BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
Babun
36 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 8 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:29 am

rincon Thumbs up

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 8 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:31 am

Warrior wrote:While Rincon's post was interesting to read, i am still not convinced.

Those who are born with a penis, YES they are men, or males if you prefer scratch this was the nature lottery, chances were 1 out of 2 and a large majority will just abide by that without questioning (count me in this lot)

A minority feel like the genders are an abstract concept, the social expectations, the sexual experience or whatever else that comes with being a man is not good fit for them. So they might consider switching genders, and i'll politely thumbs up, but in reality they remain both a man and a trans-woman, it does not distort my views on the topic

ask yourself what comes first, the penis or the man?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:43 am

What does it even mean ? It's empty stuff for those who have too much time to think, and want to twist concepts around. Not buying that.

I give you my answer in the very same post you quoted
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:21 pm

'Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex
https://news.sky.com/story/hundreds-of-young-trans-people-seeking-help-to-return-to-original-sex-11827740
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:07 am

Kinda felt this was relevant to this thread, but my girlfriend proposed to me over the weekend. I accepted of course.

We had talked about the changing gender norms on our earliest dates and she had made it clear that she has no compunction about proposing to a man. I indicated I had no issues with being proposed to by a woman.

So yeah she went ahead and popped the question Saturday night, out of blue. Caught me completely by surprise, and that's not often something that gets done easily or frequently.

Last edited by McLewis on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 am

Congratulations McLewis!!! Very happy for you man, hope the best for you 2 cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:53 am

Thanks man. Extremely happy as well Smile
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:31 am

Congratulations, McLewis! I'm happy for you Smile I still think this is a strange thread to announce it in, though. Even if it may be more typical or common for men to propose Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:57 am

Thumbs up congrats man Thumbs up

First time i hear this, did she give you a ring or she just asked ?

The whole traditional ceremonious approach to wedding is a bit obsolete anyways, it's already a great thing to find someone worth concretize/officialize your love, no matter how.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:53 am

Warrior wrote:Thumbs up congrats man Thumbs up

First time i hear this, did she give you a ring or she just asked ?

The whole traditional ceremonious approach to wedding is a bit obsolete anyways, it's already a great thing to find someone worth concretize/officialize your love, no matter how.

It was pretty out of the blue so she didn't have a specific ring so she just grabbed one from her collection (she has a lot) and gave me the manliest one Laughing. We'll get proper ones soon.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:46 am

congrats man happy for you Thumbs up ... i saw you tweeted it was wondering when you would announce it to the GL LADS!

You and RG, who's next... Freeza and Myesmates?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Her proposing to you and bypassing such norms is a testament to what she feels for you as well.

Congratulations to you Neal my friends. I wish you and your wife the most bountiful and fulfilling life ahead.

Congratulazioni per il tuo fidanzamento Molenation Heart
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Man just casually drops that he is getting married in this thread ffs

Congrats @Mclewis. Thats 2 GL admins getting hitched this year.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:49 pm

Congrats, Mclewis. Reverse proposal is trendy Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:56 pm

I like when social norms are broken and we all realize how bullshit society really is. That’s fucking awesome McLewis. Congrats my man. Happy for you
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:23 pm

Man congrats McLewis, I just love shit like that! All the best!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Thanks truly, fellas. Proud

The reaction from family has been great as well. My mom and brother were totally fine with her proposing to me, however my fiance's side were definitely a bit bothered by it. I think they wanted more fanfare and tradition, I suppose. They're a bit old-fashioned so it wasn't that much of a surprise.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:42 pm

Congratulations! Mc and RG in the same week. GL on a roll and I have a tear in my eye!

All of this reminds me that CBarca probably turned 18 recently/finally, its time we find him a girl.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:01 am

I don't know about other countries, but although it's less common, it's not unusual for women to propose here. One of my closest friends was proposed to by his current wife, and it wasn't something worth mentioning at the time. I feel like expecting the man to be the one to propose is a pretty antiquated view on society, in this day and age.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:07 am

You also happen to live in one of the most progressive countries around Thimmy Wink

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:10 am

Congrats McLewis! I wish you a lifetime of happiness!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:02 am

Be blessed, always.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:20 am

Thimmy wrote:I don't know about other countries, but although it's less common, it's not unusual for women to propose here. One of my closest friends was proposed to by his current wife, and it wasn't something worth mentioning at the time. I feel like expecting the man to be the one to propose is a pretty antiquated view on society, in this day and age.

Yeah Thimmy you're from Norway, you can expect all of us in the rest of the world to always be a bick backwards compared to you guys!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:33 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I don't know about other countries, but although it's less common, it's not unusual for women to propose here. One of my closest friends was proposed to by his current wife, and it wasn't something worth mentioning at the time. I feel like expecting the man to be the one to propose is a pretty antiquated view on society, in this day and age.

Yeah Thimmy you're from Norway, you can expect all of us in the rest of the world to always be a bick backwards compared to you guys!

We're like cavemen compared to Thimmy, frankly.

@McLewis may Allah keep you and your partner safe & sound.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Thanks guys!

Isn't all of Scandinavia as progressive as Norway when it comes to stuff like this? To me, as an American, they all seem to be honestly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:53 pm

McLewis wrote:Thanks truly, fellas. Proud

The reaction from family has been great as well. My mom and brother were totally fine with her proposing to me, however my fiance's side were definitely a bit bothered by it. I think they wanted more fanfare and tradition, I suppose. They're a bit old-fashioned so it wasn't that much of a surprise.

Are her family African American?

From my experience black families seem more traditional in how they want gender roles to be set up. Sisters in particular are big on traditionally masculine men

Congrats too.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next