+5
S32TABLANCA
I Have Mono
hrealmadrid
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
9 posters

Go down

Our squad in 2-3 years ? Empty Our squad in 2-3 years ?

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am

My wishlist :

Casillas, Tomas
Carjaval, Arbeloa
Ramos, Varane, Jordi Amat, Pepe
Marcelo, Coentrao
Lass,Martinez
Canales,Granero,Sahin,Parejo,Ozil
Sarabia, Di Maria, Cristiano, Jese, Callejon
Benzema,Higuain,Lucas Moura(false 9)

Last edited by zece on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Our squad in 2-3 years ? Empty Re: Our squad in 2-3 years ?

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 am

in 3 years, lets see my wish list would be (hypothetically)

casillas(33)
carvajal(23) varane(21) ramos(28) marcelo(26)
sahin(26) martinez(26)
di maria(27) ozil(26) neymar(23)
benz(27)

still a young team.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 am

Keepers: Casillas; Adan
RB's: Arbeloa, Carvajal
CB's: Pepe; Ramos; Varane; XXXX
LB's: Marcelo; Coentrao
CM/DM's: Xabi; Khedira; Sahin; Alex
AM's: Ozil; Di Maria; Reus; Jese
Forwards: Benzema; Higuain; Ronaldo; Callejon; Morata

I'd be happy with something like that in 3 years time

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 am

We're still Real Madrid. I'm sure Uncle Flo will bring in another Galactico within the next three years.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:13 am

-----------------------------------------Casillas------------------------------------

----Carjaval(Arbeloa)--Varane(Pepe)--Ramos(Amat)--Marcelo(Coentrao)------

--------------------------Sahin(Parejo)--Martinez(Lass)-------------------

-------------Di Maria(Sarabia)----Ozil(Canales)------Benzema(Jese)---------

-----------------------------------Lucas(Higuain,CR)-----------------------------
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Im going out on a limb but i dont think homegrown players bring in huge shirt sales so you're wishing to much.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm

like raul, guti, iker

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 pm

We don't have any homegrown players that are even close to the level Raul and Iker were at when they were a similar age Deezy. Raul at 17 was such class it's hard to find that today. Different time also. With the squad/talent we have, it is very difficult for a Castilla player to break into the first team unless they are phenomenal. Soldado, Mata, etc. all couldn't do it.

Also, the above poster is right. The homegrown players we have right now and in the future won't bring in any big numbers in shirt sales. Not in comparison to the "Ronaldo's" at least.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:13 pm

..lol there isnt a single player that compares to ronaldos shirt sales on our team atm or will be at any time in the future. maybe beckham can compare.

the point is the better they are the more exposure they get, the more exposure they get the more their shirt sales will go up.

this is a hypothetical thread, 3 years in the future. you cant predict how well a player will be or how shirt sales will be in 3 years.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Lol all I was trying to point out was that Real Madrid only have like 4 homegrown players on their squad (Arbeloa, Granero, Iker, and Higuain) and I doubt they make huge shirt sales. One guys post had like 7 or 8 homegrown players on it.
It seems a lot more realistic to buy hyped up kid like Nerman, Goetze, Hazard. Real Madrid is a business just like every other club and their goal is to make money and above average players from the castilla don't do that.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Lol at shirt sales being a defining factor in starting lineups. Laughing

Anyway, Ive thought about this before, my dream squad would be:

GK: Casillas, Pacheco
DEF: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Pepe, Coentrao, Nacho (Arbeloa?)
MID: Sahin, Alex, Khedira, DM (M'Vila, Martinez?), (Alonso?), (Valero?)
AMF: Ronaldo, Ozil, Neymar, Jese, Canales, Sarabia
ST: Higuain, Benzema, Morata

Yeah, I think we might be a bit heavy on attackers here, so we can include Alonso/Valero too.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Lol at shirt sales being a defining factor in starting lineups. Laughing

It's not the sole factor but shirt sales do factor in to your starting line up. Not necessarily for every single player but the team is put out on the field to make a profit. Whether through qualifying for the CL and other cups, doing well in the league, and through shirt sales.
Point is if there is non-castilla player that can potentially have greater shirt sales then a castilla player in the same position and is just as good as the homegrown player he's going to be sold.
Seeing that there are a lot more non-castilla players than castilla players the chances of have few castilla players on your team is high.
However I think this also applies far greater to midfielders and attackers than it does to defenders.
I think the chances of castilla defenders breaking into the first team is far higher than that of midfielders or attackers. Attackers from the castilla are more likely to be sold and bought back 3 or 4 years later if successful
How many people have an Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, or Marcelo jersey ?
How many people have an CR7, Benzema, Ozil, Kaka jersey etc

*I write most of my posts on my phone so they might not always be clear.
*I don't know if any of this is true I'm making intelligent guesses.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 pm

@i have mono

But you forget sth : CR7 for example wasn't a star from the start. We can make our castilla players stars.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 pm

I used to think like this and I still have my preferences but I ain't making no 2-3 year plan with this club.

All I know for sure....is that we should sell Ronaldo in about 2-3 years,and invest in a couple younger players.I'm a hater but keeping this guy beyond FFP is nonsense unless he does something that makes him untouchable.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:45 pm

zece wrote:@i have mono

But you forget sth : CR7 for example wasn't a star from the start. We can make our castilla players stars.

What do you mean by that ? Are you saying he wasn't a star when he came to Madrid ? He won the FIFA World player of the year award in 2009 before he came and was 3rd for it in 2007. I would say he was a star.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 am

Le Samourai wrote:I used to think like this and I still have my preferences but I ain't making no 2-3 year plan with this club.

All I know for sure....is that we should sell Ronaldo in about 2-3 years,and invest in a couple younger players.I'm a hater but keeping this guy beyond FFP is nonsense unless he does something that makes him untouchable.

Who will will ever get who will score you 123 goals in 124 games or something like that? I dont even think Messi has a better goal stat than that. What do you expect from Ronaldo to do to be untouchable? It says you 16 years old, so I am sure you will realize it later on how valuable he was to your team. I just hate it when Madrid fans pick on their own players for small things, completely ignoring all that the guy brings to the team. Its like you dont see the big picture.

Any team in this world would die to have Ronaldo in their team, yet you want to sell him in few years. I mean why not right, the guy is in clear decline Rolling Eyes . He has only scored 37 goals and has 9 assists this season. What a shit player.

I dont know what I dont like more about this forum, Barca fans' insecurity with Messi or "some" Madrid fans not realizing the importance of Ronaldo. And I thought I used to be a Ronaldo hater, but I can defend this poor guy here. Sad times really.

In direct relation to this thread, I wouldnt change that much about Real in 2-3 years time. Just sell Kaka, Lass (he will prolly want to leave), Ricky

However, I think you can always replace Arbeloa. He is just a decent/average player imo. He is reliable most of the times, but doesnt add much to the team otherwise. I can think of all the others players and they all add something unique to the team.

-------Casillas----------

--New Rb/Arbeola----Ramos ----Javi Martinez/Varane---Marcelo/Coentrao

---------------Sahin -----Khedira/Martinez

------Di Maria --------Ozil -----------Ronaldo

-------------Benz/Higuan

Bench: Granero, Callejon, Jese, Adan, Pepe, Higuain, Coentrao

I hope you guys dont mind me posting here, dont like some of the members in the Barca section. Common sense eludes them.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18 am

Post more Steve, I like your posts Very Happy

And not all Barca posters are like jiopsi, there are some who doesn't dedicate their life to find statistics that prove Messi is better than Ronaldo
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 am

It's not even about his ability as a player....I've never doubted that and my views on him haven't really fluctuated.....it's simply I think this team can go alot further than anywhere Ronaldo can take them.

There are players on this team who can score 50 a season , there are players who could potentially be up to 40+ with 15 assists right now in 1000 less minutes had the circumstances been different , but I won't even fight that one down since I know people won't like it.

Plain and simple the way I think about it is that this guy is our first option in attack, yet he dosen't have a first option skillset.

We're destined to be a posession team because of the leauge we play in , he isn't a posession player.

Whatever anyone says my one qualm with him is that he obstructs the natural flow of attack, and while i believe someone like Di Maria in the future can develop into they type of player that dosen't , I just don't think he can.

You perceive him as an untouchable? - Well I don't.I'm sure many others don't either.

Basic
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 pm

When saying "shirt sales," that doesn't only equate to just selling jerseys.

It's a broader term referencing marketability. Will the player get a big Nike/Adidas/other contract? Be the new face of FIFA? Model for big fashion houses? Aid us in introduction into new markets/territories (i.e. Becks and Japan)? There is so much more to buying a player than just what he does on the football pitch, especially at Real Madrid.

The club is still a business. And in our case a big big business that needs to continue to grow.

FFP makes this even more important. We need to bring in players who will give us a maximum ROI.

I'm not saying everyone we buy in the next 2-3 years has to be someone who sells a lot of shirts, but with our club, expect at least a few.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

All things being equal, between a Castilla player and a big name star the Castilla will be kept simply being a canterano. However, in real life things are never all equal.

StevieRayVaughan wrote:
I hope you guys dont mind me posting here, dont like some of the members in the Barca section. Common sense eludes them.

Welcome, you speak sense. Are you an Atletico supporter?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Le Samourai wrote:It's not even about his ability as a player....I've never doubted that and my views on him haven't really fluctuated.....it's simply I think this team can go alot further than anywhere Ronaldo can take them.

There are players on this team who can score 50 a season , there are players who could potentially be up to 40+ with 15 assists right now in 1000 less minutes had the circumstances been different , but I won't even fight that one down since I know people won't like it.

Plain and simple the way I think about it is that this guy is our first option in attack, yet he dosen't have a first option skillset.

We're destined to be a posession team because of the leauge we play in , he isn't a posession player.

Whatever anyone says my one qualm with him is that he obstructs the natural flow of attack, and while i believe someone like Di Maria in the future can develop into they type of player that dosen't , I just don't think he can.

You perceive him as an untouchable? - Well I don't.I'm sure many others don't either.

Basic

Who are these players who would get 40 goals in less than 1000 minutes? Benzema? the fact that Ronaldo plays takes away so much pressure from Benz, less man marking, no pressure to be the star, therefore he can flourish. How does he obstruct the natural flow of attack? I really dont get that statement at all. For example, Barca play a possession game, but 80% of the times, when Messi gets the ball, he runs with it. He loses it many times, when he could have looked for a better option. Is he disrupting the flow of Barca too? Now you might say, but wait, Messi does end up scoring, or creating. Yes, but so does Ronaldo.

Also, if Ronaldo leaves, who will be the scapegoat for Real? Because whenever Real loses, people blame Ronaldo somehow. But if he is not there, fingers will get pointed to Benzema since he is probably the next star in attack. I mean he does miss quite a few chances, absolute sitters too. Not everyone is mentally strong like Ronaldo who come back strong every time, I dont know if Benz has that mentality to play well when his own fans will boo him.

And Saeta, Yes I do support Atletico.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Now there you're asking a different question.I think there are many people in the world who given the right development and exposure can create that type of space.But in essence I think that this aspect of the game will be most difficult to replace but I still believe that there are more talented players out there who can do a better job at absorbing defensive attention and simply making better plays.

Side note: Same qualifier goes for Roanldo as well, Benz and Higuain presence and movement allow him to do what he does.

I don't want to bring Messi into this but where the fundamental difference lies is that Ronaldo despite being first option on attack often looks cornered and flustered when teams dedicate any type of significant extra defensive attention to him.

Mtfootball started a thread the other day,and they type of player he outlined is exactly the type of player I want.Despite his proficiency at scoring Ron is lacking in a couple key areas, decision making, passing etc.

Now this is pessimistic.It really undercuts all that he adds to the team simply to focus on the worst areas of his game , but personally , I simply feel that we can replace his goals with a general improvement in attacking play.

In short, we give Ronaldo the ball way too much and I don't see that ever changing, their are players who exhibit week in week out their proficiency in being the pivot of our offence(ie when we give them the ball great things happen) however we still end up feeding Ronaldo more and more.It's a futile cause, because he simply will never be for me at least the player who will contribute to the team the most as our first attacking option.

There's a type of player you give the ball to and ask to create, then there's a certian type of player you can ask to draw opposition defences out of place, Ronaldo to me is truly world class at either.

Side note : I like Ronaldo's mentality alot , he hates losing and he dosen't give up.

If he is willing to be something less I feel he could contribute more but that day will probably never come.

I won't defend Benz, he misses his fair share of chances as undeniably does Ronaldo and basically every other striker in the game.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:
And Saeta, Yes I do support Atletico.

What do you think about the race for 4th place in La Liga? And do you think that teams like Atleti (which are not lacking in funds and ambition) can compete with Valencia/Barca/Madrid?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:53 am

I think Atletico will definitely finish fourth. Plus, with the cl money, I am sure we will spend a lot too. People forget that we spend around 70mil euro last year, the most in La liga, i think. Plus we got a relatively new team with players like Falcao, Courtois, Arda, Diego, Silvio, Adrian. So we are still gelling, I expect Atleti to be very strong next year.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

If we have Sergio Ramos, we will still be pretty amazing
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down