Marchisio: 'Juventus on the Right Track'

Go down

Marchisio: 'Juventus on the Right Track'  Empty Marchisio: 'Juventus on the Right Track'

Post by Guest Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 20:24

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has voiced his belief that the Turin giants are on the right track with matchday one of the 2011-12 Serie A campaign only three weeks away.

The Turin side have recorded some mixed results during pre-season so far, but Marchisio is quite pleased with the progress they've made.

"In this period, we're all working hard to integrate the ideas of the coach. We're improving day after day, we're on the right track. But we know that there's still much to do before the beginning of the championship," the midfielder said to the Juventus website.

The Italy international then went on to clarify that central midfield is his natural position and that he'd rather not play on the left wing. Marchisio has been used as a winger more than once during pre-season, but prefers a central role.

"The press puts me in so many roles, but I'm really a central midfielder. I've shown it time and time again and I'll continue to prove it, although I can also play on the wing in an emergency situation."

Juventus take on Udinese at the Stadio Friuli on August 28 in their Serie A opener.

Back to top Go down