Robespierre
sportsczy
VivaStPauli
Lex
S
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais - Page 5 Empty Re: UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:30 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Thiago is the best midfielder in the world. Whether this is the first time said on this forum or multiple idc but it is true and has been for over a year now.

and why exactly is he leaving Bayern? Is it Thiago's decision to want to move on?

Liverpool are scoring big time if they get him.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais - Page 5 Empty Re: UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:31 pm

Cherki on. I once read that French scouts think he’s one of the best talents they’ve ever seen. Let’s see what he’s about.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Thiago is the best midfielder in the world. Whether this is the first time said on this forum or multiple idc but it is true and has been for over a year now.

and why exactly is he leaving Bayern? Is it Thiago's decision to want to move on?

Honestly hermano I have no idea. I cannot tell whether its Bayern wanting to sell him or him seeking a new challenge.

Objectively speaking Bayern is a more glamorous and attractive destination, football aside but being under Klopp rather than Flick of seagulls is infinitely more attractive.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:41 pm

El Gunner wrote:

He’s 29, so he wants a new challenge for the later stage of his career is the reasoning apparently.

I’m glad he’s getting the recognition he deserves with this CL run. Henderson > Thiago was actually an opinion I saw floating around earlier this year...
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:42 pm

Henderson has been a good servant for LFC but recent wins and marginal improvement in his game has gotten to his head not to mention he isn't 1/20th the leader or player his successor was.

Highly fortunate position he's been in and has reached the limit of the best he can be, for years now.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Arquitecto wrote:And likely he is to even if he does not suit the system per say but he is versatile enough to adapt without losing what makes him who he is. If we are stingy for what Bayern are offering I will never forget this miss.

actually Klopp had changed last season the type of midfield control which might suit Thiago also but not sure if he would do that on a regular basis. Anyways, I hope we do sign him.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:45 pm

I guess this does not count for Lewa because the team was 2-0 up hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Arq calling Thiago the best midfielder in the world just before he moves to Liverpool... coincidence?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:49 pm

Robbed by Balon d' or ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Bayern are comfortably better than PSG so I favour them to win indeed. Especially given PSG wilt when a team fearlessly attacks them and the Bavarians are better at that then anyone in the world at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Bayern are comfortably better than PSG so I favour them to win indeed. Especially given PSG wilt when a team fearlessly attacks them and the Bavarians are better at that then anyone in the world at the moment.

I agree with your assessment, but PSG's midget mentality aside, they actually have players that are very capable of scoring, unlike Lyon and post- Werner, Leipzig. Neymar's finishing has been horrid in the last two CL draws, but I don't doubt that PSG can win this if they make use of their chances.

I honestly don't think there's any convincingly dominant team in football this season, quality-wise, so despite Bayern's comfortable run to the final, I feel like it's going to be more of a battle of mental strength, than a battle of quality in tactics or individual ability. If PSG score first, then I imagine they might actually steamroll Bayern. I actually do hope Bayern beat them, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Honestly Thimmy this match really is that hard to predict as measuring on individual quality is precarious given all the factors that match up analogous to one another. Neymar and Mbappe indeed have not done much but to build a defence to stop them isn't what Bayern do considering their attack as their foremost form of defence. Obvious statement but Tuchel's PSG time and time again Ive seen are pinned back against teams like Bayern.

Key player for PSG will be Verrati for sure in my eyes.

Speaking as a whole I don't want Bayern to win since they will match LFC's 6 Champions League titles but at the same time it is fun seeing PSG fail as their fans are by far the most obnoxious in Europe, though about time we see a French team win.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:35 pm

lol Thimmmmeh is on one, PSG ain't steam-rolling Bayern regardless of whatever circumstance
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Yeah but the only French team anyone wants to see winning is Marseille...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:38 pm

El Gunner wrote:lol Thimmmmeh is on one, PSG ain't steam-rolling Bayern regardless of whatever circumstance

No, Thimmy is right, look at the match today, Bayern are shaky AF in their backline, they could've easily conceded 4 against Lyon, if PSG score early, and maybe fumble in a second, Bayern might collapse.
If I had to bet money on the tie, I'd still bet on Bayern though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:40 pm

PSG winning has me indifferent for I do not see them as a French team for obvious reasons. Last I liked them was with Ancelotti and Blanc.

Lovely to see a French-German final rather than the usual.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Our Thimmy is usually spot on within most of his predictions but here I do not agree given Bayern when faced with adversity do not crumble like Barça or Juventus tend to.

I cannot foresee that scenario happening.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Obvious statement but Tuchel's PSG time and time again Ive seen are pinned back against teams like Bayern.

Key player for PSG will be Verrati for sure in my eyes.

This is definitely true, but I get the impression that PSG only reach their full potential when they have a mental edge - and when they do, it doesn't seem to matter as much who they're up against since the quality of their individuals are such a decisive element in the way they play. When they face an uphill battle, they fold like a house of cards. I would generally favor stable Bayern's chances of winning, but I wouldn't underestimate PSG's fragile quality in a one-legged tie.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:44 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Our Thimmy is usually spot on within most of his predictions but here I do not agree given Bayern when faced with adversity do not crumble like Barça or Juventus tend to.

I cannot foresee that scenario happening.

Yeah I mean it's unlikely, but I had to disagree with El Gunner saying that it can't happen. Bayern got thrashed by Frankfurt FFS, with a bit of bad luck a lot of stuff can happen.
But frankly, since Flick took over, I don't really see Bayern concede more than one, maybe two goals in an important game. So if they can score three, they're through.

Huge Flick fan, btw. Still not a huge Bayern fan, but I'll take a European club that I mildly dislike over Qatari mercenaries any day.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:59 pm

I want Mbappe to win his CL
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:16 am

El Gunner wrote:

Yes.

But honestly, if Liverpool keep being cheap bastards I hope we let him see out his contract.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:17 am

And, what did I say? Teams like Lyon we eat for breakfast. We could even play like a stinking pile of dogshit and stil win 3-0. Not one player with a good performance today apart from Gnabry, Neuer, and maybe Boateng.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:21 am

Gnabry certainly was decisive with some clinical finishing, but Neuer was my man of the match. It's been a while since the last time I saw him look this good. Lyon never got back into the game after an energetic start.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:24 am

Neuer has been good all season.

Müller especially was tragic today lmao, easily his worst game of 2020
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:29 am

I've only watched Bayern on a couple of occasions this season, but Neuer's rarely had much to deal with whenever I have.

I think Muller's always been a bit of an enigma. There's a certain erratic or unpredictable quality to his style of football. He can look like a klutz in one moment, and then handle the ball far beyond his assumed capability in the next Razz I've never quite figured out whether he's reliable or unreliable.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:29 am

Müller has been the best player in the world in 2020, he's been in excellent form

Why do you think Lewandowski is scoring so many goals? It's not like he creates his own goals by individual action, or shots from afar. He has a Müller in top form doing the assisting.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next