RedOranje
Le Samourai
iftikhar
McAgger
Art Morte
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 pm

I hear what Ifty's saying, but I'd start Bellamy. Sub him off soon after HT if needed, but I'd like him in all his nastyness get a start here.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1

Post by iftikhar Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Art Morte wrote:I hear what Ifty's saying, but I'd start Bellamy. Sub him off soon after HT if needed, but I'd like him in all his nastyness get a start here.

Ok, then I want Bellamy & Suarez behind Kuyt with Adam as AM and Lucas & Jay in CM.

Replacing Bellamy with Carroll & Adam with Gerrard after HT.

I really liked Bellamy. How was he in last match!!! Did he look fit!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:22 am

I'd start Carroll in this match, his physicality will help us on set pieces and give us more options up against what is likely to be a determined and rough 5-man defense (with either 3 CBs, Rodwell man-marking Suarez or a very, VERY deep DM). A derby like this is the perfect stage for Carroll to play the hero and get things rolling for himself.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Tim Cahill has been declared fit for the match.So i think Saha might be their only doubt fitness.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:23 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Tim Cahill has been declared fit for the match.So i think Saha might be their only doubt fitness.

If Saha is out, that will be immense for us as he usually is quite good against the Liverpool backline.

Cahill? Despite his recent decline, I still feel he is a threat to us. His aerial threat MUST be suppressed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:27 pm

So gutteddddd..

Agger out for both the most important fixtures in the season.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm

If Cahill is fit does that change anyone's starting XI? Would Coates be a better option to negate the aerially threat Cahill creates?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm

I'm going to be honest. I'm all for Jamie getting benched, as he is a liability in the backline but we DO need him in this game.

Oh, and have Carroll play. He's the only one that can match Fellaini in defensive set pieces.

Cahill on the other hand, believe it or not, I'll probably just go with Skrtel in outfield play. Kuyt for set pieces maybe?

And please, no Henderson and Downing. We need Bellamy's and Kuyt's passion in this game.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Downing would be able to add the type of supply from wide, and the partnership with Enrique, that could be necessary for unlocking a stubborn Everton defense. Also, I think Downing could have a go at Baines and keep him pinned back. Bellamy would likely cut inside, giving Baines freedom to get forward.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:38 pm

When did Baines turn right back?

Serious question, I hardly ever watch Everton.

And, Bellamy may cut in from time to time, but he links up so well with Suarez. He's fight for the club would also be influencial to the guys that are playing in their first derby for the club. I see a lot of dirty tackles happening, and Bellamy will be able to fight them off. I don't know why but I could just see Downing struggle after foul after foul after foul.

And Craig is awesome. Has a lot of fire in him. ;D
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Bellamy has played one game with Suarez... hardly enough to be making such a claim on. We don't want players fighting as that leads to red cards. Given Bellamy's injury record in the past few seasons I really do not see him as the ideal player to field from the start in a game where we're expecting a great deal of hard tackles.

Also, Downing has played at RW a fair amount for us so far this season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Lot of people are thinking or implying that Downing isn't the kind of guy for such games. It's really sad because he along with Enrique has been our best performers thus far this season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:47 am

RedOranje wrote:Bellamy has played one game with Suarez... hardly enough to be making such a claim on. We don't want players fighting as that leads to red cards. Given Bellamy's injury record in the past few seasons I really do not see him as the ideal player to field from the start in a game where we're expecting a great deal of hard tackles.

Also, Downing has played at RW a fair amount for us so far this season.

He hasn't been that effective on the right wing though. Sure he's had some moments, but he is best played on the left. Kuyt should play on the right. He'd close down Baines way more efficient than Downing and/or Henderson.

And, it may have been one game with the Bellamy and Suarez, but they looked very well suited to each other. They also had a great set of play against Stoke. They both have the winning mentality, and have the ability to produce up front.

The injury record may be true, but he is built enough to push off a tackle etc.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:13 am

Reina
Kelly - Carra - Skrtel - Enrique
Lucas - Spearing
Kuyt - Suarez - Downing
Carroll

That'd be my starting XI against Everton. Bring on Bellamy and Gerrard in the second half as necessary.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 am

Ifthikar; well said, while downing hasn't exactly wowed us with tricks, flicks and goals, his consistency, intelligence and versatility on field has discreetly improved our flow of play. I'm glad you pointed this out.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:25 pm

OH BABY!

Agger is back and available!!
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Nishank wrote:OH BABY!

Nish, you always bring the good news. Thats why your the man.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Nishank wrote:OH BABY!

i thought they were saying up to a month???
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:36 pm

stevieg8 wrote:

i thought they were saying up to a month???

Kenny Dalglish today confirmed Daniel Agger has resumed training following injury.

The Denmark centre-back sustained a fractured rib in the defeat at Tottenham Hotspur on September 18, but trained alongside his teammates at Melwood on Thursday ahead of the weekend clash with Everton.

Dalglish also revealed Glen Johnson is edging closer to a first-team return after a hamstring problem.

The boss told his pre-match press conference: "Daniel Agger is back training today and Glen Johnson is on his way as well.

"Everybody else has trained fully."

Maybe not totally fit, But at least we won't play United without this guy. <3

Last edited by Nishank on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 pm

For this week let us all remember the words of our greatest Manager Bill Shankly. . .

“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”

LEGEND :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:42 am

A derby. Should be great to watch
Prediciton Line up: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Adam, Lucas, Drowning, Kuyt, Surarez.
Carroll and Gerrard will come on some time in the second half.
3-1, Liverpools way. Good luck Liverpool!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 am

Don't think we'll start with 10... no reason to give them a man advantage before the cards even start coming.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

It looks likely that it will be Skrtel and Carra starting as this combination is definitely not one of my favorites.

Cahill is deemed fit as he along with Fellaini are the players I fear most within this particular match
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:20 am

RedOranje wrote:
Reina
Lucas - Spearing
Kuyt - Suarez - Downing
Carroll

That'd be my starting XI against Everton. Bring on Bellamy and Gerrard in the second half as necessary.

I'd like to see that, with Bellamy for Downing but I do see Adam starting. :S

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:22 am

Arquitecto wrote:It looks likely that it will be Skrtel and Carra starting as this combination is definitely not one of my favorites.

Cahill is deemed fit as he along with Fellaini are the players I fear most within this particular match

Carra's been the main reason of our defensive issues. Skrtel has only had one bad game against Spurs this season, where he had to play the fastest man in the league in an unnatural position. He's REALLY underrated... Saying that, Jamie always performs against Everton, so I don't see it too much of an issue.

I'm just scared Adam is going to do something stupid and let Lucas do it all in the middle.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Reina
Lucas - Spearing
Kuyt - Suarez - Downing
Carroll

Totally agree. Thumbs up

This match will most likely be won in the midfield. We need players who are willing to battle and work their hearts out for the club, while also maintaining some composure and an even temper. Kuyt, Lucas, Spearing and Downing give us that core to build off of. Moreover, Lucas and Spearing have shown a great understanding to police the midfield and distribute the ball forward. Kuyt and Suarez have also shown a great chemistry, while Downing has been playing balls to Carroll that he really should be finishing. (If he can build upon his performance against Wolves, I believe he WILL finish.) To have Bellamy, Gerrard and even Adam providing the spark off the bench will be an incredible advantage.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next