Serie A players reiterate strike threat !

+4
The Franchise
mezzogiornese
Arquitecto
JuvenelCuore
8 posters

Go down

Serie A players reiterate strike threat ! Empty Serie A players reiterate strike threat !

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 am

The Italian Players' association (AIC) have warned they will follow their Spanish counterparts in striking unless a new collective contract is signed before the start of the Serie A season this weekend.

Last week, the opening weekend of fixtures in La Liga were suspended after negotiations between players and clubs regarding wage guarantees collapsed.

And Serie A could be heading in the same direction after representatives from all 20 Serie A clubs met on Monday to reaffirm their demand for the league to sign a new agreement.

"We reiterate our position,'' players' association president Damiano Tommasi said. "If the contract is signed, we will play on Saturday or Sunday. Otherwise, we will stay at home. There is time as on Wednesday the league will meet.''

The AIC said the league has still not signed an agreement reached with the players last year after intense negotiations, during which strikes were twice narrowly averted. An old collective agreement expired at the end of the 2009-10 campaign and talks for its renewal continued throughout last season.

The AIC was especially unhappy about clubs trying to force players to move in the last year of their contracts.

It has been a long time waiting since May, honestly hope this does not happen because I cannot wait.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Serie A players reiterate strike threat ! Empty Re: Serie A players reiterate strike threat !

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:47 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
The Italian Players' association (AIC) have warned they will follow their Spanish counterparts in striking unless a new collective contract is signed before the start of the Serie A season this weekend.

Last week, the opening weekend of fixtures in La Liga were suspended after negotiations between players and clubs regarding wage guarantees collapsed.

And Serie A could be heading in the same direction after representatives from all 20 Serie A clubs met on Monday to reaffirm their demand for the league to sign a new agreement.

"We reiterate our position,'' players' association president Damiano Tommasi said. "If the contract is signed, we will play on Saturday or Sunday. Otherwise, we will stay at home. There is time as on Wednesday the league will meet.''

The AIC said the league has still not signed an agreement reached with the players last year after intense negotiations, during which strikes were twice narrowly averted. An old collective agreement expired at the end of the 2009-10 campaign and talks for its renewal continued throughout last season.

The AIC was especially unhappy about clubs trying to force players to move in the last year of their contracts.

It has been a long time waiting since May, honestly hope this does not happen because I cannot wait.

Quite sad.

I guess the only good thing for me is that this will mean Ibra will start against Cagliari and Taiwo's will make it for more games.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Serie A players reiterate strike threat ! Empty Re: Serie A players reiterate strike threat !

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:49 am

Taiwo may be injured after being destroyed by Juventus ! Milosh. <3

But it is very sad, but at the same time I do not understand what players have to complain about.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:54 am

They should play the youth teams instead.

I think footballers striking is pretty daft, they aren't exactly bad jobs where you are demeaned every day and your boss isn't paying you.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 am

mezzogiornese wrote:They should play the youth teams instead.

I think footballers striking is pretty daft, they aren't exactly bad jobs where you are demeaned every day and your boss isn't paying you.

Exactly. I mean, I would love to have a job where I would wake up every morning and have fun.

They should play youth teams, stick it to the veterans and tell them to get their act together or they will have players who want to play replace them.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:30 am

mezzogiornese wrote:They should play the youth teams instead.

From what I understand, they are striking because they want the right to leave clubs who dont pay their wages for 3 months. That to me seems pretty fair.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 am

We survived a week without football, you Serie A fans can as well.

Anyway in the end they will have to comply with the players, who really aren't asking for much. Without the players their is no football.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Galliani said they are willing to let them strike forever lol

Let Ibra, Mexes, Taiwo and the Pharaoh be 100%, then we can start the league:) Also Aquilani should come

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
But it is very sad, but at the same time I do not understand what players have to complain about.

In Italy, I think it was about the players' rights to train with the squad and something else, too.
I think that's a valid reason to complain. Just because your manager doesn't fancy choosing you for games shouldn't put you out of the trainings.

The Franchise wrote:
From what I understand, they are striking because they want the right to leave clubs who dont pay their wages for 3 months. That to me seems pretty fair.

Yeah, I agree. That's really starting to hinder your earning if you cannot terminate your contract even if you don't get paid for 3 months.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

You can't live in this world without money mate.
No wages = No party.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down