Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt?

3 posters

Go down

Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt? Empty Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt?

Post by mezzogiornese Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi all,

I was a Liverpool fan when I was a kid and got a signed Liverpool Away shirt for my birthday.

It's signed by the whole team I believe including famous 90's players Owen, Fowler Mac, Redknapp, Babb etc.

I'm selling it like I said because I grew out of liking Liverpool (probably because they started winning more!) Also I lost my part time summer job and have no money and stupidly booked a 2 week holiday to Italy which I have not finished paying for.

It does hold some sentimental value but I think it's time someone who would treasure it can have it. For a decent price of course.

Anyone interested? I can put it on Ebay if you are.

Thanks.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt? Empty Re: Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt?

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:10 am

Alright few questions, can we get a picture, list of all players and a opening bid, plus how do we know it's real?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt? Empty Re: Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt?

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:41 pm

I can get you a picture if you want.

I got it because my dad used to work in a restaurant that one of the directors was a regular customer in.

You can tell it's real just by looking at it.

I'm not sure what it's worth... I'd have to see how much interest here there is before i say what the opening bid will be.

Tried to sell it on ebay before starting at £40 but there was no bids.

If you were a fan in the nineties, obviously it wasnt a very successful team, but there's nostalgia value for sure.

EDIT: I think I have a book somewhere from the same period with info of all the players and their signatures I can throw that in too if I can find it, it'd be a nice touch?

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:04 pm

It's an interesting offer, but I rather buy myself a new LFC jersey soon.
Hopefully you'll get it sold (and your finances in better order in general as well x) ) !
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Here's some pics,

Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt? Livshirt3

Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt? Livshirt2

Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt? Livshirt1

Thanks Morte.

I'm not sure If I know all the names can anyone recognise any of the signatures?

Edit: That didn't seem to work.

There's a slideshow of pics here.

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/f/69/livshirt1.jpg/

Last edited by mezzogiornese on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm

If you can get the actual names of the players, id be really interested, id rather know who signed it then not tbh.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:26 am

I've spent all day trying to scour the house for the book so I can see who its signed by but can't find it anywhere!

Anyway, I can see by googling players names from the era that it is signed by...

Michael Owen
David James
Paul Ince
Murphy
McManaman
Fowler

When looking for the book I found a framed sheet of paper which the whole team signed when they were in the same restaurant as me and my family (EST EST EST in Liverpool on the Docks) And I met them all. A waitress there just asked me who I supported, and when I said Liverpool asking me to come with her. I remember Jamie Redknapp saying to me "Hi, I'm Jamie, nice to meet you" And making small talk with me whilst the team signed . Such a nice bloke, shame about his punditry!

I'm not sure if I'll sell that as it was a very nice memory for me as a 9 or 10 year old boy obsessed with Liverpool FC and Inter Milan. Just signed sheets aren't worth much arent they?

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:55 am

You should grow back into liking LFC :coffee:

I'd love a Fowler "23" jersey though

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:11 pm

I don't think that would happen :p It's not that I don't like Liverpool it's that I don't like the premiership.

Its ruined to me.

I can try to label a picture of the shirt with signatures + links to a source for anyone interested.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:16 pm

mezzogiornese wrote:I don't think that would happen :p It's not that I don't like Liverpool it's that I don't like the premiership.

Its ruined to me.

Ruined, how?
I thought it's being very evenly matched right now, anyone can beat anyone ^^
Probably some other reasons for you, then.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:13 am

The tables opened out but the football's as predictable as ever.

City have really done the damage for me though.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:13 am

yes please
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:02 am

The 1997-1998 team was...

Bjorn Tore Kvarme
Brad Friedel
Danny Murphy
David James
David Thompson
Dominic Matteo
Jamie Carragher
Jamie Redknapp
Jason McAteer
Karl-heinz Riedle
Mark Kennedy
Mark Wright
Michael Owen
Michael Thomas
Neil Ruddock
Oyvind Leonhardsen
Patrick Berger
Paul Ince Paul Ince
Phil Babb
Rob Jones
Robbie Fowler
Steve Harkness
Steve McManaman
Stig Inge Bjornebye

The shirt seems to have 25 signatures on it so I'm assuming the 25th is Roy Evans.

Hope this helps

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 am

wat price you looking at?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:42 am

Ideally I'd want around £150. For the shirt. As I said I'm broke, lost my job and have a holiday booked and a sum of money like that would go a long way for me.

If I sell it to someone off here at least I know it's being appreciated and looked after unlike someone else who might try to sell it on for profit.

EDIT:

Here's the framed signatures from 2000-2001 if anyone's interested. They've left their shirt numbers which is pretty useful for identifying them all.

Any of you lot want a signed late 90's Liverpool Shirt? Livframed

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum