FennecFox7
Onyx
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
10 posters

Go down

The old CR7 Empty The old CR7

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 am

Does anyone want the old CR7 back ? The selfish guy, who dives, doesn't pass the ball but who was not a poacher ?

Do you prefer this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DqxiPgh94&feature=related or this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3bnBHPCDc ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The old CR7 Empty Re: The old CR7

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:39 pm

any more selfish and we will start losing.. his dribbling is not what it used to be.

what he needs to do is simplify his game, stop with the pointless tricks and flicks for gods sake.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 pm

I think he prefers scoring a hattrick every week in our 6-0 wins against weak La liga sides. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:08 pm

His dribbling is the same as it used to be I promise, La liga defenders defend differently and don't lunge in.

Up to CR to find a way around this flaw.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 pm

How many more CR7 threads are we gonna have?
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:54 am

mtfootball wrote:I think he prefers scoring a hattrick every week in our 6-0 wins against weak La liga sides. :coffee:

I want to know how many hat tricks Cristiano has scored for us, and how many of them included a penalty

Then I would like to know the same for Messi, in the same time frame (since CR joined Madrid)..

Any stat junkies out there want to give it a go?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:11 pm

mtfootball wrote:I think he prefers scoring a hattrick every week in our 6-0 wins against weak La liga sides. :coffee:

he helped us beat sevilla, lyon, ajax, valencia,malaga.. etc.. which of them are weak sides
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:His dribbling is the same as it used to be I promise, La liga defenders defend differently and don't lunge in.

Up to CR to find a way around this flaw.

His dribbling and ability to beat players on the run is not even remotly the level it was when he was at Man UTD. The average English defenders are aggressive and are probably faster and more pressing than the average Spanish defender.

The fact is Ronaldo is starting to show some signs of aging. I am not saying he is old, I am saying he is not 23 or 24 anymore...hes 26 going on 27 and the fact is his feet just do not move as quickly as they did. This is a true fact with all forwards as they age. Even 2 years can be a long time when it comes to peak performance at the highest level. Ronni is most def not the player he was anymore. He's still a fine player. Extremely coveted and valuable, however Ronnis prime was the season when he wonChampions league with Man UTD. I dont care how many goals he pads his record with in La Liga. He's individual brilliance has just dropped a slight bit.

PS: I am a fan of Ronaldo. Not a hater at all. Just the simple facts. The same goes for Kaka.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Very accurate analysis, i have been saying, most of the best wingers that have that quick turning skills are long lasters cuz they are not as big as ronaldo.

Ronaldo is 186cm tall, if he was 180cm or under, he would still have been simply distroying wingers with his dribbling.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Height is such an awful excuse for being a poor dribbler :facepalm:

Does that explain why I'm not playing in La Liga as well? because I'm over 180cm? it all makes sense now hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:25 pm

I agree with LM, I mean come on benzema and ibra are 2 great dribblers, hell even berbatov. Sure you can't be as agile but it doesn't mean its impossible.

And to answer the roma fan, yes defending is different in la liga thats why ronaldo has trouble using his speed. Defenders are much slimmer and more agile here, and don't lunge in like I said. That's good for some types of dribblers but ronaldo suffers against this.

BTW, you can never lose skill. You can change your style of play, but you just can't lose skill unless you really try to be a lazy bum and do nothing (which would be dumb)

PS: LM get on clubs Very Happy
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:I agree with LM, I mean come on benzema and ibra are 2 great dribblers, hell even berbatov. Sure you can't be as agile but it doesn't mean its impossible.

And to answer the roma fan, yes defending is different in la liga thats why ronaldo has trouble using his speed. Defenders are much slimmer and more agile here, and don't lunge in like I said. That's good for some types of dribblers but ronaldo suffers against this.

BTW, you can never lose skill. You can change your style of play, but you just can't lose skill unless you really try to be a lazy bum and do nothing (which would be dumb)

Lol I am also a madritista btw. I know it's contradicting.

You are absolutely correct, you don't lose skill, you can lose quickness in your feet and legs that directly relates to your ability to dribble at pace. If your feet simply can't move as fast as they did when they were 23 you won't be able to dribble as you wish you could. I have no doubt his mind is capable of seeing what he wants to do, but his body just is a millisecond behind now. Athletic fact, very tough to dispute.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 am

DiRocco wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:I agree with LM, I mean come on benzema and ibra are 2 great dribblers, hell even berbatov. Sure you can't be as agile but it doesn't mean its impossible.

Lol I am also a madritista btw. I know it's contradicting.

You are absolutely correct, you don't lose skill, you can lose quickness in your feet and legs that directly relates to your ability to dribble at pace. If your feet simply can't move as fast as they did when they were 23 you won't be able to dribble as you wish you could. I have no doubt his mind is capable of seeing what he wants to do, but his body just is a millisecond behind now. Athletic fact, very tough to dispute.

It's not the age I think. In man utd, in his prime season 2007-2009, he was much more slimmer than he is now.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum