I accept that you view differently.....so I have no problem.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I'm not going to go down this path because with Higuain possibly leaving it could turn into a very ugly argument.

But you and me have different measures of deserving, and to me Pipa deserves it more than Ronaldo and at that particular point in time there was no question.

I didn't see Ronaldo tackling a Ossasuna LB in the 93rd minute of the most important game of his career for Madrid winning the ball , playing a one two and scoring a goal that won us the title.

To me , giving Ronaldo the number despite the fact that at that point, he had done infinitely more for the club than Ronaldo had ever done , was a slight to him.

I think it pissed him off too , because Ronaldo's attitude that entire season was that of an individual obsessed more with personal success than for driving Madrid towards success, he focused more on outscoring his own teammate than doing the best he could for the team.

It materialized itself in the game deciding match as well. In the classico he had an open Pipa, a simple layoff to an open Pipa, that's all it wouldve took and instead he chose to shoot. We lost the match and we lost the title (by 3 points....despite losing both classicos).

Woah, I was referring to right now. When Ronaldo got the 7, of course Pipa deserved it more. I did say that in my previous post, no? CR got it at that point because he was a big money sulk and he wanted his favourite number Laughing

In my last post I wrote ATM, and given the past two seasons, I think Ronaldo does deserve it over Pipa. They express their Madridismo in different ways, of course Pipita is the warrior we all love. Just like you said though, our opinions here differ quite dramatically so we are never going to agree Laughing

S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue May 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I'm not going to go down this path because with Higuain possibly leaving it could turn into a very ugly argument.

Great post, I agree 100%
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue May 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Del Piero is an icon like few others in the game.. I think Juve should retire the #10 until it is earned by someone worthy enough to do for Juve what Del Piero has done
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Del Piero took the number 10 as a promising youngster, after players like Baggio and Platini before him wore it.

You can't wait for a worthy player because odds are you won't find one.

You can't retire #10, it is to symbolic for the sport

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue May 15, 2012 5:02 pm

That's true. Although I consider Del Piero a bigger player and more of a Juventus legend + symbol than Baggio and Platini were, it does make sense that the #10 is too symbolic and important of a # to retire.

If ADP wore a more unique number, then it should be retired without a shadow of doubt imo

Maybe if Amauri comes back, he would be worthy of the #10? Razz
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Re 'it pissed him off too', I dont think it pissed Higuain off, he wouldnt want it. I know he was offered the #9, he didn't want it because he was attached to his 20, I dont know if he would have been able to resist the allure of the 7 but I dont think he was too disappointed. He never expected it in the first place.

I remember the rumours Di Maria was going to take the 7 *shivers*
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 15, 2012 5:06 pm

I think Ronaldo pissed him off.

The fact that Ronaldo got the number got the number he deserved was salt to that wound.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue May 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:That's true. Although I consider Del Piero a bigger player and more of a Juventus legend + symbol than Baggio and Platini were, it does make sense that the #10 is too symbolic and important of a # to retire.

If ADP wore a more unique number, then it should be retired without a shadow of doubt imo

Maybe if Amauri comes back, he would be worthy of the #10? Razz

Any player he chooses the number will have to have balls of steel
Giovinco would be audacious enough but he doesn't deserve it

Hopefully Buffon fulfills his promise and takes the number so no one else can
Buffon greatest #10 keeper ever

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue May 15, 2012 5:24 pm

SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey - Page 2 Images13

ahaha, just joking

On a serious not , imo Juventus should retire this number but not definitively. But of course the next one who's going to wear it have to be speciall

ADP , when i was kid, 6-7 y old , he was my fav just because of his name lol
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue May 15, 2012 5:37 pm

I think we should either retire the number 10 forever or give it to Marchisio and then Vidal can have the 8. Either way though, it needs to be retired for at least a few seasons.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2