Zanetti: "We're right behind you, Genoa" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Zanetti: "We're right behind you, Genoa"

2 posters

Go down

Zanetti: "We're right behind you, Genoa" Empty Zanetti: "We're right behind you, Genoa"

Post by RobbyV Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:21 pm

As a representative of AIRC (Italian Association for Cancer Research) for the last seven years, Javier Zanetti was interviewed this morning on Deejay Football Club – a programme on Radio DJ – to promote Cancer Research Day as part of the Week 11 fixtures of Serie A 2011/12. "You always have to train otherwise the others will be able to run more than you," explained the Nerazzurri captain. "I honestly feel fine and as long as I feel that way I'll keep playing. The time will come when I say enough is enough. My retirement? Let me have a few more years on the pitch and then we'll see."

Zanetti wanted to voice his support for Genoa: "We're right behind the population and the families who are going through a really tough time. Our heartfelt thoughts go out to them. We all hope nothing else serious will happen." The captain also had a thought for Antonio Cassano, whom he texted before his operation: "I'm sorry for what has happened to him and I hope he can get back on the pitch as soon as possible because he's a lovely lad."

Zanetti then spoke about current matters on the pitch: "We've had a difficult start for lots of reasons - changing coaches, our pre-season preparations and having important players sidelined long term because of infortunate injuries. We've also been unlucky in certain matches, with episodes going against us, but what's in the past is in the past. It's up to us to put things right and we know that. There's one thing I do want to stress, though: I see and I have always seen the effort made by this group so I can say that anything is still possible. It seems like so much has happened but we're still at the start of the season. New signings in midfield? The president and the club have made big investments, on young players too. They are always on the lookout and have always tried to give the fans a competitive team. But don't say we're an old group or that there's a clique of players who always have to play; that's not true and if it happens to me to have to sit on the bench or in the stands I'll do that, no problem. If that's what is needed to help the team. I'll do it."
Finally, looking elsewhere, Zanetti was asked what he thought about Zlatan Ibrahimovic's words for Pep Guardiola: "Did he really say those things I read this morning? If that's true then we can expect sparks to fly in San Siro when AC Milan host Barcelona... Did Zlatan ever hit anyone when he was at Inter? No, of course he didn't. He was scary though. He's a big guy and when he gets angry it's not easy to hold him back. Mourinho? He always works very hard and very well. Now he's at Real and building his team there, but we often speak to each other. We have a fantastic relationship, as you'd expect there to be between people who have won so much together."
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Zanetti: "We're right behind you, Genoa" Empty Re: Zanetti: "We're right behind you, Genoa"

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:50 pm

I will always respect Zanetti.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down