Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by rincon Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 am

Warrior wrote:
That said i do believe China is trying to make up for it. Why would they help other countries of they did not effectively manage to end the epidemia for themselves...

Likely to do what they have been doing for years, use every opportunity to expand their power in geopolitics.

You have this Serbian president now crying on tv saying that european solidarity is over and that Xi is his brother and friend. It's a power move by the chinese government to gain a foothold in these countries.

If they were trying to make up for it they wouldn't jail doctors and journalists that try to report on the virus, they wouldn't run their propaganda machine to blame the pandemic on the US.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:20 am

I was not aware they jail doctors and journalists

Also blaming the US for the virus i never read about that until now

If what you say is true they really are scum
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 am

Rincon has successfully described the way they work.

This basically has been Post-Mao China in their complete lack of humanity and disrespect to other countries or any such mentioned entities.

World politics and powers have more strings attached than puppets. This is not a conspiracy theory for those are for low-IQ plebs this is basically the sum of all histories of how their decisions work and of course it is understandable.

Seriously wtf is that clown Serbian president whining on TV for begging for help from a person who is one of many who conducts such propaganda. Is that the leadership you will use to inspire your country in danger? Vibe has twice as many balls than him since he is actually putting his life in danger to save this countryman whilst this simp is crying on live television.

It is about time people stop defending China for the sake of bullshit political correctness and call them out for the countless atrocities committed.

Why is it that Hollwood elite moralists speak of everything except them? From NBA to NFL to countless organisations?

But yes it is racist/discrimination/xenophobhic/[insert prejudice term] to criticise China.

Will calling them out for what they are doing or committing fix anything? No.

But this is new China for you.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:56 am

Arquitecto wrote:There is not a country in the world that commits more crimes against humanity, animals, human rights and environment more than China does. How they the Uighars is a small portion of it.

Anecdotally speaking I have been to both China and Japan. There is NO comparison given Japan is miles ahead in each way.

This constant defence of China has irked me given they will hold no accountability to the damage they have caused with the Wuhan Virus and Fennec is right that anger directed to a nation is NOT racism/discrimination but genuine criticism towards a hierarchy.

There is no reason to defend them. Serbia if anything deserves their help.

Their leader didn't have to cry on stage though lol

Calling them "filthy fuckers" and the disease "kung flu" IS racism. Lets get real here this has just given Europeans an out to express the way they have always felt.

Also lets be real Japan is neutered. If we were able to assert ourselves as a people the way the Han did you'd most likely feel the same way towards the yamato.

Japan isnt even allowed to speak up against Americans raping Japanese women on the island, but is magically ahead culturally to a Chinese world power that demands equal treatment to the west on EVERY stage? Dont make me laugh Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:13 pm

China is a horrible country. Lets not act like the virus is the only reason for the hate.

The essentially slave labor and constant breach of human rights is indeed filthy. They're a powerhouse only because of exploiting their people.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:There is not a country in the world that commits more crimes against humanity, animals, human rights and environment more than China does. How they the Uighars is a small portion of it.

Anecdotally speaking I have been to both China and Japan. There is NO comparison given Japan is miles ahead in each way.

This constant defence of China has irked me given they will hold no accountability to the damage they have caused with the Wuhan Virus and Fennec is right that anger directed to a nation is NOT racism/discrimination but genuine criticism towards a hierarchy.

Calling them "filthy fuckers" and the disease "kung flu" IS racism. Lets get real here this has just given Europeans an out to express the way they have always felt.

Also lets be real Japan is neutered. If we were able to assert ourselves as a people the way the Han did you'd most likely feel the same way towards the yamato.

Japan isnt even allowed to speak up against Americans raping Japanese women on the island, but is magically ahead culturally to a Chinese world power that demands equal treatment to the west on EVERY stage? Dont make me laugh Laughing

Those are cherrypicked groups that do not represent the large part of the criticism they rightfully face.

The criticism I point out is not to the people but the nation and who controls to to which countless atrocities to multiple entities are committed yearly, and more.

By Japan being better we are not speaking culturally we are speaking as a society be it infastructure to hygiene to health to reasons that are just obvious when you are in the country compared to China.

It is among the best countries in the world to live in and China is nowhere near that.

And none of these points have to do anything with mine given what me or others have pointed out are consistent in terms of the way China operates, the way they are protected by the Western media and their general treatment of humanity, animals and the environment of the world.

We know these issues and by we I include you and there is no excuses for them.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:China is a horrible country. Lets not act like the virus is the only reason for the hate.

The essentially slave labor and constant breach of human rights is indeed filthy. They're a powerhouse only because of exploiting their people.

You wanted to move to a country built on slave labor and exploitation in the US though.

The only difference is you can probably see yourself in Trump, but not in Xi Jingping.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:China is a horrible country. Lets not act like the virus is the only reason for the hate.

You wanted to move to a country built on slave labor and exploitation in the US though.

The only difference is you can probably see yourself in Trump, but not in Xi Jingping.

I wanted to move as a teenager, now I dont.

But yeah,sure, the reason why I'd prefer to move to US rather than to China is Trump!!! lmao, he is the worst but he's no Jinping who wants to control every citizen and censor everything. China is a regime
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

Kung flu. I'm stealing that ffs Laughing but I'm not sure how it's racist to call filthy fuckers a bunch of filthy fuckers. Just take a look at them food markets man they are disgusting the only thing I'm surprised at is they don't spread more germs to more people.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Meanwhile, first Corona related death in Bangladesh. Total reported cases 14.

The tourist spots has been closed today, but NOT places likes supermarkets, cinemas, etc.

I'm experiencing ALL the symptoms, but NOT at the same time. I'm guessing the cough is due to the smocking, sneezing is due to dusts etc.

Last edited by iftikhar on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Those are cherrypicked groups that do not represent the large part of the criticism they rightfully face.

The criticism I point out is not to the people but the nation and who controls to to which countless atrocities to multiple entities are committed yearly, and more.

By Japan being better we are not speaking culturally we are speaking as a society be it infastructure to hygiene to health to reasons that are just obvious when you are in the country compared to China.

It is among the best countries in the world to live in and China is nowhere near that.

And none of these points have to do anything with mine given what me or others have pointed out are consistent in terms of the way China operates, the way they are protected by the Western media and their general treatment of humanity, animals and the environment of the world.

We know these issues and by we I include you and there is no excuses for them.

Best in the world live in? Lets be real here unless you are 37+ years old you dont even remember a world where Japan has not been in an economic depression.  The only people who, if given a choice, live in a place like Japan over a first world nation are people like my grandfather who were beat down so badly by racism in their life they just want to live around people who look like them before they die.

Compare the lives of Chinese professionals in Shanghai or Beijing or Hong kong to the lives of comparable groups in Kobe or Osaka or Tokyo and the difference is glaring.  Chinese young adults get education and are able to enter the workforce of the most prestigious firms in the world where they can make a big name for themselves in a few years and live their life if they work hard enough for it.

Japanese young adults literally have to beg crap firms that pay like 3 million year to hire them on so they can sit at their desk all day, post pictures to instagram, and fetch coffee for people while looking down at their old classmates who are now serving them the coffee and actually working for the half amount they get.

Chinese firms actually give their workers raises too. Unlike in Japan where  your boss will get offended and turn your request to be fairly compensated against you and bring up hurtful things about your girlfriend/wife not being satisfied in the bed which is why you shouldnt get a raise(this actually happens). Chinese firms keep it all business, which is why they produce and why people think twice about coming out against them. Its hard to take a stand against producers.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:28 pm

if you ask me they're all cheats and fakes, one is just called China and the other the US

it's all a game, and of course some people will feel the need to criticise and point the finger.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Been hearing and a lot of people are saying it that on Friday the army is coming in to shut the country down and they will have soldiers at the supermarkets to keep order. And could arrest or fine people for being on the streets without good reason.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:01 pm

I'm just wondering like...what is Betty arguing right now?

Originally I thought you were just trying to be anti-racist, but it seems like you're actively sticking up for China as a nation where people should want to move to? Assuming that you aren't Muslim, I imagine?

No clue what your point is

And why the fuck are we turning this into the racism thread again? Jesus christ, there is literally a thread for this shit. Go over there
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:02 pm

Unique wrote:Been hearing and a lot of people are saying it that on Friday the army is coming in to shut the country down and they will have soldiers at the supermarkets to keep order. And could arrest or fine people for being on the streets without good reason.

Yea hearing the same too from a source at WHO.

my source at the WhiteHouse also tipped me regarding Canada-US border closure 48 hours ago and it was confirmed too.

Looks like both my new sources are reliable, so I'll post any further tip/update from them here :coffee:
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:11 pm

This is a world-order altering shit.

This is bigger than 9/11.....this is on-par with the collapse of the USSR in terms of international ramifications that it will have.

New alliances, some big losers, a few winners...world won't be the same.

Personally think this was the nail in the coffin for EU. Zero leadership, and basically every country went their way...do you think the Schengen borders will all magically re-open anytime soon? Not to mention Italy must be seething now as it got zero help from its neighbours and fellow members.

I think Trump's initial mishandling of this crisis for the first 2 weeks (tbh, even Democrats were more concerned with the call with Zelenskiy than Corona until start of Feb), could be very costly for him in November. Also the fact that he kept boasting about the stock market...lol

I genuinely think this virus will hit very hard in western democracies. No way they can contain it like Asian countries, for 2 reasons:

1- Asian countries are mostly very homogenous and in times of crisis, people act as one because of the collectivist culture. they remain civilized and look after one another. The multi-cultural West may not have the same harmony to act as "ONE" in such times

2- Asians by culture are just more obedient to the authority. So in crisis time, it's easier to control their behavior and steer the society towards a common direction. The measures China imposed to "contain" the virus can no way be implemented in the West. Hell, there are still idiots breaking the quarantine in Spain, in US they are calling Corona #BoomerRemover...Because of higher individual liberty in day-to-day life, it'll be much harder to remove them from individuals with no backlash or same level of discipline than it would from the Chinese/Koreans/Singapore/HK/Japan.

Hope I am wrong, but we'll see.

Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Zagadka wrote:Personally think this was the nail in the coffin for EU. Zero leadership, and basically every country went their way...do you think the Schengen borders will all magically re-open anytime soon? Not to mention Italy must be seething now as it got zero help from its neighbours and fellow members.

Every member is fucked and can't even contain the situation in their own backyard so in what way do you mean "helping each other"? Theres not enough resources in Europe as a whole as in theres shortage of tests, doctors and medicine all around.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 pm

^ that's my whole point.

In terms of crisis, the Union as a whole, the bureaucrats in Brussels proved to be useless and everyone was on their own making decisions.

Make no mistake, Corona has massively undermined EU as an institution
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:37 pm

You guys have never lived or experienced China...  that's not AT ALL how it is.  They're mostly decent people who have the same dreams and aspirations as all of us.  They just approach their problems in the context of their culture and social conditions.  

There's a lot of people who live in China.  Wuhan is a 15 million person city (2x population of New York).  Many people have historically relied on these wet markets to feed themselves.  There isn't enough refrigeration available to store and keep the food needed for such a large population... it's part of their way of life.

When people say "they have a horrible animal rights record"...  try starvation and see what you would rather do:  eat whatever you can or think of the well being of animals.  They're eating bats, rats, etc. ffs still today.  Not because they want to...  they HAVE TO.

Practice some cultural relativism people.  Your set of circumstances do not apply.

China is out of poverty mostly of course and their middle class is growing to become the majority segment of the population.  But "mostly" in terms of Chinese measures means several 100s of millions of people are still part of a migrant workforce who live job-to-job.  The only way they transition away from these practices is to minimize the number of people who have to rely on wet markets to eat.  There is no other solution.

This "awful government" as you put it has managed to transform an impoverished starving country into a world powerhouse and, soon, the largest economy in the world.  I would suggest that they're doing a lot of things right.  it's not a democratic society..  that's what people have a hard time coming to grips with.  We think our system is the best and everyone else should follow our example...  so arrogant. I would suggest that the Western countries' human rights record and responsibility for causing death/destruction is FAR FAR FAR worse than China's.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Zagadka wrote:^ that's my whole point.

In terms of crisis, the Union as a whole, the bureaucrats in Brussels proved to be useless and everyone was on their own making decisions.

Make no mistake, Corona has massively undermined EU as an institution

But it's not the institution's fault that Italy let it get way out of hand, right?

the EU as a whole can't be responsible for individual member's recklessness. Italy started closing schools and stuff with thousands of cases already.

Nobody was prepared for a global pandemic. French people go out to march in the centre of Paris when told to stay at home. Cmon...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:04 pm

Zagadka wrote:
Unique wrote:Been hearing and a lot of people are saying it that on Friday the army is coming in to shut the country down and they will have soldiers at the supermarkets to keep order. And could arrest or fine people for being on the streets without good reason.

Yea hearing the same too from a source at WHO.

my source at the WhiteHouse also tipped me regarding Canada-US border closure 48 hours ago and it was confirmed too.

Looks like both my new sources are reliable, so I'll post any further tip/update from them here :coffee:

What countries are you even talking about

what a load of BS lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:06 pm

Same for the UK.

We've got 2,600 reported cases and are only NOW going to close our schools. It took until this week to ADVISE people to socially distance for 14 days if they're displaying symptoms or living with someone who is. Before that, you only had to distance for 7 days regardless of who you lived with. Before that, our government was saying there was no scientific evidence for closing schools or limiting mass gatherings. All the while Italy was struggling.

Before nations go pointing fingers at each other for not helping, they need to look within and realise how much they've fucked this whole thing. UK, USA, France, Spain, etc. all looked at Italy and thought "nah, probably won't happen to us" and then when it did started happening, they've gone "oh shit, it's happening to us, better do something".

Last edited by Jay29 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Zagadka wrote:Personally think this was the nail in the coffin for EU. Zero leadership, and basically every country went their way...do you think the Schengen borders will all magically re-open anytime soon? Not to mention Italy must be seething now as it got zero help from its neighbours and fellow members.

Every member is fucked and can't even contain the situation in their own backyard so in what way do you mean "helping each other"? Theres not enough resources in Europe as a whole as in theres shortage of tests, doctors and medicine all around.

The Eu doesn't have the authority to do stuff like shut down borders, or intitutions, or gatherings, and rightly so.
In Germany, not even the federal health minister or Merkel herself has that authority (declare certain things to be closed and gatherings to be forbidden), as Germany is a federal state and the states and communes have the power.
And it also makes sense to use an approach adequate to each situation.
You guys need to clam down, this is not the Black Death, we will be ok.
The EU will still exist, our countries will still exist, borders will open again, and life will go back to normal.

Sepp, as always, has no clue what he's talking about and goes for the most melodramatic version, because he's a little hysteric and adolescent.

However, it will be an enormous, in large parts unchecked, further leap towards an infrastructure of surveillance of citizens.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

The Eu doesn't have the authority to do stuff like shut down borders, or intitutions, or gatherings, and rightly so.
In Germany, not even the federal health minister or Merkel herself has that authority (declare certain things to be closed and gatherings to be forbidden), as Germany is a federal state and the states and communes have the power.
And it also makes sense to use an approach adequate to each situation.
You guys need to clam down, this is not the Black Death, we will be ok.
The EU will still exist, our countries will still exist, and life will go back to normal.

Sepp, as always, has no clue what he's talking about and goes for the most melodramatic version.

However, it will be an enormous, in large parts unchecked, further leap towards an infrastructure of surveillance of citizens.

Exactly. Also it means that we will be better prepared for any potential new pandemic in the future so not all that bad.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:26 pm

rincon wrote:
Warrior wrote:
That said i do believe China is trying to make up for it. Why would they help other countries of they did not effectively manage to end the epidemia for themselves...

Likely to do what they have been doing for years, use every opportunity to expand their power in geopolitics.

You have this Serbian president now crying on tv saying that european solidarity is over and that Xi is his brother and friend. It's a power move by the chinese government to gain a foothold in these countries.

If they were trying to make up for it they wouldn't jail doctors and journalists that try to report on the virus, they wouldn't run their propaganda machine to blame the pandemic on the US.

You mix up politics with the people in China and the Wuhan virus outbreak.
1. People in China are just like you and me. There is no typical Chinese, like in Africa or India, people in every region are distinct in various ways. Think north and south Italy as example but on a much bigger scale, 1.3 billion scale.
2. The politics of the regime is totalitarian shit. I agree about that one. The sooner it collapses the better it is for them and the world in the long run. If you don't want to support China's policy just refrain from buying their products.
3. A global outbreak cannot be solved localy. Say China gets it under control so no infected is present anymore. One infected from the outside is enough to start off the chain again. The right move is to help out each other, so there is no carrier or spreader around anymore. That's what Germany, China and Italy are doing. As soon as the outbreak started, Germany and Italy sent maks and other equipment to China, USA did nothing. When the outbreak started in Italy, Germany and China sent equipment to Italy. Do you see a pattern?
What did the USA do? They put the problem under the carpet until Trump couldn't ignore it anymore. The best they came up with was getting exclusive rights on CureVac just for the US Americans. Iran for example cannot bring the outbreak under control partially because the medical resources they need is under embargo. Instead of lifting the embargo on medical devices/medicaments they wanted to send people ( certainly mixed up with CIA agenst ) into the country. Their "help" was rightfuly denied, the media in the west acted as if Iran is being unreasonable. So, if we eradicate the virus all over the world, are we supposed to isolate Iran forever somehow and to live in fear of getting the infection back?
The most recent and deadliest pandemics came from USA: Spanish flu and swine flu.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sepp, as always, has no clue what he's talking about and goes for the most melodramatic version, because he's a little hysteric and adolescent.

You forgot unapologetic right-wing troll.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next