izzy
Jay29
Sir Psycho
RED
RealGunner
Abramovich
14 posters

Go down

Allardyce: "It'll be hard for the FA to ignore me for England job" Empty Allardyce: "It'll be hard for the FA to ignore me for England job"

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:23 pm

The brutal reality of West Ham’s demise was evident when one man and his dog turned up to listen to Sam Allardyce’s pre-match media briefing.

In fact, only one camera crew attended the media conference for the high ­profile derby against ­Millwall bringing into stark reality life outside of top-flight football.

Last season the Hammers couldn’t keep out of the news for all the wrong ­reasons as the disastrous reign of Avram Grant sent the club hurtling towards eventual relegation.

Yet this is a club that posted the fourth highest ­attendance in English football two weeks ago and has a database of supporters fast exceeding one million.

Getting back into the Premier League is the ­challenge Allardyce ­accepted in the summer. And big Sam is typically forthright when he assesses his club’s tilt for the top flight.

He said: “I thrive under pressure and I said when I came here if I don’t deliver promotion in two seasons I expect to get sacked.

“In fact, co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold won’t have to sack me ­because I’d tender my ­resignation and say its right to part company anyway.

“If I don’t deliver on what I said, it’s only right I go. I think it puts everything into perspective when you have a club the size of West Ham in the Championship, a club with more support than a great deal of Premier League clubs.

“So it’s sobering when you walk out into an empty press conference and there is little or no coverage in the media.

“It’s just a further demonstration of the wealth and ­immense power of the Premier League. It’s as if life doesn’t exist outside the top-flight.

“A normal Premier League press conference will last nearly an hour and a half. Here it’s over in ten minutes.

“But that’s all the more reason why you want to get back into the Premier League.

“The opportunity to succeed at West Ham is far greater than what would have been on offer from a Premier League club. The sad thing is people think I’m a good lad to take on to save a football club from relegation, not to build a club to be successful.

“But I have that here. I have the owners in David ­Sullivan and David Gold (above) who won’t rest until real success arrives at this club and are confident I’m the man to deliver it.”

Allardyce refuses to rule out being a contender for the ­England job when it becomes vacant after Euro 2012.

He explained: “If I’m ­successful at West Ham, why not? If that’s the case I think it would prove hard for the FA to ignore me.

“But I wouldn’t ever want to be seen as disrespectful in the eyes of the West Ham supporters. I would hope they would give me a break if England comes calling.”

No wonder he rejected Inter's offer :bow:

Back to top Go down

Allardyce: "It'll be hard for the FA to ignore me for England job" Empty Re: Allardyce: "It'll be hard for the FA to ignore me for England job"

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Lol he can do one.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Allardyce: "It'll be hard for the FA to ignore me for England job" Empty Re: Allardyce: "It'll be hard for the FA to ignore me for England job"

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:26 pm

I can see the WC in our sight already.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:29 pm

He is so deluded lol. He also said that he could manage Real Madrid too lulz!

I don't really take anything he says serious.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Why does he usually have blue-tooth (or some sort of earpiece) in his ear while on the touchline?
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm

If the F.A. want an English manager then Allardyce would be on the list be default, really. Not like there are many candidates to choose from:

Harry Redknapp
Roy Hodgson
Neil Warnock

...anyone else?

Fingers crossed the F.A. do the right thing here. Neutral

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Neil Warnock is one of the biggest pricks out there. I actually dislike him more than Allardyce.

Hodgson deserves the job :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Go On Big Sam.

England Dominance for Generations under him. :king:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Why doesn't he just get his pal Fergie to have a word :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:If the F.A. want an English manager then Allardyce would be on the list be default, really. Not like there are many candidates to choose from:

Harry Redknapp
Roy Hodgson
Neil Warnock

...anyone else?

Fingers crossed the F.A. do the right thing here. Neutral

Holloway?

Would do much greater job than those dinosaurs and we would actually play decent football and youth would be given a chance.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Holloway?

Would do much greater job than those dinosaurs and we would actually play decent football and youth would be given a chance.

*bleep* Off.

Big Sam managed the Toon FFS, do you know what the Big man is capable of? :king:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 pm

izzy26 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Holloway?

*bleep* Off.

Big Sam managed the Toon FFS, do you know what the Big man is capable of? :king:

Pardew > Big Flop
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 pm

A few more names I had forgotten:

Alan Pardew
Stuart Pearce
Tony Adams
Alan Curbishley
Peter Reid
Alan Shearer
John Barnes

Not looking good, guys.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Should try to get Hiddink, he will be free after summer
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 pm

:lol!: England.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:45 pm

This guy has gone from a butthurt to delirious.That's what happens when you lie to yourself to ease the butthurt.

So I guess...Mike Ashley can be defined as having raped and psychologically abused him.

Hopefully that is enough so that he can go to jail and Newcastle can get a new owner.

This is how you see the positives in a sad story.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 am

ragbirjosh wrote:This guy has gone from a butthurt to delirious.That's what happens when you lie to yourself to ease the butthurt.

So I guess...Mike Ashley can be defined as having raped and psychologically abused him.

Hopefully that is enough so that he can go to jail and Newcastle can get a new owner.

This is how you see the positives in a sad story.

I like your way of thinking Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

Owen Coyle the new england manager, afterall Ireland is almost England
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:17 am

Good god I hate this man.

He is the archetype of whats wrong with English football philosophy as he wants all his players to play football in the most physical, rough and aggressive manner and completely neglects team play and individual skill.

Basically he would've been a better rugby manager.

If he can manage england why did he fail at newcastle and blackburn?

Hughton, Pardew, Coyle, and Holloway would all be 47427 times better.

Allardyce: "It'll be hard for the FA to ignore me for England job" Bigsam-717303
"I should manage Manchester Y'anited"
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Why do people think that having an English manager will be good for us? We don't fail at tournaments because the foreign managers aren't any good, it's because the team is terrible. Get any manager you want, English or not and we still wont win anything because other teams are better than us.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down