Post by poolsupporter Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:45 am

We had a couple of really good chances to finish that game off. Sad

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Raul Meireles - Page 2 Empty Re: Raul Meireles

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:18 am

The 28-year-old midfielder ensured he did not switch clubs to get a better contract and indicated he wants to win titles at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles has declared he did not choose to leave Liverpool for a bigger salary.

The Portugal international signed for Chelsea in the very last hour of the transfer window for an undisclosed fee after just one season at Anfield.

Meireles had become a fans' favourite at Liverpool, but he wanted out after the the club's summer rebuilding programme pushed him to a peripheral role.

The former Porto midfielder said he cannot give out all the details about his decision yet, but stated his transfer was not money driven.

"These are things that happen in football. I can only say good things about Liverpool, it was a fantastic year," he told RTPN.

"People think I am a Judas and that it was because of the money. It was not because of that, I will explain it later, things are still fresh.

"It all happened very fast. I am not the only one to blame for my exit from Liverpool, but I will never stop loving the club and I have great friends there."

Meireles conceded that coach Andre Villas-Boas played an important role in the move and added he hopes to claim silverware with his new team.

"I was very happy with his interest in my signature. The most important thing is to give my all every time and try to help Chelsea win titles."

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:26 am

One of the best build-up plays in the HISTORY of the game not to finish in a goal.....It's Aquilani, Gerrard, and Kuyt doing the passing .....is Mascherano the crosser?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Yes. It's Mascherano.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Sepi wrote:
The 28-year-old midfielder ensured he did not switch clubs to get a better contract and indicated he wants to win titles at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles has declared he did not choose to leave Liverpool for a bigger salary.

The Portugal international signed for Chelsea in the very last hour of the transfer window for an undisclosed fee after just one season at Anfield.

Meireles had become a fans' favourite at Liverpool, but he wanted out after the the club's summer rebuilding programme pushed him to a peripheral role.

The former Porto midfielder said he cannot give out all the details about his decision yet, but stated his transfer was not money driven.

"These are things that happen in football. I can only say good things about Liverpool, it was a fantastic year," he told RTPN.

"People think I am a Judas and that it was because of the money. It was not because of that, I will explain it later, things are still fresh.

"It all happened very fast. I am not the only one to blame for my exit from Liverpool, but I will never stop loving the club and I have great friends there."

Meireles conceded that coach Andre Villas-Boas played an important role in the move and added he hopes to claim silverware with his new team.

"I was very happy with his interest in my signature. The most important thing is to give my all every time and try to help Chelsea win titles."

Interesting article. I'm curious to know the other details that he doesn't want to disclose at this time. I have to say that while the article wants to focus on his statement about winning titles (which every player that ever moves between rival clubs says immediately following the transfer), Rauls quotes were very complementary to LFC. It's difficult to hate him after he's come out and said this.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:14 pm

It just makes no sense. Based on the starts to the season, there is no reason to believe Chelsea has a better chance of winning the league than us. However, with AVB and CL football, it is a little more understandable.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:04 am

Are his wages higher than they were with us?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:22 am

His wages are higher, yes. Especially since he was refused the raise he thought he was getting.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:05 am

Not to be mean to liverpool but our recent history could sway players away from liverpool.

However, I will not be surprised to see liverpool finish above us this year,
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2