Are there any egyptian posters still on here?

4 posters

Go down

Are there any egyptian posters still on here? Empty Are there any egyptian posters still on here?

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am

I remember on the old forum there was a few Egyptian posters & an Egyptian football thread.

did they move across here ?
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Are there any egyptian posters still on here? Empty Re: Are there any egyptian posters still on here?

Post by dostoevsky Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 am

Iceman (Fady) is here and I think I saw Spider here, though I could be wrong. I'm not certain about any others.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Are there any egyptian posters still on here? Empty Re: Are there any egyptian posters still on here?

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 pm

I think it's only 2, Spider and Iceman.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:56 pm

im egyptian
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Ok my question is this for any of the Egyptian posters if you can help me, or any Muslims infact who should read the thread and be able to shed any light.

Do any of you know what Elmo will be doing during Ramadan, will he be observing the fast?.

I was surprised when he managed to play 90 minutes on Saturday.

I read an article about another Muslim player who plays for Middlesbrough. He said during Ramadan he has real problems playing home games, can only manage to play around 20 minutes. But away games didn't bother him as he was allowed to break the fast. How does that work ?

Thinking back I cant remember if Elmo continued to play last season, or if anything was mentioned about it.

Same question about Zidan playing in Germany.

Also in Egypt how does the league work, do they arrange fixtures around Ramadan ?

I suppose it would have been quite difficult for the Egypt u20 players taking party in the u20 world cup if they observed it.

I know not all players choose to observe it, the only time I have heard it mentioned was when Jose seemed to criticise Muntari for it.

But im just wondering about the players in particular I mentioned.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:45 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:
Do any of you know what Elmo will be doing during Ramadan, will he be observing the fast?.

I was surprised when he managed to play 90 minutes on Saturday.

I read an article about another Muslim player who plays for Middlesbrough. He said during Ramadan he has real problems playing home games, can only manage to play around 20 minutes. But away games didn't bother him as he was allowed to break the fast. How does that work ?

For you first question, some players don't fast at all on matchdays, others do. I've heard that Sissoko, Keita (?), Kanoute, and M. Diarra fast every day, including matchdays. Oezil fasts every day but skips matchdays, that's what I heard. So, it depends on Elmo himself if he's going to fast on matchdays or not. But the medical team can assign him with a special diet so he can play as much as possible on matchdays if he decides to fast. M. Diarra went on a similar diet if I remember correctly.

For your second question, Muslims that are travelling aren't obliged to fast on the day that they are travelling, because travelling is often tiring. So when Middelsbrough play an away game, it means they have to travel, so obviously the Muslim player is allowed to break his fast on that day. But he'll have to make up for the days he missed as soon as Ramadan's over.

GyansDancingBoots wrote:Thinking back I cant remember if Elmo continued to play last season, or if anything was mentioned about it.

Same question about Zidan playing in Germany.

Also in Egypt how does the league work, do they arrange fixtures around Ramadan ?

I suppose it would have been quite difficult for the Egypt u20 players taking party in the u20 world cup if they observed it.

I know not all players choose to observe it, the only time I have heard it mentioned was when Jose seemed to criticise Muntari for it.

But im just wondering about the players in particular I mentioned.

I don't know about the Egyptian league, but where I live all games are played at night, so everything goes pretty well. I don't know about the other players you mentioned.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 pm

no there is no egyptian league right now but 2 egyptian clubs compete in african champions league which ends in september and
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down