Turok_TTZ
Albiceleste
SuperMAG
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Mr Nick09
Babun
14 posters

Go down

We don't need a targetman! CR7 for CF Empty We don't need a targetman! CR7 for CF

Post by Babun Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:57 pm

I was inspired by myself, great babun(), adityan and higuainxozil to write it.

What do we need a targetman for? We want him to head crosses or lay off high balls, someone who is very strong and fast physically to force his way through the middle.Someone who can shoot all over the place, keep the ball and bring team mates into play.
Who are our physical beasts in this sense and best headerers of the ball? Ramos and Ronaldo!
Did you notice something? All the attritubutes described by me are valid for Ronaldo, so what do we need a targetman for?
This year Callejon comes to RM if we play Ronaldo up top we can play Benzema or Callejon on the left and Di Maria/Özil or Higuain on the right. 5 people for two wings in games when we NEED a targetman.He can't also mess up our build up from there in tight games.
Most of the time, we don't need any kind of targetman. Higuain and Benzema would perfectly compliment us against any side tactically.It would also ensure that we won't play hoofball to striker tactics(I can't stand it when Cassilas does it). Choose your man against a specific team.Just promote Morata in case Higuain gets injured again, they play similarly.

I'm asking again now, why do we need a technically limited targetman upfront?

It's like castrating ourselves.

Last edited by babun1024 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

We don't need a targetman! CR7 for CF Empty Re: We don't need a targetman! CR7 for CF

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:17 pm

great job you are doing here Babun, saving your heritage Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

We don't need a targetman! CR7 for CF Empty Re: We don't need a targetman! CR7 for CF

Post by Babun Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:21 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:great job you are doing here Babun, saving your heritage Very Happy
I don't wnat to spend time writing again Very Happy I already contacted shaven, we will transfer any relevant thread here Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:51 am

wow, what a signature!
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Bumping my old thread, basically CR7 for CF FTW! Very Happy I wrote that piece when we were discussing whether we need a designated targetman as 3rd striker or noz. My answer was that we don't need a technically limited tree to stand in opponents half. Move CR7 there, when we need a targetman and forget about signing some average player from somewhere again Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:07 am

i am reallly pleased that i am not alone with this thought.

He can be THE answer for messi (false 9). the way messi exposes CB's.

it can be ronaldo who also does that with

+ More effeciency, because the target will be bigger means more goals.
+ More headers.
+ More open space for Benz (left) and Higuain (right) to expose. Those two alone will open space for ronaldo to run at CB's at full speed like messi does, but ronaldo is stronger, bigger and badder lol.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:10 am

I really hope someone else also see someting in my other Ramos as DM/CM idea, cuz its as great as this.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:10 am

SuperMAG wrote:i am reallly pleased that i am not alone with this thought.

He can be THE answer for messi (false 9). the way messi exposes CB's.

it can be ronaldo who also does that with

+ More effeciency, because the target will be bigger means more goals.
+ More headers.
+ More open space for Benz (left) and Higuain (right) to expose. Those two alone will open space for ronaldo to run at CB's at full speed like messi does, but ronaldo is stronger, bigger and badder lol.
That was initial idea behind the thought. CR7 is an athletic monster if he adapts to CF role, he'd be a monster Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 am

I could see CR as a targetman for sure, he's somewhat tall and strong and has a great shot as well as being able to jump really high, as for false 9, I don't think he would do as well, Benzema should be your false 9.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:12 am

SuperMAG wrote:I really hope someone else also see someting in my other Ramos as DM/CM idea, cuz its as great as this.
I saw Ramos' passing qualities, he is capable of through balls and crosses but cannot cross on the run as fullback. We don't need him as DM imo, Khedira is better overall than him in that regard.Pepe is even better of a sweeper than Ramos. Instead of moving Ramos into DM you could move Pepe there and let Ramos take his place at CB Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:14 am

Lionel Messi wrote:I could see CR as a targetman for sure, he's somewhat tall and strong and has a great shot as well as being able to jump really high, as for false 9, I don't think he would do as well, Benzema should be your false 9.
I don't want him as false 9. He could be as effective as a false 9 but in a different way. CBs will stay deep and close to him ( he's fast and strong), it makes tons of space for others. Targetmen are usually big, slow and less technical, CR7 is the opposite. You can't outmuscle him easily either. When Ozil or Di Maria cross he instantly positions himself properly into free space to head. All qualities you need from a CF... Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:37 am

only problem with this is cr7 doesnt wanna play cf. that and benzema can convert chances more efficient than cr7. but then again cr7 owns benz in aerial game but its a matter of whether mou can force cr7 to play cf or not.

like the idea, though i still feel benz shud be the cf but nvm that.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:53 am

I hate it when people talk about playing a false 9 for the sake of playing a false 9, because it's the "cool thing to do".

Ronaldo as a pure target man would be great, probably never going to happen though. If you think about it, a simple CR7/Benz position switch could possibly make Madrid's attack more effective.

CR7
Benzema-Ozil-Di Maria

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 am

CR7 as a false 9 is not a good idea though.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:CR7 as a false 9 is not a good idea though.
We don't need him as false 9, we could use his penetrating athletism as a big, fat d!ck he is on the pitch :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:10 pm

The idea of CR7 as a CF would be even more appealing with the arrival of Neymar.

-------------------------CR7---------------------------

Neymar---------------Ozil---------------Benz/maria

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Why not, he would score even more
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Besides, most of his goals last season were from headers/set-pieces/tap ins, so it would make sense to have him as a target man.

However I'd rather we didn't play with a target man.

Hopefully we end up signing Neymar.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:03 pm

agreed. atleast against farca I would prefer him to play upfront just like he did in the cope del rey final.

Also for the future Neymar could probably take his left spot and as he gets older. The central position might fit ronaldo even better later on since he will start losing speed in a few years but still maintain or gain strength.

To start playing him more frequently at the center forward more and more would make sense. Who knows maybe he can improve his game.

But for now I would prefer him on the left wing, atleast when he is not playing against farca Twisted Evil since he is still faster than most players out there and will be for 1-2 more years
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 pm

I always play him as a CF in FIFA 11. Give him a deep lying ball or just hoof the ball he will always be the first one to catch it Very Happy
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:56 pm

I am bumping this thread because Ronaldo has played as a CF when all our players were forward. He's a great great poacher. I really don't care if his goals are tap-ins, let the haters hate.

Now with the the transfer window closing and Adebayor not transferring to us was a blessing.

I would love for Ronaldo to go to the CF position more often and make Benz the SS, it works for both. It wasn't the lack of determination from Benz that didn't let him score yesterday but it was Ronaldo who was the go to guy to pass to for a goal.

I read this article in realmadridfootballblog and this picture summed up our attack Very Happy

We don't need a targetman! CR7 for CF 2011-08-29%252520RM%252520Formation

Ronaldo for CF ftw!
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down