The Franchise
gunner1987
Ganso
the xcx
billionmillion
58 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zidane would not be top-3 player today - Page 5 Empty Re: Zidane would not be top-3 player today

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:This has to be a Joke, Zidane would be #1.

Based on what? Messi would be number one simply because Zidane would win Zilch.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Zidane would not be top-3 player today - Page 5 Empty Re: Zidane would not be top-3 player today

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Zealous wrote:billionmillion should get a warning for starting a troll thread.

Just saying.

Tbf i would have banned a long time ago if that was the case.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey man someone was given a warning for "repeatedly starting troll threads".

Me smells double standards.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:49 pm

And I always thought LM was Messi's greatest fan. Jibers really proving that wrong everyday. I wouldn't mind having Zidane now at Real Madrid...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Arent we supposed to prevent people from starting potential troll threads tho? this went long enough
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 pm

jibers wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:This has to be a Joke, Zidane would be #1.

Based on what? Messi would be number one simply because Zidane would win Zilch.

why wouldnt he win anything???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Doc wrote:And I always thought LM was Messi's greatest fan. Jibers really proving that wrong everyday. I wouldn't mind having Zidane now at Real Madrid...

Dude I am being realistic. How would Zidane be number 1? Messi is breaking stupid statistical records and is in a team that is wining everything. I'm not a biased moron. Anyone with a brain would see that tbh. Keep calling me a Messi fanboy because I don't jump on the bandwagon. Barcelona fans accuse me of being ROnaldos greatest fans, RM fans used to acccuse me of being a Barcelona fan. If no one agrees witrh either one of you then they are fan boys. It's starting to get a bit pathetic tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 pm

I must have written something in ninja ink because I could have sworn I never called you a fanboy or question whether Messi would be number 1 or not nor did I imply such things.

You know what I'm calling you now: sensitive. You are sensitive. Quote me on that dear Jibers...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Doc wrote:I must have written something in ninja ink because I could have sworn I never called you a fanboy or question whether Messi would be number 1 or not nor did I imply such things.

You know what I'm calling you now: a geezer. You are Geez. Quote me on that dear Jibers...

:coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:08 pm

jibers wrote:
Doc wrote:I must have written something in ninja ink because I could have sworn I never called you a fanboy or question whether Messi would be number 1 or not nor did I imply such things.

You know what I'm calling you now: a geezer. You are Geez. Quote me on that dear Jibers...

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:24 pm

To be honest Zidane could be third, but I don't think people would vote him over Goal obssesed Messi and Ronaldo. Not that he is worse, it's just that goals are a great way to build hype which is what the award is all about.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Some of you have no idea and continue overrating zidane. among neutrals only jibers have a little logic and he thinks very well before posting.

Messi would win all titles and continue breaking records
Ronaldo would score 50+ goals
Xavi would dominate midfield and would win all team titles

Spain would win WC

How Zidane would get into top-3? by doing what? by doing some of iniesta's tricks?

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:56 pm

You have no idea and your underrating zidane
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Firstly, this Juventus guy is absolutely deluded. It's better not to respond to people who make outrageously false statements.

Secondly, Messi > Zidane. Sorry.

Lastly, you can't really say Iniesta is better than Zidane because he never had to lead a team the way Zidane did. Technically and skill-wise they are close. Iniesta being the better dribbler but Zidane being the more complete midfielder. They are both big-game players of the highest calibre, so Iniesta doesn't lose any points there. He's also won more in his career than Zidane.
However, Zidane has the edge in these kind of comparisons because of his role on the team. If Iniesta was born and bred as the focal point of his team, who knows what kind of player he'd be?

So the comparison isn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be. Iniesta I think has rightfully earned the honor of being compared to Zidane, especially since he's overshadowed by Messi and Xavi, yet people still notice him. Think about that.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:11 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:Firstly, this Juventus guy is absolutely deluded. It's better not to respond to people who make outrageously false statements.

Secondly, Messi > Zidane. Sorry.

Lastly, you can't really say Iniesta is better than Zidane because he never had to lead a team the way Zidane did. Technically and skill-wise they are close. Iniesta being the better dribbler but Zidane being the more complete midfielder. They are both big-game players of the highest calibre, so Iniesta doesn't lose any points there. He's also won more in his career than Zidane.
However, Zidane has the edge in these kind of comparisons because of his role on the team. If Iniesta was born and bred as the focal point of his team, who knows what kind of player he'd be?

So the comparison isn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be. Iniesta I think has rightfully earned the honor of being compared to Zidane, especially since he's overshadowed by Messi and Xavi, yet people still notice him. Think about that.
another sensible poster Thumbs up bad thing is that you post very rarely
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:19 am

The xcx wrote:
Zidane is a winner.

Ribery :bow:
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:34 am

Using your fabulous reasoning, didn't that great Milan side get stuffed 4-0 by Deportivo La Coruna? And then crushed by PSV the next year(3-0 until the last moments when an away goal put them through)? That team had a ton of creativity in midfield with all the playmakers but relied too much on gattuso for ballwinning. Had a tendency to get overrun in midfield. a real possibility given barca's pressing. As for the Milan games this year the score does not tell much at all. At the Camp Nou they scored with their only two chances. Rest of the time they parked the bus like a small town club. The san siro match was a lot closer but it never seemed like barca would lose. Always got the feeling that they were in command even tho tehy were in 2ND GEAR.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:13 am

As for the zidane-iniesta debate, id say many of you guys are discounting iniesta. I know it's fashionable to put past legends on some pedestal but it seems like zidane in particular has this myth around him. It's become accepted wisom that he is one step below maradona, that week in week out he dominated games like against brazil in 2006. I'vve been a juventino since the 90s and let me tell you this. He was a top 5 player on ability but really blew hot and cold. He'd put in incredible display 5 or 6 times a year but also had a tendency to go missing in matches. Until euro 2000 no one would claim he was far and away the best player in serie a. Hell, on that great juve team the real star was a young alex delpiero(one of the best ive seen, and the team crashed and burned the season he was injured). Even among playmakers many people who regullarly watched serie a would say the likes of rui costa and boban were at his level during that time, and nedved was better week in week out for juve. Even that season he won the cl with rm, i remember being pretty underwhelmed with him in the liga. Many games he's have little impact, with the occasional unbelievable game. He never reached the consistent brilliance of messi today or ronaldinho mid 2000s at club level. I'd say at his best he is better than iniesta, but there is an argument there. Dismissing iniesta(a matchwinnder in his own right) out of hand just reeks of fanboyism.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:17 am

gnrfan wrote:As for the zidane-iniesta debate, id say many of you guys are discounting iniesta. I know it's fashionable to put past legends on some pedestal but it seems like zidane in particular has this myth around him. It's become accepted wisom that he is one step below maradona, that week in week out he dominated games like against brazil in 2006. I'vve been a juventino since the 90s and let me tell you this. He was a top 5 player on ability but really blew hot and cold. He'd put in incredible display 5 or 6 times a year but also had a tendency to go missing in matches. Until euro 2000 no one would claim he was far and away the best player in serie a. Hell, on that great juve team the real star was a young alex delpiero(one of the best ive seen, and the team crashed and burned the season he was injured). Even among playmakers many people who regullarly watched serie a would say the likes of rui costa and boban were at his level during that time, and nedved was better week in week out for juve. Even that season he won the cl with rm, i remember being pretty underwhelmed with him in the liga. Many games he's have little impact, with the occasional unbelievable game. He never reached the consistent brilliance of messi today or ronaldinho mid 2000s at club level. I'd say at his best he is better than iniesta, but there is an argument there. Dismissing iniesta(a matchwinnder in his own right) out of hand just reeks of fanboyism.

its not as if iniesta has shown up in every match hes played has he
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:27 am

This is for you Jibers : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjDKjXASPI4

2.Zidane is more similar to Ozil than Iniesta.
3.Barca fans, football isn't played on paper.
3.Barca/Spain fans : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qquZkf1M4wg
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 pm

gnrfan wrote:As for the zidane-iniesta debate, id say many of you guys are discounting iniesta. I know it's fashionable to put past legends on some pedestal but it seems like zidane in particular has this myth around him. It's become accepted wisom that he is one step below maradona, that week in week out he dominated games like against brazil in 2006. I'vve been a juventino since the 90s and let me tell you this. He was a top 5 player on ability but really blew hot and cold. He'd put in incredible display 5 or 6 times a year but also had a tendency to go missing in matches. Until euro 2000 no one would claim he was far and away the best player in serie a. Hell, on that great juve team the real star was a young alex delpiero(one of the best ive seen, and the team crashed and burned the season he was injured). Even among playmakers many people who regullarly watched serie a would say the likes of rui costa and boban were at his level during that time, and nedved was better week in week out for juve. Even that season he won the cl with rm, i remember being pretty underwhelmed with him in the liga. Many games he's have little impact, with the occasional unbelievable game. He never reached the consistent brilliance of messi today or ronaldinho mid 2000s at club level. I'd say at his best he is better than iniesta, but there is an argument there. Dismissing iniesta(a matchwinnder in his own right) out of hand just reeks of fanboyism.

I said this once and the madridista came and ridicule me and said that I was talking out of my ass :/

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:28 pm

zece wrote:This is for you Jibers : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjDKjXASPI4

2.Zidane is more similar to Ozil than Iniesta.
3.Barca fans, football isn't played on paper.
3.Barca/Spain fans : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qquZkf1M4wg

I see absolutely no similiarity between their style of play :/

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I think Iniesta is ahead of Messi. Shoot me. Best Farca player IMO.

Zidane???lol... I am afraid that statues is indefinitely unattainable for the likes of Messi and Iniesta.

Messi is a flop and always will be until he can do something for Argentina (and win a legitimate CL).

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 am

He is completely right. Zidane is the great lie of world football. A very good player, but today would be outshadowed by the real masters of the game such as Leo Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, and statistically even CR would toss him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 am

90% of people who say Zidane is overrated are Barca fans. it tells the story.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:32 am

Not saying that Zidane > Messi or Messi > Zidane or anything, but Zidane performed great on both the club and international level.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next