punkfusion1992
ErPupone
poolsupporter
Albiceleste
Adit
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best defender of each team last season Empty Best defender of each team last season

Post by Adit Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:03 am

Chelsea-terry
ManU-Vidic
RMAD-Arbeloa
Barcelona-Abidal
Milan-Abate :study: (silva)
Inter-?
Arsenal-Djorou
Tottenham-Dawson
Liverpool-?
Roma-Juan

Very Happy
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Best defender of each team last season Empty Re: Best defender of each team last season

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:05 am

Silva >>>>>>>>>>>> Abate

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Best defender of each team last season Empty Re: Best defender of each team last season

Post by Adit Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:06 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Silva >>>>>>>>>>>> Abate
i believe there is a thing called sarcasm in my post Very Happy
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:07 am

Liverpool:

I'd put down Carragher just for his consistency throughout the season.

Skrtel seems to run hot and cold, but was performing very well once Kenny and Steve Clarke came on.

Agger is always good when he plays. Unfortunately he just doesn't play enough to warrant a best defender title.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:09 am

poolsupporter wrote:Liverpool:

Skrtel seems to run hot and cold, but was performing very well once Kenny and Steve Clarke came on.

Agger is always good when he plays. Unfortunately he just doesn't play enough to warrant a best defender title.
i did watch most of the pool matches but no one stood out amazing for me in the last season. Shocked

Last edited by Adit on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fucking)
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 am

Adit wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:Liverpool:

i did watch most of the pool matches but no one stood out amazing for me in the last season. Shocked

That is obviously your opinion. Then again, you are the one who asked to name the best defender on your team last season.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:12 am

Adit wrote:
i believe there is a thing called sarcasm in my post Very Happy
Oh sorry didn't recognize it all I saw was the "study" emoticon. scratch

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:12 am

Juan had a rough season for us, he really struggled with form and fitness. He only started to play well near the end of the season and the same could be said about Burdisso. I would go with Mexes who was playing great until that injury hit him which ended his season early. As for consistency, Cassetti gets it; he was useful throughout the season and maintained a decent form throughout.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:13 am

I think Puyol or Mascherano should get defender of the season for Barca since we have not lost a game with Puyol at the back and Mascherano has been excellent filling in a position that he has never played.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:14 am

Pepe-Real Madrid
well there is Carvalho too but I still say, Pepe won us the Copa and is prolly the better of the 2
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 am

Bayern-....... Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:18 am

Lionel Messi wrote:I think Puyol or Mascherano should get defender of the season for Barca since we have not lost a game with Puyol at the back and Mascherano has been excellent filling in a position that he has never played.
puyol was injured out for quarter of the season and some big matches,hard to ignore that..so was abidal but his consistency just beats every other defenders imo.Mash doesnt deserves to be in this thread.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 am

Sushi Master wrote:Bayern-....... Laughing
i didnt write because simply i cant think about any and i dont watch bayern matches consistently to be honest.how did lahm performed ?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:21 am

Adit wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:I think Puyol or Mascherano should get defender of the season for Barca since we have not lost a game with Puyol at the back and Mascherano has been excellent filling in a position that he has never played.
puyol was injured out for quarter of the season and some big matches,hard to ignore that..so was abidal but his consistency just beats every other defenders imo.Mash doesnt deserves to be in this thread.
"Mash" certainly gets a shout, he was quality all through out the season.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 am

the truth is dani alves has been the best defender in the last 3 seasons.unfortunately people consider him more of a winger.

so its tricky,if you are focussing on the defensive work only then abidal but if you say the best among our back four its always alves.
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:24 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Adit wrote:

well he struggled in the first half and he was a card whore throw out this season-hard to ignore.He was nothing better than a decent fill up imo.

Last edited by Adit on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 am

Someone obviously doesn't watch Milan... :coffee:
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:30 am

Adit wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Bayern-....... Laughing
i didnt write because simply i cant think about any and i dont watch bayern matches consistently to be honest.how did lahm performed ?
Decently, but nowhere near his standards. The whole Bayern defense was a travesty, I can understand you not picking anyone.

Alves was consistently a beast, while Masch started to shine only after being put as CB.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:30 am

Adit wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Adit wrote:

well he did struggled in the first half and he was a ard whore throw out this season-hard to ignore.He was nothing better than a decent fill up imo.
I can barely read your first sentence let alone understand it. Mascherano has been quality especially for fulfilling an unknown and new position and role, he started in many important games including the CL final and has saved Barcelona many times.

Alves hasn't been the best defensively but has been our best player that qualifies as a defender by far.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:41 am

For Liverpool Glen Johnson has been pretty good for us this season . If its not about appearances then Agger wins hands down . We had kept 6 cleen sheets in a row at one stage with Agger in the team .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 am

Terry was our best but Cole and Ivanovic did well.

Bayern - Whats a defender?

Dortmund - Hummels.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:02 am

I'd prob say Pepe or Ramos for Real Madrid

Pepe would prob edge it with his performances against Barcelona

Carvalho was good but as the season came to an end he wavered abit and became alot less reliable as he once was.

Also Pepe managed a steal every 9.08 minutes of play (second at Madrid only to Ramos 9.04), which is pretty amazing for a CB.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 am

AC Milan - Silva (Note: Nesta is a close second)

Inter Milan - Lucio was probably the best of a poor bunch

Juventus - Chiellini's influence was halted for quite some time by injuries however he still probably deserves it

Napoli - Either Cannavaro or Maggio deserves this. It's similar to Barcelona where you could award it to Puyol or Alves depending on your outlook. Both deserve mentions.

Roma - Juan's poorest season in a long time, Burdisso was his usual average self, simply slightly better than his partner. Mexes put in the peak performances but was inconsistent and though unfairly at times failed Roma with devastating red cards. Cassetti had his best season for a few years in my eyes, though as with every member of the defence he had his share of appalling displays. Castellini's performances were up and down like everyone else. I'm not going to name an individual as no one stood out in my eyes.

Udinese - Zapata or Isla, similar to the Napoli/Barcelona discussion.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 am

Tumor aside... Abidal was a complete beast during the season playing as a CB.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:12 am

valencia - nobody...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum