Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:01 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Robes, I just read that the number of confirmed deaths of patients who tested positive for coronavirus in Italy has risen to 107 from 79.

That's a lot. Were they all old?

its true, 107 deaths (In 3000) for Italy compared to 35 for 5000 cases for South Korea.

I have to travel to Paris next week for a conference Sad. France at 290 now with 70 new cases today.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Robes, I just read that the number of confirmed deaths of patients who tested positive for coronavirus in Italy has risen to 107 from 79.

It is not known.
Suddenly .. there' s been increment of deaths ,it's doubled.
it's quite disturbing, honestly.
I don't know if situation is even worse than they want to say us, and I mean, Italy government is taking very seriously matter.
Schools and university will be close for 2 weeks  and it's been said you must not hug, no shake hands ,   keepin a safe distance away around 2 metres, reducing sociality.
It seems a dystopian scenario  . But it's reality.

Time spent
really   since first case : 1 week
Time   perception spent : 1 MONTH.

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 pm

Robespierre wrote:

It is not known.
I don't know if situation is even worse than they want to say us, and I mean, Italy government is taking very seriously matter.
Schools and university will be close for 2 weeks  and it's been said you must not hug, no shake hands ,   keepin a safe distance away around 2 metres, reducing sociality.

Time spent

I kinda disagree here. After first contact:

Time to develop symptoms: 1-2 weeks
Recovery: 1-4 weeks
Asymptomatic: 1-2 weeks. (Japan already confirmed a re-outbreak of a cure patient)

(Start point of all 3 stages are inclusive, the last point is the furthest case)

This means this virus has a larger bracket of nearly 8 weeks which is fucking horrible, it should be contained and I don't give a fuck if people call it just a flu. A flu isn't supposed to keep you in isolation for 20 days.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Here's something that may explain the sudden rise in deaths in Italy: about 23 percent of their population is 65 or older. The median age is 47.3.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:28 pm

So apparently pets can get it too?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hong-kong-says-pets-of-coronavirus-patients-need-to-be-quarantined-11582888486
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:37 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So apparently pets can get it too?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hong-kong-says-pets-of-coronavirus-patients-need-to-be-quarantined-11582888486
you say that like you are shocked and the virus was spread from bats to people in the first place
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:20 am

Nishankly wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

It is not known.

Time spent

I kinda disagree here. After first contact:

Time to develop symptoms: 1-2 weeks
Recovery: 1-4 weeks
Asymptomatic: 1-2 weeks. (Japan already confirmed a re-outbreak of a cure patient)

(Start point of all 3 stages are inclusive, the last point is the furthest case)

This means this virus has a larger bracket of nearly 8 weeks which is fucking horrible, it should be contained and I don't give a fuck if people call it just a flu. A flu isn't supposed to keep you in isolation for 20 days.

Mmmm maybe a misunderstanding.
What I meant it 's passed just 1 week since Coronavirus has been found out in Italy but it seems as if it's passed 1 month. Our time perception is heavier. Damn heavy.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:53 am

The first case outside the Italian tourists (who were positive on 31st Jan) was on 21st February in Lombardy and that was a cluster of cases in different cities. It has been 14 days since that date passed and we know (arguably) that they came to be tested after they were symptomatic which means the virus already spread unless that cluster came from one town which it didn't.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:29 am

Unique wrote:

you say that like you are shocked and the virus was spread from bats to people in the first place

That has never been confirmed. Just because people do eat bat soup in that area doesn't mean it's the cause of the virus.

Nishankly wrote:
I have to travel to Paris next week for a conference Sad. France at 290 now with 70 new cases today.

I have a flight to Seoul next week Laughing  oh well..
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:19 am

Nishankly wrote:The first case outside the Italian tourists (who were positive on 31st Jan) was on 21st February in Lombardy and that was a cluster of cases in different cities. It has been 14 days since that date passed and we know (arguably) that they came to be tested after they were symptomatic which means the virus already spread unless that cluster came from one town which it didn't.

Ah ok It's slip of tongue but it doesn't change the substance of the speech tbh
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:47 am

zigra wrote:
Unique wrote:

That has never been confirmed. Just because people do eat bat soup in that area doesn't mean it's the cause of the virus.

Nishankly wrote:

I have a flight to Seoul next week Laughing  oh well..

I think we are all young enough to not be at much risk, unless you have complicating health conditions.

The problem is we can infect other people
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:03 am

First hand experience of an English teacher in Wuhan with the coronavirus:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html

His cat died.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:28 am

Italy the hotspot in Europe. Major tourist countries are all doomed imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:48 pm

The crazy thing is that 75% of these exotic type foods, herbs, etc. in China are sold under the guise that they will increase virility... no joke.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:51 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:51 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:57 pm

First death in the UK confirmed

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 11 ESXM1BeWoAMFCPi
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:07 pm

When I read first death in UK and I think it's 148 in Italy...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Situation worsens in Italy.

Positivity on new swabs   is around 30%.
The highest  rate registered in Italy.

Bad news also about the number of deaths ( + +38%) and the cases of hospitalisation are raising ( normal or intensive care)

in fact 85 % among new "positive " to coronavirus need for hospitalisation , whereas before it was around 50 %

https://twitter.com/matheusagaso/status/1235622500697948160
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:The crazy thing is that 75% of these exotic type foods, herbs, etc. in China are sold under the guise that they will increase virility... no joke.

Are you telling me that Hans is Patient 0? Fuck me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:21 pm

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/05/c_138846529.htm

Now, it is official and not a probability anymore. Among other things, Covid-19 causes encephalitis ( inflammation of the brain/ central nervous system).
sportsczy wrote:The crazy thing is that 75% of these exotic type foods, herbs, etc. in China are sold under the guise that they will increase virility...  no joke.

Stay safe wherever you are!
Robespierre wrote:Situation worsens in Italy.

Bad news also about the number of deaths ( + +38%) and the cases of hospitalisation are raising ( normal or intensive care)

in fact  85 % among new "positive " to coronavirus need for hospitalisation , whereas before it was around 50 %

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="it" dir="ltr">Male anche il dato dei deceduti (+38%) ed in generale aumentano i ricoveri (T.I. o normali): se non consideriamo deceduti e guariti, l'85% dei nuovi positivi è infatti ricoverato, mentre nella prima settimana dell'epidemia questo dato era intorno al 50% /2 <a href="https://t.co/z4fyNRIpKk">pic.twitter.com/z4fyNRIpKk</a></p>— Matteo Cavallaro (@matheusagaso) <a href="https://twitter.com/matheusagaso/status/1235622502799486976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I personaly know an elderly woman from city of Brescia. A 61y old man she knows had flu like symptoms, everything was alright until all of a sudden he couldn't properly breathe without respiratory help. He is in critical condition now. The hospital is full so at least in Brescia they are going to use hotels to quarantaine and observe the mild cases.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:28 pm

Babun wrote:http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/05/c_138846529.htm

Now, it is official and not a probability anymore. Among other things, Covid-19 causes encephalitis ( inflammation of the brain/ central nervous system).
sportsczy wrote:The crazy thing is that 75% of these exotic type foods, herbs, etc. in China are sold under the guise that they will increase virility...  no joke.

in fact  85 % among new "positive " to coronavirus need for hospitalisation , whereas before it was around 50 %

I personaly know an elderly woman from city of Brescia. A 61y old man she knows had flu like symptoms, everything was alright until all of a sudden he couldn't properly breathe without respiratory help. He is in critical condition now. The hospital is full so at least in Brescia they are going to use hotels to quarantaine and observe the mild cases.

Situation is difficult in Italy, more than other European countries, but at least the Lombardia Sanitary system Is at the forefront (second only to Tuscany ). That permits to avoid collapse atm ...

Seriously I don't dare to image if same sort of epidemic happens in Southern regions

There are case in all 20 Italian regions, let's be clear, but biggest outbreak Is surely Lombardia ( the Inter, Milan , Atalanta region for who doesn't know It)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 pm

In the city where i live things have gotten so out of hand that they're now proposing to quarantine the whole city.

Too late now, should've done this two weeks ago.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/irans-caspian-sea-retreat-turns-coronavirus-hub/
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:28 pm

Babun wrote:http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/05/c_138846529.htm

Is encephalitis possible with our regular strains of Influenza as well or not?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:19 am

If this true then its mad.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next