Mou, afterthought Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Mou, afterthought

5 posters

Go down

Mou, afterthought Empty Mou, afterthought

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Me and many other Real Madrid fans think that Ozil was bought because of his WC performance eco smile His success was helped by chance eco smile

I doubt that opinion as of now, reasons:

AM and the deep lying playmaker are central figures in a 4-2-3-1. If say, the AM doesn't perform or is a scrub then the whole attack fails! eco smile Kaka was out indifinitly at that time. Do you really think Mou would gamble that big with Canales and Ozil? eco smile He knew that he'd need one of them for at least 3 months eco smile I think Canales' signing was more political than anything. From the first game where he started, it was clear that he wasn't ready eco smile
Suppose, the above theory isn't true and Mou likes to gamble big with a 21y player. How would you explain that he asked for 3rd striker immediatly after his arrival? eco smile He didn't see Benz as backup at that time and didn't want to risk anything in midseason. His fears were justified eco smile Higgy got injured so he was left with a fat and lazy Benz Very Happy
Benz is very lucky that Mou had no other choice at that time otherwise, we'd cheer Cavani or someone else in his place at the moment eco smile He brought him back in shape but the point remains, Mou didn't want to take a risiko at all from the start eco smile
Why would he gamble with the AM position? eco smile
Now, I think, he bought Ozil to be a starter in the first place. The AM position in our team is like custom made for him, that's one of the reasons Kaka struggles to create eco smile Canales was the backup and he didn't count on Kaka at all eco smile So he had his starting AM and his backup= the reason he didn't complain like in Higgy/Benz situation eco smile

What's your opinion on the matter? eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mou, afterthought Empty Re: Mou, afterthought

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Want my opinion?

You like green and thats far too many smileys in one post :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Want my opinion?

You like green and thats far too many smileys in one post :coffee:
smoking
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 am

My first thought is that the poor " Very Happy " got dethroned once and for all, especially since you only included him once Razz

On the main post it does seem to be the case. You can also factor in Canales being 19 at the time and Ozil 22. Those 3 years made a difference in the eyes of Mou.

Oh and I agree about Benz, his fans may like it or not but he got very very lucky when higgy got injured, he was almost certainly a goner
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:45 am

Mourinho always counted in Kaka, in fact he's a Kaka fan boy. he had tried to sign Kaka several times for Chelsea when he was coach for the club, in his opening interview, he made a comment about bringing Kaka back to his Ballon D'Or winning levels as one of his targets for the team.

Ozil and Canales were backup for Kaka, the problem was that Canales and Pedro Leon, were signed by Valdano even before Mourinho was hired. Mou signed Khedira, Ozil and Di Maria and they've all had a lot of playing time for Madrid. Ozil in Mourinho's books was always better than (Valdano's signing) Canales, in the same way Di Maria was better than (Valdano's signing) Pedro Leon.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 am

buddytaller wrote:Mourinho always counted in Kaka, in fact he's a Kaka fan boy. he had tried to sign Kaka several times for Chelsea when he was coach for the club, in his opening interview, he made a comment about bringing Kaka back to his Ballon D'Or winning levels as one of his targets for the team.

Ozil and Canales were backup for Kaka, the problem was that Canales and Pedro Leon, were signed by Valdano even before Mourinho was hired. Mou signed Khedira, Ozil and Di Maria and they've all had a lot of playing time for Madrid. Ozil in Mourinho's books was always better than (Valdano's signing) Canales, in the same way Di Maria was better than (Valdano's signing) Pedro Leon.
You didn't get my first point. By the time they were signed it was clear that Kaka would be out for 3 months at least (he ended up not being fit all the season...). It's not a question of fanboism. He started his reign at a big club and knew that he'll be without an AM who builds the core of the team along with DLP for at least 3 months. Would he risk relying on backups only? eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 am

Dat Pic Babun albino
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Dat Pic Babun albino
It's me, Marta made fun of my old Photo eco smile Black/white photo copy mode and then that other stuff from photoshop listed under 'arts' eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 am

I know, it's like a mix between Kaka and Di Maria
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 am

Babun has eyes like Ozil eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 am

babun1024 wrote:
buddytaller wrote:Mourinho always counted in Kaka, in fact he's a Kaka fan boy. he had tried to sign Kaka several times for Chelsea when he was coach for the club, in his opening interview, he made a comment about bringing Kaka back to his Ballon D'Or winning levels as one of his targets for the team.

You didn't get my first point. By the time they were signed it was clear that Kaka would be out for 3 months at least (he ended up not being fit all the season...). It's not a question of fanboism. He started his reign at a big club and knew that he'll be without an AM who builds the core of the team along with DLP for at least 3 months. Would he risk relying on backups only? eco smile

My point was that he only saw Ozil (not Canales or Van der Vaart) as an adequate backup for Kaka, a backup who would not cost much, and had proven himself in the Bundesliga and more importantly at the World Cup. If that experiment had failed he would have tried to play without an AM till Kaka was fit. Mourinho simply saw Ozil (not Canales) as the future of the team and not necessarily someone to deliver straight way, it surprised many of us and probably Mou, how well Ozil performed in his first season.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:16 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Babun has eyes like Ozil eco smile
Never Very Happy I think it's time to take down the fun Very Happy
buddytaller wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

My point was that he only saw Ozil (not Canales or Van der Vaart) as an adequate backup for Kaka, a backup who would not cost much, and had proven himself in the Bundesliga and more importantly at the World Cup. If that experiment had failed he would have tried to play without an AM till Kaka was fit. Mourinho simply saw Ozil (not Canales) as the future of the team and not necessarily someone to deliver straight way, it surprised many of us and probably Mou, how well Ozil performed in his first season.
That was my point Very Happy We didn't sign Ozil just on a whim. He adapted a lot faster than expected but the point was that Mou already had plans for him eco smile
As of now, people believe, we signed Ozil just because he was on his last year of contract eco smile The fact he performed well for us is just a surprise eco smile I see Mou behind all of this eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 am

The exten of Kaka's injury was unknown until August because he didn't allow Madrid to perform a physical until then. Ozil was bought to carry Madrid over until Kaka returned. He was the best option at the time. Canales was very young and needed someone who had more experience. The gamble was that one of the youngsters or both would be able to give a good enough performance until Kaka's return... Ozil happened to star. Now, I do think Ozil was a target early; but not as a starter. He was someone that Mou wanted to develop behind Kaka. Just because his transfer happened in August doesn't mean we looked at him only in August. The interest likely started a couple of months before that. kaka actually played some early games for brazil in the wc before sitting it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum