RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:07 pm

with the amount of cases and deaths in Italy how are you doing mentally Robes?

Have some of the deaths been near to you (in your community or people you know of)?

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:12 pm

Sexist virus imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 pm

This is hilarious. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:21 pm

El Gunner wrote:with the amount of cases and deaths in Italy how are you doing mentally Robes?

Have some of the deaths been near to you (in your community or people you know of)?

of course there are deads here too but ppl I knew in person not, I knew just some infected ppl

About the mental matter, it's hard, but personally it's not a matter of quarantine. Real problem is indefiniteness of time.

Today is 20th day of lockdown. Today +400 ppl infected.
It seems to hard to glimpse light, you feel as if it's a thing that never will end.
Problem is not 2-3 months of lockdown, it's indeterminateness of something that seems you perpetual.
Even an inmate knows his countdown , you don't.
First lockwdown was fixed the 3th of April, of course it'll be extendend. When it had been done, I 'd have expected to find a more reassuring scenario. Well, at least in this world of vagueness I know something : it'll be extremely long
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Well

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 pm

Italy with record number of deaths today. Almost 1000 deaths. They are so close to hitting that 10,000 mark. This is insane man.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 pm

So are they doing the most tests and are the most transparent? Or is the situation really that bad/worse than in china
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Myesyats wrote:So are they doing the most tests and are the most transparent? Or is the situation really that bad/worse than in china

Or China was lying in the first place.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:45 pm

Thoughts on WHO in the events leading up to this catastrophe?

I'm on the fence here, on one hand he director does have to resign but on other his advise and decision was purely based on the information coming out of China and even when he tried to help, his 500 million plan was ignored by the governments.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-councils-in-england-asked-to-house-all-rough-sleepers-by-the-weekend-11964380

now this is something that pisses me off.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:08 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 20 EUHSVo2WAAkVCQA
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 20 EUHSVo2WAAkVCQA

definitively 'Pep praising your team'

think China's corona numbers are much more honest
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:57 pm

US now have 100,000+ cases.

Death rate still relatively low at roughly 1.5%
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:21 pm

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

I'm "only" seeing 97k but I'm sure we'll get there tomorrow
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

https://ncov2019.live/

This one updates faster.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 pm

if we say corona virus has been in the usa for 3 months and they have had 1500 deaths times that by 4 for a year and you get 6000 deaths. lets add another 10,000 on top of that for extra people that will die outside them statistics and you get 16,000 likely deaths in the usa over a year from corona virus. and i just saw a stat that said up to 60,000 people per year die of the flu. so why dont the world go on lock down when we get a outbreak of flu. could it be that the world is used to the flu and no longer fear it no matter how many people per year it kills. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:50 pm

The flu deaths happen over 6 months as opposed to within a few weeks, so they don't overload the healthcare system
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The flu deaths happen over 6 months as opposed to within a few weeks, so they don't overload the healthcare system
my point is why dont we all treat the flu as serious as corona virus when infact it kills more people. its like we just get used to old viruses that kill thousends of people because they are nothing new. its crazy what people will accept if it happends long enough.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 pm

Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:The flu deaths happen over 6 months as opposed to within a few weeks, so they don't overload the healthcare system
my point is why dont we all treat the flu as serious as corona virus when infact it kills more people. its like we just get used to old viruses that kill thousends of people because they are nothing new. its crazy what people will accept if it happends long enough.

We have medication to treat the flu.  The people who do die are from lack of seeking medical or help or just can't afford to get medical help or very immune-compromised going in.  It's a completely different circumstance.

Also, coronavirus is 100x more contagious than influenza.  So if you just let it run, it would spread like wildfire and take disastrous proportions.... despite the extreme efforts, it's already spreading like crazy. Imagine if we did nothing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:16 pm

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 pm

again if you look at italy and the rate people are dying it would have lost 40,000 from corona virus in a year but 68,000 from flu in a year. the thing is the news does not report every death from flu but reports every death from corona virus. looking at all the stats from each county you can see trumps point that the cure might be doing more damage than the virus. maybe the best thing to do is isolate anyone with more than a 70% chance of dying from it and let the young and healthy people go back to work and do more to make sure the high risk people are taken care of. keep the high risk people isolated and the government can spend the money on keeping them safe instead of spending money on people that have a 1% chance of dying.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Unique wrote:

We have medication to treat the flu.  The people who do die are from lack of seeking medical or help or just can't afford to get medical help or very immune-compromised going in.  It's a completely different circumstance.

Also, coronavirus is 100x more contagious than influenza.  So if you just let it run, it would spread like wildfire and take disastrous proportions.... despite the extreme efforts, it's already spreading like crazy. Imagine if we did nothing.
im not saying we should do nothing im saying lets put all our money and effort in to helping people that have high risk of dying and let the people with little chance of dying go back to work. like lets say a 28yo fit man has a wife and 2 kids and he has a job and a morgage and a car to pay for plus other bills to pay and he has 2 elderly parents who are at high risk. you could lock down all of them and the guy could lose his job his house his car and his life when him and his family have less than 1% of dying from it. why not keep his parents in lock down to keep them safe and let him save his lively hood and home. we must find a way to keep the most at risk safe but not destroy the lifes of people that are at 1% chance of dying. its costing governments billions to lock everyone down when they could spend half of that to keep the most at risk safe. let the young and fit keep the country running and hire people to care for people on lock down.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:41 pm

Unique wrote:

By the time this is over, corona will have killed more people than the flu. Corona has a 1% mortality rate, compared to a 0.1% rate for the flu. So it's 10x more likely to kill you. It's also more contagious.

And like I said, the health care system has the capacity to deal with the flu so it's not as big a deal, but it does not have the capacity to deal with corona.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Pedram wrote:

https://ncov2019.live/

This one updates faster.
S wrote:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Prefer vetted info from a world class university than these websites sourced from who knows where, personally
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Unique wrote:

By the time this is over, corona will have killed more people than the flu. Corona has a 1% mortality rate, compared to a 0.1% rate for the flu. So it's 10x more likely to kill you. It's also more contagious.

And like I said, the health care system has the capacity to deal with the flu so it's not as big a deal, but it does not have the capacity to deal with corona.
but the stats you are seeing from most of the world are from people that are sick and being tested and the people from that group that are dying. millions of people around the world are proberbly infected but only have mild symptoms and are not being tested and will not be counted as corona victims so the real number of infected to the number of deaths is way lower than is being reported. most people now are being told if you have flu like symptoms and are not really bad just stay at home and wait it out. now did they have flu or corona virus. the truth is it didnt really matter because if you didnt die from it the facts are that both give you the same symptoms and you can die from both of them but more people die from flu than corona virus so statistically speaking if you have flu like symptoms its better to have corona virus. if you look at the world stats right now its safer to have corona virus than it is having a bad case of flu.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:09 am

so Lombardia

37298 infected
+2409 than yesterday

11137 hospitalized
+ 456 than yesterday  

1292 intensive care
+ 29 than yesterday

5402 deads
+ 541 than yesterday

And it is only Lombardia , the biggest hotbed yes. Deads in the whole nation today are 969
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next