El Chelsea Fuerte
Sushi Master
Swanhends
McAgger
pUsHa
Amar
13 posters

Go down

Possible Threat Against The U.S. Empty Possible Threat Against The U.S.

Post by Amar Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 am

U.S. authorities are scrambling to sort through information that the CIA developed in the past 24 hours indicating that at least three individuals entered the U.S. in August by air with the intent to launch a vehicle-borne attack against Washington, D.C. or New York around the anniversary of 9/11, according to intelligence officials.

Officials say the alleged terror plot was initiated by new al Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's successor.

Intelligence and law enforcement officials told ABC News that at least one of the individuals is a U.S. citizen and one official said that two of the individuals may have had U.S. documentation -- whether green cards or passports was unclear.

The threat was described as specific and credible by federal officials. At a Thursday evening press conference, New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg said the NYPD was already on alert because the anniversary is seen by terrorist as an opportune time to strike,a nd would be deploying additional resources around the city. He also said that the threat "has not been corroborated. It is credible, but it has not been corroborated."

"Al Qaeda has shown an interest in important dates and anniversaries. In this instance it is accurate that there is credible, specific but unconfirmed information," said FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the New York office, Janet Fedarcyk.

Although authorities said they had not yet identified the suspects, they are looking at multiple names of individuals who entered the U.S. after mid-August. The operatives are believed to have embarked on their journey to the U.S. from the tribal areas of Pakistan, according to two senior officials. One official said the route may have taken them through Dubai.

The information on the plot was "very specific " said one official, adding " It seems like the information has been worked for a while." A second and third official confirmed the specifics of the possible plot added that a declassified bulletin is expected to be issued shortly.

Multiple sources say that federal authorities will send a bulletin to law enforcement tonight. The threat, one official told ABC News, is credible. Now authorities are making every effort to confirm it and to hunt down any plotters.

Initially, one of those officials added that at least two rental trucks -- one from Penske and one from Budget -- were being sought nationwide. Those trucks have since been recovered and appear to have had no connection to the plotters.

The threat information was obtained recently and originated from overseas sources -- Pakistan, according to one official.

According to a White House official, "The President was briefed on this specific threat information this morning and has been updated on it throughout the day. The United States government has already significantly enhanced its security posture in advance of the 9/11 anniversary to protect the country against possible terrorist threats. Nevertheless, the President directed the counterterrorism community to redouble its efforts in response to this credible but unconfirmed information."

Bloomberg just spoke at a press conference and said there will be increased security and more bomb sniffing dogs about for the next while.

Hopefully this is all sorted out, cause it would be dreadful if there's another attack on the anniversary of 9/11
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Possible Threat Against The U.S. Empty Re: Possible Threat Against The U.S.

Post by pUsHa Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:30 am

They want to bomb themselves again !? And blame another country as a reason for invading them ? Old Stuff ... :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:54 am

It's depressing really.....It just makes all the Muslims lives shit in the US.....If an attack happens, it indirectly affects all Muslims in the US.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:13 am

blah blah blah

media hype and fear mongering...same old same old

September 11th is the least likely day of the year for there to be a successful terrorist attack, by a massive margin...

people give terrorists far too much credit...300 million people in this country, and they haven't been able to get one SINGLE person to make some shitty explosive device and set it off in a subway or on a bridge in 10 YEARS? Either they are a bunch of incompetent imbeciles or our national security agencies FAR exceed what we generally assume them to be capable of

Every fking year we have to deal with this nonsense..."OMG ITS SEPTEMBER 11TH EVERYONE LOOK OUT!!"

Why the f*ck would they attack us on the ONE day just about everyone and their mothers are expecting it? Nostalgia? give me a break ffs

Also the "patriot" act is unconstitutional and should be heavily amended. :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:43 am

Terrorists are inherently very frakking stupid people. I mean who puts explosives in their underwear. The only successful attacks are suicide ones. All the rest can, will and are being stopped.

If there really were such a critical alert, the last thing that would be done is to spread the news to the public, anyways.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:03 am

US has killed more civilians to Iraq, Afghnaistan, Japan, etc then these terrorist groups ever have.

Just saying.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:48 am

english_jewel wrote:US has killed more civilians to Iraq, Afghnaistan, Japan, etc then these terrorist groups ever have.

Just saying.
Seeing as that really is not directly related with the OP this is a warning for trolling.

Just saying.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:54 am

RedOranje wrote:
english_jewel wrote:US has killed more civilians to Iraq, Afghnaistan, Japan, etc then these terrorist groups ever have.

Just saying.
Seeing as that really is not directly related with the OP this is a warning for trolling.

Just saying.

-_-
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:19 am

I hate Al Qaeda... Apart from being a violent terrorist group, they give us a bad image and only increase the hate between people.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:35 am

I wouldnt listen to the CIA even after death ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:43 am

Messiakanino wrote:It's depressing really.....It just makes all the Muslims lives shit in the US.....If an attack happens, it indirectly affects all Muslims in the US.
I was just about to say that. I mean ive been to the U.S 3 times so it isn't like i'm not going to get the visa anymore(I have a 5 year visa to the u.s) but my father told me that before 9/11 it was way easier for muslims to go into the u.s. Discrimination against muslims will only get bigger as long as these *bleep* idiots are still alive.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:47 am

Milanfan7 wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:It's depressing really.....It just makes all the Muslims lives shit in the US.....If an attack happens, it indirectly affects all Muslims in the US.
I was just about to say that. I mean vie been to the U.S 3 times so it isn't like i'm not going to get the visa anymore(I have a 5 year visa to the u.s) but my father told me that before 9/11 it was way easier for muslims to go into the u.s. Discrimination against muslims will only get bigger as long as these *bleep* idiots are still alive.

You still didnt figure that this is what the power from USA seeks ?
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:00 am

pUsHa wrote:
Milanfan7 wrote:
I was just about to say that. I mean vie been to the U.S 3 times so it isn't like i'm not going to get the visa anymore(I have a 5 year visa to the u.s) but my father told me that before 9/11 it was way easier for muslims to go into the u.s. Discrimination against muslims will only get bigger as long as these *bleep* idiots are still alive.

Sure,and armstrong didn't and on the moon. :coffee:
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:05 am

Milanfan7 wrote:
pUsHa wrote:
Milanfan7 wrote:

Sure,and armstrong didn't and on the moon. :coffee:

no ones ever been to the moon before so wat u sarcastically said is actually true.
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:23 am

RedOranje wrote:

Just saying.

Just saying.

It just seemed hypocritical to me that here these senior US officials are threatening the world that those bad guys are going to murder innocent civilians again, when you have to question whether what the US are doing in other countries is of noble nature too.

Apologizes for bringing that up.

Last edited by english_jewel on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:26 am; edited 3 times in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:38 am

pUsHa wrote:They want to bomb themselves again !? And blame another country as a reason for invading them ? Old Stuff ... :coffee:

are you insinuating that 9-11 was an inside job?
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:30 am

Good God. You flatter the U.S. too much with these conspiracy theories. The U.S. government is cursed with a huge number of morons that any conspiracy of the sizes suggested in the moon landing and 9/11 are completely impossible. Or do you think there are invisible Jews and ghosts and goblins helping them.

Take this as a rule of thumb, large countries/corporations are handicapped by their own size. For frak's sake, it has been 3 years now and they still can't get their heads out of their asses and actually do something to save their economy.

On topic. I am a Muslim American citizen (born there only) who came into the U.S. 21 August. I came through Dubai and am currently staying in New York. OH CRAP THE FBI IS SO GOING TO PROB ME.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down