RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:58 am

Robespierre wrote:We won't forget @Hapless_Hans @Babun @VivaStPauli

better late than never I guess

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:08 am

Anyway, I went to my little neighborhood supermarket and it has introduced measures: they only let in a certain amount of people, controlled by a certain number of carts and baskets available, of which every person has to take one when entering, they spray your hands with disinfectant when entering, and there's 1.5m distance marks on the floor where the cue for the checkout counter is formed.

It's not security people doing it, but the regular employees, everyone's following instructions, and it was a very organized and civilized shopping experience, especially for a supermarket that usually is rather disprganized lol.
There's also a certain rationing on the notoriously hoarded stuff, only a certain amount of, say, toilet paper, flour (flour Laughing people apparently have benn planning to bake their own bread), and pasta, can be bought by each shopper.
That is, normal behaviour as mine, which I vowed to not change and didn't, as it was the correct shopping behaviour in the first place @Zagadka , is now demanded of everyone.

Potatoes and a bit of pasta was back ins stock, toilet paper wasn't, but the rest was pretty normal, bread, milk, vegetables, etc.

It was good. People were nice and relaxed.
Also, as @sportsczy tells from Brooklyn, it's just good to see how calm, rational, solidary and socially competent people do after all behave in big cities.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 am

Robespierre wrote:We won't forget @Hapless_Hans @Babun @VivaStPauli

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today we receive important medical supplies from Germany. Thanks <a href="https://twitter.com/jensspahn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@jensspahn</a> for your friendship in this severe crisis. We won´t forget that.</p>— Roberto Speranza (@robersperanza) <a href="https://twitter.com/robersperanza/status/1240552467282251777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Keep strong, we're all together in this one.
Hapless_Hans wrote:Anyway, I went to my little neighborhood supermarket and it has introduced measures: they only let in a certain amount of people, controlled by a certain number of carts and baskets available, of which every person has to take one when entering, they spray your hands with disinfectant when entering, and there's 1.5m distance marks on the floor where the cue for the checkout counter is formed.

It's not security people doing it, but the regular employees, everyone's following instructions, and it was a very organized and civilized shopping experience, especially for a supermarket that usually is rather disprganized lol.
There's also a certain rationing on the notoriously hoarded stuff, only a certain amount of, say, toilet paper, flour (flour Laughing people apparently have benn planning to bake their own bread), and pasta, can be bought by each shopper.
That is, normal behaviour as mine, which I vowed to not change and didn't, as it was the correct shopping behaviour in the first place @Zagadka , is now demanded of everyone.

Potatoes and a bit of pasta was back ins stock, toilet paper wasn't, but the rest was pretty normal, bread, milk, vegetables, etc.

It was good. People were nice and relaxed.
Also, as @sportsczy tells from Brooklyn, it's just good to see how calm, rational, solidary and socially competent people do after all behave in big cities.

I'm going to dissapoint you. No toilette paper in 4 stores I went to in Hamburg. No one respects the 1.5m distancing from each other, people don't go out of each others way on the streets, young peeps still meet up en mass.
At the end of the day, I got proper soap (Kernseife) und some Tempo packs as toilette paper replacement then got home.
The shutdown (Ausgangssperre) is just around the corner. I disenfected myself hard afterwards with Johnny Walker drinking

Last edited by Babun on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 am

I just wonder are people who buy lots of canned foods and flour going to eat them or throw them away if they didn't need them by the time this is over... Personally I'm not used to canned food and I'm afraid I would just not ever touch them if I bought them and didn't need them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:24 am

having people on the inside that work in lidl have been a god send tbh. i just text one of them what i want in the evening and just go down and pick it up when ever i wake up the next morning. i dont even have to wait in line and i also get a 10% staff discount cheers cheers

Last edited by Unique on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:25 am

Art Morte wrote:I just wonder are people who buy lots of canned foods and flour going to eat them or throw them away if they didn't need them by the time this is over... Personally I'm not used to canned food and I'm afraid I would just not ever touch them if I bought them and didn't need them.
hopefully they will give it to a food bank.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:38 am

Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I just wonder are people who buy lots of canned foods and flour going to eat them or throw them away if they didn't need them by the time this is over... Personally I'm not used to canned food and I'm afraid I would just not ever touch them if I bought them and didn't need them.

That would be great but something tells me that people like the lady that bought 200 eggs you mentioned are not the type of people to think of others in such matters
something tells me the people hoarding will not give their superfluous stuff away, they will keep it until it's spoiled and then throw it away
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am

Babun wrote:
I'm going to dissapoint you. No toilette paper in 4 stores I went to in Hamburg. No one respects the 1.5m distancing from each other, people don't go out of each others way on the streets, young peeps still meet up en mass.
At the end of the day, I got proper soap (Kernseife) und some Tempo packs as toilette paper replacement then got home.
The shutdown (Ausgangssperre) is just around the corner. I disenfected myself hard afterwards with Johnny Walker drinking

that's because Fischköpfe are animals and douchebags.
No suprise for me :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
El Gunner wrote:never read Dost. Is he an easy read?

rofl rofl rofl

I found it very challenging, but give it a shot anyways

I suggest to start with Crime and punishment

Then only if you liked the style, you can go on with Karamazov brothers Laughing i have not read the other books

From what i know about you, you'll find it fascinating.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:31 am

Warrior wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

Crime and Punishment is mandatory in our schools. I assumed most people have already read it in their teen years Very Happy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:53 am

Italy +5322 / + 427 today.

Total 41,035 cases and 3405 deaths. 8.3% mortality rate ( most above 60 years of age)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Nishankly wrote:Italy +5322 / + 427 today.

Total 41,035 cases and 3405 deaths. 8.3% mortality rate ( most above 60 years of age)

This also means Italy has surpassed China in number of deaths.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:08 pm

What's the consensus here btw?

Do we trust China's numbers?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Absolutely not.

China is a bigger fraud than I am and on a collective scale and already their whole reaction was based on lies and covering up facts.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Apparently they've been verified by other governments and WHO.

Scepticism is fine but I tend to think if there was a massive discrepancy somebody would report on it. China may be a surveillance state but they can't prevent leaks entirely.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:28 pm

I find it hard to believe that at the heart of the outbreak, when all the shit was initially going down, China never surpassed more than 150 casualties per day IN WUHAN (and with massive chinese population), yet Italy has lost nearly 400 people on average a day this week.

Something doesn't add up regarding the Chinese numbers.

Iran's death tally is minimum 3 times more than reported as well
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Warrior wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

Then only if you liked the style, you can go on with Karamazov brothers Laughing i have not read the other books

Idiot IIRC is the most beautiful one. I have not read the Karamasovs though. Also it's been forever since I read those so who knows how I might find them today
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Warrior wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

and that's the appeal for me, because i've heard before that he engages deep philosophical questions in his texts.

But i'm not the fondest reader in the first place, and if i find it a hard read it's basically curtains after a few pages Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:03 pm

The hoarding in grocery stores here hasn’t been all that noticeable, but the toilet paper isles have been completely cleaned out, man. People say we don’t put spice in our food, but something tells me we have a lot of people in quarantine who are preparing for a two-week Netflix and toilet marathon with extra spicy, Indian and Mexican delivery food. And I have to use kitchen paper.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:

That would be great but something tells me that people like the lady that bought 200 eggs you mentioned are not the type of people to think of others in such matters
something tells me the people hoarding will not give their superfluous stuff away, they will keep it until it's spoiled and then throw it away
yeah i think you are right tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Jay29 wrote:Apparently they've been verified by other governments and WHO.

Scepticism is fine but I tend to think if there was a massive discrepancy somebody would report on it. China may be a surveillance state but they can't prevent leaks entirely.

This is why I trust them.

Zagadka wrote:I find it hard to believe that at the heart of the outbreak, when all the shit was initially going down, China never surpassed more than 150 casualties per day IN WUHAN (and with massive chinese population), yet Italy has lost nearly 400 people on average a day this week.

Something doesn't add up regarding the Chinese numbers.

Iran's death tally is minimum 3 times more than reported as well

And this is why I'm hesitant to trust them

:facepalm:

At the same time, with respect to Sepi, we should not the absolute draconian measures China implemented in Wuhan, not to mention the rapid introduction of new medical infrastructure to help with the surge of patients.

The numbers don't seem right, but China also was able to push through measures that probably wouldn't fly in Western countries.

Another question is at what point did Wuhan shut down vs Italy shut down in the progression of the virus?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 pm

People here are still very civilized, making way for each other on the streets, staying out of each other's personal space, as Hans has observed in Berlin.
But at the same time I'm also seeing what Babun's seeing, young people (16 to 21 yo I would guess) are still gathering in crowds of 5 to 20, and I think they're not stopping.
I'm very anxious because I think they'll end up getting a curfew introduced for all of us, and while I'll be fine gaming, tanning on my balcony, and binging netflix, that means no more walks, no more bike rides, and that's at the beginning of the spring.

Here's a snapshot I took with my phone on my walk today, might've been my last one for a few weeks:
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 3 Img_2011
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 pm

That's beautiful Viva. That architecture is wonderful. One of the things I miss the most about my short visit to Europe. So much more history and personality in the buildings.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:00 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:People here are still very civilized, making way for each other on the streets, staying out of each other's personal space, as Hans has observed in Berlin.
But at the same time I'm also seeing what Babun's seeing, young people (16 to 21 yo I would guess) are still gathering in crowds of 5 to 20, and I think they're not stopping.
I'm very anxious because I think they'll end up getting a curfew introduced for all of us, and while I'll be fine gaming, tanning on my balcony, and binging netflix, that means no more walks, no more bike rides, and that's at the beginning of the spring.

Here's a snapshot I took with my phone on my walk today, might've been my last one for a few weeks:
thats a cool place to live mate. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:People here are still very civilized, making way for each other on the streets, staying out of each other's personal space, as Hans has observed in Berlin.

Joder...You are in Heidelberg?

That's my second alumni after my initial university and spent three years there. I miss it everyday.

Thank you for that lovely shot of nostalgia let alone photo.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:14 pm

https://www.newsweek.com/hydroxychloroquine-malaria-drug-coronavirus-fda-1493293

Seems like there is some success using a malaria drug to treat for COVID19 hospitalized cases
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next