Go down

How things have changed Empty How things have changed

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Some pictures ten years on

How things have changed September-11-ten-years

How things have changed Scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=dw2f

How things have changed Terror_spending_chart

Our debt

How things have changed Kleptocracy-us-15_trillion_dollars-15000000000000_usd1-1

Colin Powell, the former US secretary of state, has said he regrets providing misleading intelligence that led the US to invade Iraq, believing it had weapons of mass destruction.

Powell, the first secretary of state in the administration of George W. Bush, the former US president, which declared war on Iraq in 2003, told Al Jazeera on the 10th anniversary of the worst terror attacks on US soil that the information was a "blot on my record".

"It turned out, as we discovered later, that a lot of sources that had been attested to by the intelligence community were wrong," Powell said in Washington, DC.

"I understood the consequences of that failure and, as I said, I deeply regret that the information - some of the information, not all of it - was wrong," said the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/09/20119116916873488.html

Halliburton stock

NYSE:HAL

How things have changed Okdc2w

Paul Krugman

September 11, 2011, 8:41 AM
The Years of Shame
Is it just me, or are the 9/11 commemorations oddly subdued?

Actually, I don’t think it’s me, and it’s not really that odd.

What happened after 9/11 — and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not — was deeply shameful. Te atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons.

A lot of other people behaved badly. How many of our professional pundits — people who should have understood very well what was happening — took the easy way out, turning a blind eye to the corruption and lending their support to the hijacking of the atrocity?

The memory of 9/11 has been irrevocably poisoned; it has become an occasion for shame. And in its heart, the nation knows it.

I’m not going to allow comments on this post, for obvious reasons.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/11/the-years-of-shame/?smid=tw-NytimesKrugman&seid=auto

Now the sheeple want bigger government, want the FED to have the biggest balance sheet ever, want socialized medicine, get screened naked by tsa if not then they can opt to be groped by them, government wire taps, want to borrow all the money in the world from china, approve legalized torture, default on their homes as the jobs they dont have cant even pay the interest all this while their life savings are completely eroded by inflation.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down